Author Topic: Juxtaposition, Who fixed LC?  (Read 11400 times)

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Juxtaposition, Who fixed LC?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 04:04:22 AM »
yes probably it belongs to bonnie for sevral reasons.

1. Maggie was not even a character that Jim had thought about having at the time he wrote proven guilty.

2. Bob is in to romance novels so it would make sense that bonnie a younger version of Bob who at this point is a child would be into reading Calvin and hobs as opposed to a romance novel
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 04:43:40 AM »
A Calvin and Hobbes book was left behind, and Harry has no idea how it got there?  That is interesting, and must mean something or why even have it there? 

Could Elaine have left it behind as a clue?  Like she knew Harry loved it when they were kids?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 05:12:09 AM »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 05:29:08 AM »
I always preferred the theory that it was a subtle hint (from Lea maybe?) about the hobs that were about to show up.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
I believe Ms. Duck had the theory that Mab left it there.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »
The onlusten alternatieve is Kringle hut Mab is far more likely.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »
I always preferred the theory that it was a subtle hint (from Lea maybe?) about the hobs that were about to show up.

That's an interesting idea. I don't know how that could be brought up at this point without time travel, though.  I mean... if we see it happen, cool. But we've got to see it unfold on the page, I think. I doubt the average reader will be able to even remember the book was there this late in the series.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »
Lea was in ice at the time but Mab was playing Lea when needed.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 04:35:29 PM »
Maybe, it was literally Calvin and Hobbes who participated in the fixing of Little Chicago. Or it was Mab directing them, him, to fix it.  Then they left the comic book of themselves as a hint.

Molly will end up with her second being some Calvin/Hobbes character.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:51:13 PM by raidem »

Offline fetchzee

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »
Just randomly throwing it out, but my most likely suspect is Ivy.

The quote goes into detail about how the person would have to have intimate knowledge about the plans for LC, how to bypass the wards, etc. - almost as if they could read and perfectly understand the written wards and plans as they were put up.

Also, Ivy was probably about the right age at that point to read Calvin and Hobbes.

Plus, Harry gave her a name.  It's been made pretty clear that that is a Big. Deal.

Presumably, Harry and Bob went over written plans for LC as they were designing and building it - since it's written, Ivy knew about it, and since she is the Archive, she would have known about the flaw.  Because she knew what would happen if the flaw weren't fixed, she fixed it.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2018, 05:57:10 PM »
Maybe, it was literally Calvin and Hobbes who participated in the fixing of Little Chicago

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »
Think of a Fae resembling Calvin.  Anyways, it was a throw away idea.

Going with the Archive idea though, it could work. She was brought up in PG as Harry did call her and left a message on answering service asking for leads on black magic I think.  One of my WAG's have Bonnie as some sort of prototype for the Archive in some TT event back in the past. So, the Archive participating in fixing Little Chicago saving her 'prototype' self is bit complicated TT plot that appeals to me.

Anyways, I still think the juxtaposition outlined by the OP means something.  So there is a Murphy connection to fixing Little Chicago in some way.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2018, 06:19:02 PM »
Think of a Fae resembling Calvin.  Anyways, it was a throw away idea.

Going with the Archive idea though, it could work. She was brought up in PG as Harry did call her and left a message on answering service asking for leads on black magic I think.  One of my WAG's have Bonnie as some sort of prototype for the Archive in some TT event back in the past. So, the Archive participating in fixing Little Chicago saving her 'prototype' self is bit complicated TT plot that appeals to me.

Anyways, I still think the juxtaposition outlined by the OP means something.  So there is a Murphy connection to fixing Little Chicago in some way.

Actually it could be that the Archive saved Harry.  She would certainly have the intelligence to do so, and her leaving the book behind could be a clue, or she simply left it by accident while down there.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2018, 04:05:31 AM »
Lea was in ice at the time but Mab was playing Lea when needed.

Good point, it would have been Mab filling in for Lea's obligations.

I think it's pretty likely that she fixed Little Chicago too. Lea set up her garden on the NN side of Harry's apartment and protected him from tons of threats. Since Mab was required to fill in for Lea's godmother obligations for years, she almost certainly would have been familiar with it.

And Fae can get through thresholds if they mean no harm (and I don't think Harry's wards would have stopped a direct NN entrance from Lea's garden).

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2018, 03:38:22 AM »
Good point, it would have been Mab filling in for Lea's obligations.

I think it's pretty likely that she fixed Little Chicago too. Lea set up her garden on the NN side of Harry's apartment and protected him from tons of threats. Since Mab was required to fill in for Lea's godmother obligations for years, she almost certainly would have been familiar with it.

And Fae can get through thresholds if they mean no harm (and I don't think Harry's wards would have stopped a direct NN entrance from Lea's garden).
There wouldn't have been a threshold from the never never, would there?  And in any case Mab was pulling Harry's strings from the beginning, wasn't she?  Up to and including Rashid's knowledge of Black Magic in Chicago, possibly.  Plus.

“That’s the part I can’t figure,” I said. “I think someone set Molly up to be a beacon for the fetches. And I’m damned sure that it was no accident that those fetches took Molly to Arctis Tor when it was so lightly defended. Someone wanted me there at Arctis Tor.”
And Harry was the only person Mab could control, who could toss the Hellfire, which would force her troops from the borders thus giving Summer a chance to intervene for the Wizards.  And showed Harry his first look at Nemesis through it's possession of Lea. ;)