Author Topic: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)  (Read 58557 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2018, 05:08:45 AM »
Face it, a bike isn't that hard to put together, and usually a kid's bike is bought in one piece...

Tell that to my brother-in-law, who has specific bike tools because he is way into bikes, who spent a good deal of time over at my house on Christmas Eve putting together a bike for my 7 year old nephew.

Mark that Molly's army is reduced to such an extend that she has to go on a recruitment drive and we do not know when the peace talks started. Not too long before christmass otherwise Molly would have already replaced her casualties.

Molly's cohorts could be down because Maeve was, what, a century behind on her work?

As to Christmas Mass schedules, in 2017 and this year, Fr. Forthill's parish had seven Christmas Masses. http://sma-church.org/old-announcements/christmas-schedule/ (please note that the Sunday morning masses aren't Christmas masses, they would be the final advent masses), http://sma-church.org/calendar/. I have no idea why the 2017 schedule is available. Additionally, there are probably a bazillion other Catholic parishes in Chicago with varied schedules (most having a Midnight offering).

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2018, 05:21:01 AM »
Also, did anyone else find it odd that the number for the funeral and medical expenses was a prime number (if you left the decimal places off)? That seems like an odd line to throw in there for no reason.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »
Also, did anyone else find it odd that the number for the funeral and medical expenses was a prime number (if you left the decimal places off)? That seems like an odd line to throw in there for no reason.

It is an odd remark, I noticed it as well, could mean one of two things, prime numbers were of some
importance in Peace Talks, or to the Winter Court when they pay off something... Or most likely
nothing at all, just something to throw us off the scent.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2018, 01:20:31 PM »
He's used them at least one time before. When the Naagloshii goes after him in Turn Coat,  he counts primes as a focus while fighting off the effect of soulgazing it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »
Tell that to my brother-in-law, who has specific bike tools because he is way into bikes, who spent a good deal of time over at my house on Christmas Eve putting together a bike for my 7 year old nephew.

I'd say that was his choice to do that because as you say, he is into bikes.   As parents we bought several bikes over the years for our boys ranging from basic with training wheels to more complicated BMX and multiple speed bikes, from places like Wal Mart to the best bike shops in town, as they grew older, we never had to assemble anything.. If it is required, a bike shop will do it for you for a small fee or as part of the service...  I'd say that Harry is doing this by choice.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »
I'm just impressed that Harry knows prime numbers up to what must be in the millions, if not billions.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »
I'm just impressed that Harry knows prime numbers up to what must be in the millions, if not billions.

Not overly difficult, numbers greater than one that can only be divided by themselves.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
But to just know that...I mean I'd have to sit down and go through lots of math... Is it even, does it end with 5 or 0, do the digits add up to a multiple of 3...And those are just basic rules I use to screen for potential primes.  After that I'd have to do something other than what I'm use to.

Back to Murphy though.

I did find it odd that Murphy wasn't there.  However, I will say, I found it odd that Mister wasn't there.  Mister would be with Murphy.  The fact that Mister wasn't around seems to suggest he is with Murphy.
I also had the thought to conform with my ideas that Murphy=Mab, that Murphy was actually there with Harry on Christmas just in another guise.

I guess I could read the situation between Mab and Mouse as perhaps Mouse knowing something about Mab/Murphy and not letting Harry on to it.  Mab showing appreciation/respect to Mouse for this secret being kept.
Mab/Murphy giving a gift to Maggie.  When Mab says to make sure Maggie knows who gave the present to her, this could have a dual meaning.  There is the Mab identity, and the 'I was a mortal once you know' that underlies the Mab construct.

I still have a bit of a hard time though with trying to mesh Mab/Murphy with having Maeve/Sarissa.  And then, all the Harry's references to Mab's view about Walt Disney etc. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:00:52 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2018, 06:45:51 PM »
Yes, that is what I said about Murphy raidem.

She was not clear, and she didn´t mention Mister, other people did.
(click to show/hide)
it's that a Zoo Day quote? I have not read that. I don't know when Zoo takes place either.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2018, 08:15:13 PM »
Not overly difficult, numbers greater than one that can only be divided by themselves.
Yes, I am aware of what a prime number is. I did, in fact, pass elementary school math.  ::)

The average person doesn't know them up to the billions, though, which is what the medical bill for thousands of people and funerals for hundreds more likely adds up to.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
I thought this was a really great short story.

I'm not surprised Murphy, Thomas, and others weren't there.  It was late Christmas Eve.  Also it would mean big spoilers, and stuff.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:48:20 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2018, 08:48:27 PM »
Yes, I am aware of what a prime number is. I did, in fact, pass elementary school math.  ::)

The average person doesn't know them up to the billions, though, which is what the medical bill for thousands of people and funerals for hundreds more likely adds up to.

But Harry isn't average,  he also would know the mystical significance if there is one, thus know
immediately that no matter how large that it is a prime number.

I did find it odd that Murphy wasn't there.  However, I will say, I found it odd that Mister wasn't there.  Mister would be with Murphy.  The fact that Mister wasn't around seems to suggest he is with Murphy.
I also had the thought to conform with my ideas that Murphy=Mab, that Murphy was actually there with Harry on Christmas just in another guise.

But the quote about Maggie giving Mister broccoli says he is back living with Harry now... So who knows.. You may win in the end that Mab is Murphy or is it the other way around? :-\

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
I'm spending way to much time on Harry related things, which to be fair I have in excess.  For all those Murphy killers out there, a WOJ.
This book is only set a couple of months after the end of the previous one [Skin Game], so, you know, Murphy’s still undergoing surgeries and so on to get fixed because when you get hurt like that, it takes a long time to get better. When you’re not some kind of superhuman, “I work for Queen Mab”, living punching bag…

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
I'm spending way to much time on Harry related things, which to be fair I have in excess.  For all those Murphy killers out there, a WOJ.

Ah, but since when did something like a bum knee stop Murphy when Harry and mankind is on the line?  If things get bad enough, and it looks like they will, someone will have to lock her up in a cell, tie her down and throw away the keys... Because you know how bull headed she can be, and if she thinks she can make a difference no matter how small or illogical her thought process, she will be
there.  If she is, and if she gets killed in the process, the impact will be very hard on Harry.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2019, 12:11:17 AM »
Ah, but since when did something like a bum knee stop Murphy when Harry and mankind is on the line?  If things get bad enough, and it looks like they will, someone will have to lock her up in a cell, tie her down and throw away the keys... Because you know how bull headed she can be, and if she thinks she can make a difference no matter how small or illogical her thought process, she will be
there.  If she is, and if she gets killed in the process, the impact will be very hard on Harry.
Since literally every time Murphy's been that injured.

She got mentally busted up in Grave Peril and was out the rest of the book.

She got physically busted up in Summer Knight and was out the rest of the book.

She got physically beaten up in Skin Game and was out the rest of the book.

We're seeing a pattern here, and the pattern is absolutely not, "she's going to throw herself into the fire while she's injured."

If anything, it's the exact and complete opposite of what you're saying.

She has never been shown to be as "bull headed" as you're assuming she must be.