Author Topic: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)  (Read 58557 times)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2019, 01:06:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure the reason why Molly paid was pretty clear in the story- it was her Christmas Gift to Harry, since as his Boss and a Queen of Winter she was obligated to partake in the celebration.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2019, 03:14:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure the reason why Molly paid was pretty clear in the story- it was her Christmas Gift to Harry, since as his Boss and a Queen of Winter she was obligated to partake in the celebration.
Yes but you see that is the obvious reason stated by beings who can not lie. It is the only reason that fits in the story so it must be false! ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2019, 04:16:15 AM »
Then again, Harry is spending Christmas at Michael's place with his family..  Not unusual to visit with
your dog, but not your cat..  Harry never took Mister with him visiting before. Even when he stayed at Michael's house for days or weeks when wounded, Mister stayed at home. So why would he bring him for a holiday stay?  I don't think much can be read any significance in Mister's absence as confirming or not Murphy's survival in Peace Talks.No?  Hmmmm, what about getting the snot kicked out of her by Nic and a Holy Sword broken because  she thought she knew what best to do and wouldn't listen to reason?

Why do you say Harry is visiting? I thought he has moved with the Carpenters.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2019, 06:32:25 AM »
Hm, I think there might have been some line that Harry was staying at Molly's new place in Peace Talks. Since this takes place a little bit later, he might still be living there, unless things get so crazy he has to move again. Plus, the Carpenters do view him as family, so it makes sense to me. :)
As for Murphy, I bet she's spending Christmas with her own family. For all we know, Harry got to spend some time with her beforehand.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2019, 07:16:46 AM »
Hm, I think there might have been some line that Harry was staying at Molly's new place in Peace Talks. Since this takes place a little bit later, he might still be living there, unless things get so crazy he has to move again. Plus, the Carpenters do view him as family, so it makes sense to me. :)
As for Murphy, I bet she's spending Christmas with her own family. For all we know, Harry got to spend some time with her beforehand.

I am ok about Murphy but the idea I've got is that Harry was living with the Carpenters, probably as an aftermath of whatever happened in PT.  Anyway, I have no reason to believe Mister is living with Harry again, he was with Murphy last time I knew (there is a quote about Maggie feeding Mister broccoli, but they told me it was an invention).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:18:25 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2019, 07:50:35 AM »
Skin game was different. The secrecy was because Anduriel listened to everything. Karen understood when Harry told her that it was not to protect her but himself and she followed Harry's unspoken advise. References to earlier cases where Harry kept secrets to protect other people are not to the point.

That is why Murphy had to solve everything on her own and that is why comments about her not taking advise are unfair. She had taken Harry's advise.She brought the sword to have the option available which is not wrong. She either could find a situation where she could use it or could give it to someone if the occasion demanded it. The sword had to be there she just did not know what to do with it.

The sword had to be there. Her emotions colored how she used it but she had no real choice at that moment. We have discussed this endlessly but the alternative was a dead Harry or Waldo, she saved a life and the sword was fixable.

She was there because Harry asked her. Harry is not going to ask her for peace talks after what happened in Skin Game so the whole question is moot.

Yeah, considering the timeline it is likely that we won't see Karrin Murphy in book 16 at all. At most it will be a token appearance like in book 7. She is likely to be still recuperating in the hospital or at home. When PT went down Harry won't tell her at all, not while Murphy is injured. Doing so is the same as Harry killing Murphy with his own hands. Harry is not that stupid.

BTW: about the "Murphy's funeral" thing. Does JB mentioned Murphy's funeral or Karrin's Funeral?

