Author Topic: Dresden and Mab's Future  (Read 4943 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Dresden and Mab's Future
« on: June 30, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »
This is a post on Reddit, not my own theory.  I ran across it and found it very interesting. It basically says that Harry has fulfilled one of the conditions of becoming Mab by giving birth to Bonnie.
"You? The new Summer Lady?"
Lilly flushed prettily and nodded.
"I know. I didn't want it, but when Aurora died, the power flowed to the nearest Summer vessel. Usually it would be one of the other Queens, but I had the Knight's power, and it just sort of...plopped in there."

Sooo....we know from Cold Case that at least the Winter Lady's mantle stops from getting pregnant, because she has to remain a Maiden to be the Lady. If she became a mother, she would be the Queen. We also know that the Queens' mantles can transfer to someone holding the Knight's mantle if another Queen isn't around to grab it. We ALSO know that Mab was mortal once ("I was mortal once."), so the Queen's mantle can transfer to a mortal.

I think it's safe to say that Mab is probably going to die during the Big Apocalyptic Trilogy. She's been both built up as a terrifying force and humanized, so narratively this would go a great deal towards showing the scope of the threat and creating drama.

If the Winter Queen must be a mother, and holding the Knight's mantle is enough to qualify you as a vessel, then let's consider for a moment that Harry Dresden is the Winter Knight, he has been raised and trained by Fey for most of his life, and he just gave birth. Yes, Bonnie is a spirit entity, but in the Nevernever that probably counts for more than birthing a real child. Also, being a Starborn and a powerful wizard in his own right could be the edge that the Winter Queen needs to finally tip the scales and push the invasion back.

So that's one of my predictions for the BAT. Queen Harry standing alongside the Knights of the Cross (Butters, Sanya, and Marcone) and Demonreach's denizens against the Outsiders.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden and Mab's Future
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 04:13:43 PM »

Queen Harry???? :o

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »

Queen Harry???? :o
Queen Arryy from white night. Foreshadowing right there.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »
This is my reply to the Reddit poster:

That is an awesome theory. Congrats.
In Babylon 5, we encounter a plot line around "the One" which ends up not just one individual but three individuals. These individuals are two males and one female. So, I could see Jim (who professed watching Babylon 5 while creating the series--he named Harry DRESDEN after DRESDEN was mentioned on the show) using "the One" being a trinity that had all given birth.
So, Harry could fit the definition of Mab if really needed, as he had given birth.
I'll combine this though with my theory that Mab/Murphy exists. So perhaps there will be a set of "Mab's" that will need to work in tandem across subsets of realities where they each rule. Or, a Mab/Murphy ascends to Mother Murphy. Or we could have a 'Mab/Queen' trinity of Murphy, Harry, Molly that works in tandem.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
Queen Arryy from white night. Foreshadowing right there.
What do you mean?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 06:55:43 PM »
Just a little joke, nvm

