Author Topic: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)  (Read 58558 times)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »
Ok, yeah point, but that's pretty noticeable. Thousands dead and tens of thousands dead is pretty attention-grabbing; this can't be swept under the rug. 
@Dina: Oh, good. I'm just not really feeling this idea.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »
Yes, the first time I've read about that, I thought it was an April's fool.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
Ok, yeah point, but that's pretty noticeable. Thousands dead and tens of thousands dead is pretty attention-grabbing; this can't be swept under the rug. 
@Dina: Oh, good. I'm just not really feeling this idea.

Not the first time....   The Shed Aquarium was torn up pretty good back in Small Favor when Ivy was kidnapped...  The area was torn up pretty good when Harry brought Sue back and stopped Cowl back in Dead Beat not to mention zombies tripping though Harry's place... Heck a whole street/neighborhood torn up when Harry and Cowl had their first duel, I mean cars flipped back and forth, these things don't go unnoticed..

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2019, 02:52:02 PM »
True, I think I'm just frustrated that we don't see enough of mortal consequences. Like, that scene in Dead Beat; Sue stomping down Michigan Ave should break the masquerade.
If the body count is what shows humanity at large what's going on, Peace Talks would be the time to do it.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »
All the big battles to this point have been isolated.  Not many people on the streets, weather events, and so on.  And almost all when school has been in.  June is high summer and schools are out.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
All the big battles to this point have been isolated.  Not many people on the streets, weather events, and so on.  And almost all when school has been in.  June is high summer and schools are out.

Yeah, but there are explosions, fire, bullets flying, buildings and streets damaged, hard to ignore that stuff...  Someone you'd think would call 911.. In the case of the aquarium a major tank was ruptured, water everywhere, animals killed..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:41:07 PM by Mira »

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2019, 03:22:59 PM »
Yeah, some stuff is isolated but still. I'm lean more toward Mira's argument. Heavy action doesn't exist in a vacuum. Harry riding Sue is one of my favorite scenes, don't get me wrong, but I call BS on that going past with minimal fuss.  But yeah, Morriswalter is right, summertime means that people will be out and about. Yeah, there should be lots of fuss. 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2019, 03:46:20 PM »

Only explanation is the White Council has a hell of a clean up crew... Kind of like in Skin Game if I remember correctly the cops were called when the bank was broken into but when they got there all the bodies were gone..  That was Nic's people doing it, I think he even mentioned at the end of the book that he had a clean up crew for lack of a better word for dealing with the bodies and the mayhem.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »
 Yeah, they probably do. I want to read something from their POV, lol. Really, I thought that was Marcone's people that time.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2019, 04:12:22 PM »
Remember that the Shedd fight happened in the middle of a huge blizzard, so big that Harry's back-up, who were outside, waiting and knew what was going on, had trouble getting in until after the fight was over.

The poor janitor that comes to the Shedd the Monday afterward isn't going to immediately conclude, "There was a magical battle here with fallen angels!"
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2019, 04:23:37 PM »
No, he's not but it definitely would make the news and people would speculate, even if it's not going to be leading them to magic and monsters. I bet people got fired. But yeah, sometimes I just feel like there are a lot of hoops being jumped through so that the masquerade doesn't get broken and I'm getting a little tired of it tbh.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2019, 05:07:32 PM »
Also remember that the vast majority of supernatural entities -- including groups like the vampire courts, the fae, and the White Council that have money and influence -- want to keep the masquerade up. And given what Jim's said, so does the government.

So on the one side, the supernatural creatures do what they can to keep things under wraps (remember that Harry once makes a White Court vampire back off just by threatening to expose himself. ... Bad choice of words), and when they do slip up, the government steps in and cleans it up (Susan's video of Murphy shooting the loup garou mysteriously disappears and then experts come out of the woodwork to discredit it).
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »
I've been wondering about Michael and his link to Heaven.  I wonder if some of his communication link to Heaven got upgraded after wielding Uriel's Grace.  That may have been the reason why he knew some "spoilers" that likely was the actual gift given by Kringle to Harry.

I also wonder what impact this new power of Michael's will have on events.  I think it will be something akin to divination, likely seeing some course of events that may need be forked Heaven's way.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
I've been wondering about Michael and his link to Heaven.  I wonder if some of his communication link to Heaven got upgraded after wielding Uriel's Grace.  That may have been the reason why he knew some "spoilers" that likely was the actual gift given by Kringle to Harry.

I also wonder what impact this new power of Michael's will have on events.  I think it will be something akin to divination, likely seeing some course of events that may need be forked Heaven's way.

Naw, I think it is much simpler than that, remember when we were kids we are told that "Santa knows who's been naughty and who's been nice..."  Kringle has a direct line, he also knows our hearts and secret wishes, he doesn't need Michael to whisper anything to Heaven..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2019, 07:03:20 PM »
Heaven gave michael some spoilers about what was going to happen and told hime to leave Harry alone for a few moments.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]