If it is Murphy's funeral, it is entirely possible it is the deaths of members of the Murphy clan. Thousands died in PT and since a lot of the Murphies serve as law enforcements. Well, it is entirely possible that some of them had fallen. This could explain why Karrin is not there during Christmas . She is with her own clan.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2019, 08:34:48 AM »
Yeah, Murphy might not get a whole lot of page time. I remember doing a little research for a torn ACL, but I don't remember how severe it was in her case. So she'd be pre-occupied with her physical therapy but I bet she could afford a good surgery for it. She could be an out-patient. Though, I bet she'd still want Harry to keep her in the loop even if she can't do anything active.
Nope, it was Murphy's funeral. Pretty sure there was a mwahahaha in there too, lol.
That's a good catch, a definite possibility to me.   

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2019, 11:20:40 AM »
So let me get this straight, Winter gave the wounded and killed a billion or so so Molly could give Harry that card.  OK.

Charity  loves Harry. But she doesn't love Harry that much.  And she already has his a 200 pound "Mouse".   :)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2019, 12:13:46 PM »
So let me get this straight, Winter gave the wounded and killed a billion or so so Molly could give Harry that card.  OK.
Probably just Molly. She has loads of money now.

Charity  loves Harry. But she doesn't love Harry that much.  And she already has his a 200 pound "Mouse".   :)
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2019, 02:06:10 PM »

No, The Winter Lady gave the wounded and killed a Billion as a Gift to Her Knight. The card is just a piece of paper she showed him representing the actual gift.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2019, 02:25:25 PM »
Yeah, considering the timeline it is likely that we won't see Karrin Murphy in book 16 at all. At most it will be a token appearance like in book 7. She is likely to be still recuperating in the hospital or at home. When PT went down Harry won't tell her at all, not while Murphy is injured. Doing so is the same as Harry killing Murphy with his own hands. Harry is not that stupid.

BTW: about the "Murphy's funeral" thing. Does JB mentioned Murphy's funeral or Karrin's Funeral?

If it is Murphy's funeral, it is entirely possible it is the deaths of members of the Murphy clan. Thousands died in PT and since a lot of the Murphies serve as law enforcements. Well, it is entirely possible that some of them had fallen. This could explain why Karrin is not there during Christmas . She is with her own clan.
It is just Murphy’s ex. Of course because he was also Karen’s brother in law her sister is in tears and the whole family has to be there. Karen brings Harry along so it is socially very awkward.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »
No, The Winter Lady gave the wounded and killed a Billion as a Gift to Her Knight. The card is just a piece of paper she showed him representing the actual gift.
Didn't I just post exactly that? :o 

That is what you call a Christmas Gift.  It must have put a dent in her account with 8 zeros in it. :)  Mab will be cross if she gets overdrawn.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »
Didn't I just post exactly that? :o 

That is what you call a Christmas Gift.  It must have put a dent in her account with 8 zeros in it. :)  Mab will be cross if she gets overdrawn.

I think she did it because it was the only thing she could do...  She cannot change what happened, all she could do was bring what relief [pay the bills] as was in her power.  If her aim was to mitigate Harry's natural tendency towards feeling guilt and responsibility for it all, it's success was very limited.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2019, 04:30:48 PM »

I think he was visiting because in Jury Duty he was moving into Molly's apartment from the island to make a home for Maggie...   We know as of the end of Skin Game that Molly was looking to buy a house in the neighborhood that her parents live in.  So unless he lost the apartment for some reason in Peace Talks or some other reason, I think he is just spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with the Carpenters..  Which makes sense, given the level of his grief and the closeness that both he and Maggie have with the Carpenters.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »
I am ok about Murphy but the idea I've got is that Harry was living with the Carpenters, probably as an aftermath of whatever happened in PT.  Anyway, I have no reason to believe Mister is living with Harry again, he was with Murphy last time I knew (there is a quote about Maggie feeding Mister broccoli, but they told me it was an invention).

But Murphy did offer to give Mister back in the beginning of Skin Game but Harry said no because he thought that since Mister was getting on in years he'd be better off at Murphy's house as opposed to his current quarters on the Island, where he was living up until that point even though Molly had a room set up for him in her apartment, where apparently she was still living... But that must have changed because at the end of Skin Game she talked of buying a place in her old neighborhood to protect her family better.