Author Topic: The Gatekeeper  (Read 2310 times)

Offline zetadog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
The Gatekeeper
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:51:53 PM »
Does the Gatekeeper have some ability to make gates that open up wherever he wants them to?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Gatekeeper
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 12:28:53 AM »
We don't know that he doesn't, but there's been nothing to suggest that he does.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:05:07 AM »
I think he's just hello knowledgeable about the Ways. He spoke of Margaret Sr. as a peer in spending a lot of time in the NN.

Offline zetadog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 11:34:00 PM »
he seems to open up a gate from outside the mothers' place straight to chicago.  and shows up at the edge of demonreach island.  he seems to also have some levitation or flying ability.

Wizard Sibelis

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 12:22:50 AM »
You can actually find Warden and Gatekeeper in synonym and older descriptions. I'd say the same thing exists for the GK as the Warden, options.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »
You can actually find Warden and Gatekeeper in synonym and older descriptions. I'd say the same thing exists for the GK as the Warden, options.

I actually think you are on to something from the description of what he was doing when Mother Summer took Harry to go visit the Outer Gates and the Rashid..  He appears to be a general leading the troops of Winter in protecting or guarding the Gates.  His real purpose apparently is on a need to know basis and most of the Senior Council let alone the Council as a whole doesn't need to know.