Author Topic: Was Nemesis in Storm Front?  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Was Nemesis in Storm Front?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 02:45:04 PM »
I'm not sure who exactly, but Lily, Harry himself and Rashid have listed Victor sells as one of the oddities happening lately.
I think that groinkick is correct. Upstart sorcerer who had access to more power and training than he should have, it's either Nemesis's work directly, or one of the circle. Which is more of the same.

Considering the WOJ about the first N-fected host appearing in GP, I'd lean heavily toward the second interpretation, that Sells, Denton and Kravos were pawns of a background player who's the true N-fected host. A skilled warlock or vampire with even moderate mental influence capabilities wouldn't find it particularly hard to warp a couple of self-taught small time practitioners and a vanilla into cat's paws.

Was it Lea who connected Sells, the FBI agents and riling up the ghosts(?) as sharing an origin?

If you meant that in the sense of was Lea the master who manipulated all three, I don't think it likely she was secretly infected way before receiving the athame.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »
I meant in the sense of making the connection for Harry.  But apparently I was thinking of Lily, as folks mentioned.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
What I argue is that Nemesis, or more of it, was (or was meant to have been more fully) inserted into the world via the attack on Demonreach.  There may have been similar attacks at other times on Demonreach. One of these times the Gatekeeper may have participated in and in that event more of, or Nemesis crept into our reality.  And, Demonreach holds a grudge that a mistake Gatekeeper made, allowed it.

So I'm saying that Nemesis spread is similar or comes from same energy as the attack projected on Demonreach that allows the dissonance.  The Nemesis spread on Earth is analogous to the dissonance spread on Demonreach.  It is as if somewhere in reality, Demonreach may have fell.

If the Knights or more specifically HWWB servers the Lord of Slowest Terror, Nemesis may be some sort of projection of his body into our world.

I think you might be on to something, but I doubt that Nemesis acts independently..   I think it requires a vector to spread it, as in the case of Lea and the Knife, the Knife being the vector.   Once infected, the host suffers a mental breakdown for lack of a better name for it, which plays into the hands of the Enemy.  Some of us have gotten into the habit of blaming any evil or odd behavior on Nemesis, but I think it is more complicated than that.   I think there are players on the same team that comprise the "Enemy," Outsiders, Denarians, the Red and Black Courts, Nemesis is more or less a tool of the Enemy..   The White Court isn't so easy to figure out, some aspects of it seem to play for the team, it is possible that the Hunger Demon itself is part of the Enemy, but with varying degrees of success..  I think it depends on the family, Thomas must feed, but perhaps because of his mother and brother doesn't act like someone Nemesis infected.  Lara on the other hand is harder to figure out, she works strictly for self interest and plays both sides I think.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 03:51:32 PM »
I think you might be on to something, but I doubt that Nemesis acts independently..   I think it requires a vector to spread it, as in the case of Lea and the Knife, the Knife being the vector.

Thanks, many of us believed per WOJ's about the Gatekeeper, Demonreach's grudge against Gatekeeper, that Gatekeeper may have erred in letting something through.  Many of us believed it was related in some way to Nemesis.  I just related it to the power used against Demonreach.  It was used that way across time and space so there are multiple times that it could have leaked into our reality to begin the unravelling of Demonreach.

Nemesis may be some entity or some sentient spell of undoing and it was related again to powers that were thrown against Demonreach.  It means that Gatebreaker (HWWBefore) was trying to assist in letting in some way Nemesis a greater ability to affect this world.  As to the unravelling I talked about before, I'm wondering about Mother Winter's unravelling she created in Summer Knight and a comparison of it compared to a possible Nemesis sentient spell of undoing.  Though I think the Nemesis spell may be something like spells mission is to undo this universe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:56:34 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »
I disagree.  While Nic is inherently untrustworthy, he did not seem to be thrilled about the idea of one of the Denarians working with Outsiders.  Plus what Jim said about Lucifer not wanting the universe destroyed (though Nic is not necessarily on board with that idea) makes me think that generally the Denarians would not be thrilled with the Outsider agenda.