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 09:30:05 PM »
If Murphy was ROFLOL about pregnant Harry; how would she respond to Harry, Queen of the Faeries?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 10:09:10 PM »
What if that is a circumstance Mab/Murphy has planned for. Maybe when mother winter dies and all hell breaks loose when Mab/Murphy ascends to Mother, maybe she wants Harry there to be her Man, I mean Mab :) and Molly is somehow prevented from taking the role right then, there.  They then, Murphy, Harry, Molly jointly for a bit fight the Outsiders.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »
I got the joke now Fcrate. Harry pretending to be a queen in white knight. Lol.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 10:31:17 PM »
"Sir," he said, handing my key and license back and trying not to look like he was carefully not touching me. "I apologize for the inconvenience, but as you are not a resident here, it is standard procedure for visitors to check in with the security personnel at the entrance when entering or leaving the building."
"This is just typical of him," I said. "Forgetting something like this. I probably should have called ahead and made sure he'd told you."
"I'm sorry," he said. "I hate to inconvenience you. But until we do have that written authorization from Mr. Raith that he wishes you to have full access, I need to ask you to leave. I know it's just paperwork, but I'm afraid there's no way around it."
I sighed. "Typical. Just typical. And I understand you're just doing your job, sir. Let me go to the bathroom and I'll be right down."
"Perfectly all right," he told me. "Officer." The cop stood up from Mouse and gave me a lingering look. Then she nodded, and the pair of them headed back down the hall. I let Mouse back in, then closed the door most of the way and Listened, narrowing the focus of my attention until nothing existed but sound and silence.
"Are you sure?" the cop asked the security guy. "Oh, absolutely," he said. "Toe-moss," he said, emphasizing the pronunciation, "is as queer as a three-dollar bill." "He have any other men here?" "Once or twice," the man said. "This tall one is new, but he does have one of the original keys." "He could have stolen it," the cop said. "An NBA-sized gay burglar who works with a dog?" the security guy replied. "We'll make sure he's not stealing the fridge when he comes out. If Raith is missing anything, we'll point him right at this guy. We've got him on video, eyewitnesses putting him in the apartment, a copy of his driver's license, for crying out loud."
"If they're in a relationship," the cop said, "how come this Raith guy never cleared his boyfriend?"
"You know how queers are, the way they sleep around," the security guy said. "He was just covering his ass." "So to speak," the cop said. Security guy missed the irony in her tone, and let out a smug chuckle. "Like I said. We'll watch him." "Do that," the cop said.
"I don't like it, but if you're sure."
"I don't want a jilted queen making a big scene. No one wants that."
"Heavens, no," the cop said, her tone flat. I eased the door shut and said to Mouse, "Thank God for bigotry." Mouse tilted his head at me. "Bigots see something they expect and then they stop thinking about what is in front of them," I told him. "It's probably how they got to be bigots in the first place." Mouse looked unenlightened and undisturbed by it.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:35:35 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 10:36:55 PM »
"Hey," I said, "it's late. I should let you get some rest." "No," Ramirez said, his voice stronger. "We need to talk." I sat there for a minute, bracing myself. Then I said, "About what." "About how tight you are with the vamps," he said. "About you making deals with scumbag mobsters. I recognized Marcone. I've seen his picture in the papers." Ramirez shook his head. "Jesus Christ, Harry. We're supposed to be on the same team. It's called trust, man." I wanted to spit something hostile and venomous and well deserved. I toned myself down to saying, "Gee. A Warden doesn't trust me. That's a switch."
Ramirez blinked at me. "What?" "Don't worry about it. I'm used to it," I said. "I had Morgan sticking his nose into every corner of my existence for my entire adult life." Ramirez stared at me for a second. Then he let out a weak snort and said, "All hail the drama queen. Harry…" He shook his head. "I'm talking about you not trustingme, man." My increasingly angry retort died unspoken. "Uh. What?"

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 10:39:46 PM »
Heh. Finally :D you got it right the first time.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 10:40:11 PM »
Thomas froze. His eyes widened to the size of hand mirrors. He swallowed, and the bobby pins fell out of his mouth. All the women looked back and forth between us, and there was an immediate buzz of whispers and quiet talks. "You have got to be kidding me," I said. "O-oh," Thomas said. "Ah-ree." One of the stylists glanced back and forth between us and said, "Thomas." (She pronounced it Toe-moss.) "Who isyour friend?" Friend. Oy vey. I rubbed at the bridge of my nose with one hand. I was never going to get away from this one. Not if I lived to be five hundred.

(Page 278).

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
Heh. Finally  you got it right the first time.
And I sourced it. You had me off by the spelling of it, too.

Queen Ah-ree

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 05:00:45 AM »
This is just a guess, but I think Harry will receive one, maybe two more power-up's.  One will be him learning how to use his Starborn ability.  The other I don't know...  Perhaps sacrificing his eye for something.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.