Author Topic: Is Michael more than he appears?  (Read 8636 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Is Michael more than he appears?
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:17:57 AM »
"Stay away from my family, faerie.  Or I will set such things in motion against you as will destroy you for all time." - Michael to Lea in Grave Peril....  Actually this threat was made after she wanted Molly for trade... 

The question is, what could Michael do?  He didn't have the Sword.  What things could he set into motion?  Was it all a bluff?  Michael doesn't seem the type to bluff. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:24:23 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Is Michael more than he appears?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:46:44 AM »
He'd just pray, and has just enough faith to make it happen. Ever see the movie "From Dusk Till Dawn"? Seth to everyone: "actually, our best weapon against these satanic mofos is this guy. As far as God is concerned we might all be pieces of shit, but he's one of the boys" Apply the same rule. He doesn't need to be more than he us to make it happen.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:27:09 AM »
Yeah, Michael believing God would intervene against Lea in response to his prayers is one possibility.

The other I can think of is Michael calling in favors from other powerful supernatural beings, he's been doing the Knight of the Cross thing for a while (at least 15 years, since he already was a Knight when he met Charity), he must have accumulated some.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
Yeah, Michael believing God would intervene against Lea in response to his prayers is one possibility.

The other I can think of is Michael calling in favors from other powerful supernatural beings, he's been doing the Knight of the Cross thing for a while (at least 15 years, since he already was a Knight when he met Charity), he must have accumulated some.

You know that's a good possibility.  Over the years he may have come to the rescue of some powerful Being's much like he did the White Council members, and as a result they are in his debt, and owe him.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
I agree with both things., which can be described in short as "Michael has Connections". With a capital C.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Wizard Sibelis

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
"Stay away from my family, faerie.  Or I will set such things in motion against you as will destroy you for all time."
I think it's a cluebat to watch Michaels reaction to what has become of Molly personally.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »
He is gonna have to eat some of his words.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
He is gonna have to eat some of his words.

Jim said Harry will face off against Lea eventually.  Michael may be there to finish it.

I think it's a cluebat to watch Michaels reaction to what has become of Molly personally.

Very curious to see how he responds...  I think it will be a grudge that won't be too obvious but will rear it's head eventually.  Especially when he realizes that his daughters soul is dwindling away.  It's more than just a mortal death.  If that's not something to get revenge for I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:04:30 PM by groinkick »

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 01:28:57 AM »
I doubt TWG would directly intervene, even on Michael's behalf.  However, having Michael turn to other powers would be within what we saw in the Warrior short story.  Uriel said that Michael can get pretty irrational when it comes to his kids.

Wizard Sibelis

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »
I could totally see TWG pulling out his fire and brimstone cap for such a thing. It's vengeance more than revenge anyway I think. I think TWG might have a problem with the whole subliminal fae choice/I get to slowly eat your soul, bit. Mayhaps he's doing as he did with the Red court and prepping the long game...

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 09:48:57 AM »
I don't know. Uriel seems to be ok with the wholy Molly thing.

There are some very strong statements here but some things just do not seem to add up.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 06:28:38 AM »
There are some very strong statements here but some things just do not seem to add up.

I think we don't know enough about the situation. I can see at least two possible reasons why Molly's situation might not be as bad as generally assumed.

- IMO, it's not certain that "soul" in the sense of what a wizard sees when they do a soulgaze is the same as "what goes on to the afterlife". Bob in GS talks about the soul and spirit being two different things, but they combine and become something else when a mortal dies. So it's possible that Fae-who-used-to-be-mortals have their soul transformed sufficiently that it won't register on a soulgaze, but it still exists in some form, enough to go on to the afterlife.

-Molly may not be Winter Lady long enough for the process to go to completion. There seems to be an Outsider-related apocalypse coming; the destruction or radical transformation of the Winter Court could be one way that would start. It's possible that Uriel has enough foresight to expect that.

(I also like the idea of Winter being destroyed because it would seem to fit the "what causes Harry more trouble" theme... Harry finally gets out of the Winter Mantle (because Winter is destroyed so there's nothing to fuel it) but then has to fight the Outsiders without it...)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 08:40:24 PM »
I think we don't know enough about the situation. I can see at least two possible reasons why Molly's situation might not be as bad as generally assumed.

- IMO, it's not certain that "soul" in the sense of what a wizard sees when they do a soulgaze is the same as "what goes on to the afterlife". Bob in GS talks about the soul and spirit being two different things, but they combine and become something else when a mortal dies. So it's possible that Fae-who-used-to-be-mortals have their soul transformed sufficiently that it won't register on a soulgaze, but it still exists in some form, enough to go on to the afterlife.

-Molly may not be Winter Lady long enough for the process to go to completion. There seems to be an Outsider-related apocalypse coming; the destruction or radical transformation of the Winter Court could be one way that would start. It's possible that Uriel has enough foresight to expect that.

(I also like the idea of Winter being destroyed because it would seem to fit the "what causes Harry more trouble" theme... Harry finally gets out of the Winter Mantle (because Winter is destroyed so there's nothing to fuel it) but then has to fight the Outsiders without it...)
We do not know a thing about what is after but we know about Hades. It is quite possible that the other afterlives are not that different and then doing something useful in defending reality might be preferable to doing nothing for eternity. It is about having a purpose. Ask Gard. The christian point of view is not the only one.

Or alternatively the Sidhe courts and Vadderung ultimately all serve the same boss just in very different departments and Uriel is just glad he helped recruit some valuable employee.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 03:19:35 AM »
We do not know a thing about what is after but we know about Hades. It is quite possible that the other afterlives are not that different and then doing something useful in defending reality might be preferable to doing nothing for eternity. It is about having a purpose. Ask Gard.

Well, I was more talking about what would happen if Molly died, not her existence as Winter Lady. When she died in CD, did Lily's soul/spirit/whatever go on to some kind of afterlife, or did she just pop out of existence, or dissolve into the totality of Summer losing individual consciousness, or whatever happens to Fae when they die?

Offline jbmdw45

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 04:27:35 AM »
Very curious to see how he responds...  I think it will be a grudge that won't be too obvious but will rear it's head eventually.  Especially when he realizes that his daughters soul is dwindling away.  It's more than just a mortal death.  If that's not something to get revenge for I don't know what is.
Somehow I don't think Michael will be the type to believe in souls "dwindling away," period. That's just Harry's take on it, not Michael's. Look at Michael's reaction to Nicodemus' claims about what would happen if Michael died in Hades' realm. Paraphrasing from memory: "On the one hand, I have your word. On the other hand, I have my Father's. I think I know to which voice I should listen."