There are enemies, of which Outsiders, the Denarians, Vampire Courts, are included, but lumping them together as The Enemy is a bit of a reach to me.

Though with the Denarian traitor, Papa Raith having some sort of contact with Outsiders, there's always the possibility for individuals to be on Team Outside.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »
Who are you talking to Peregrine.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »
Mira

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »
My opinion is Nemesis IS the corruption.  It sounds much like Hastur from Lovecraft

"Hastur (The Unspeakable One, Him Who Is Not to be Named, Assatur, Xastur, H'aaztre, or Kaiwan) is an entity of the Cthulhu Mythos. "

Hastur's main weapon is to instill insanity in it's victims minds.  The people often create a symbol that they show to other people, and supposedly anyone who sees the symbol is capable of being influenced by Hastur.
I always pegged Hastur for an Odin type, being a Wind deity, having power instilled in a rune, ect.

I do agree that it's not all powerful.  It may be similar to being connected to a Coin.  Most people seem to succumb, but if the will is there they can refuse it.
Exactly why it's so unnoticed amongst Humans, We've always been free to ignore the devil on our shoulder. And why it's comes to a head in Warlocks, they are making choices and becoming more of what they are in doing so. Harder to push against something that starts to be part of whom you are on an active creation level.... Think about it this way(cause I do lol) the Devil is free to whisper to us all he wants(or he used to be before being trapped) and as the Adversary, something given an active position in Bibliography, Nemesis's role is to do the same now?
*this ties heavily into the idea of the personal vs united shadow, the references to the devil within us, not our dark side, but the united aspect that that represents the interchangeable darkness. If Nemesis is humanities shadow until we trade into one specifically, Like Harry did with Lasciel. Lasciel broke the rules in CH because she was not supposed to act outside the coin, even though she already had Harry mirroring her from before. The proper person whose supposed to be whispering at us is Nemesis. The Denarian's procreate darkness and apocalyptic aura's thereby distilling it from building up while simultaneously eating up the soul of the host and creating a mirror, ergo stopping N and her cohorts from doing either, and remanifesting through the Denarians, or anyone else since the denarians are already holding the inside reality mirror for those aspects that they are relative to. The Denarians are part of our immune system.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:40:50 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 06:11:31 PM »
I always pegged Hastur for an Odin type, being a Wind deity, having power instilled in a rune, ect.

The entire series has been building around Outsiders being the enemy, and now you got Mother Winter, Odin, and Rashid as Outsider gods...  Anyone else you peg as an Outsider?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »
The entire series has been building around Outsiders being the enemy, and now you got Mother Winter, Odin, and Rashid as Outsider gods...  Anyone else you peg as an Outsider?
Look again at Mab and what her Fortess actually is, It's a giant's home, a Jotun? MW is certainly an ice giantess... The whole story is predicated on the idea Outsiders finding a place inside. The Jotun Odin fought in his era became the source of power for the winter court, ergo denying them the ability to mirror those things in the darkness. That's the whole point of the fairy courts balance.
Hell the whole point of the DF is giving them masks in reality that are copacetic with existence.
Look at the stars on Lady Nights neck in CH, vs the 5 points of creation, the five times of DR, each syncing to a different source of creation or the five current in the Fae pantheon, Mab, Titania, EK, Kringle, and.... Nemesis.(more akin to Ursula here, the Queen version)
and go back, way back to the beginning, to when any of these things die. They all enter the same individual shadows, the same... imprint on the universe. Those five imprints are those 3 who walk before, he who walks behind and Nemesis.(the Mother version) It's why they are described similar to necromantic creatures being 'deep', they are echo's on creation that don't really wanna let it go.
They get to be so, because they tend to die per their descriptive name, others probably don't have the same description even if they come from the same archetype. Those who walk before the end, and he who walks after, Death. (hhwbh as death has many connections...) and the Judge who decides the Fate. The Horsemen once they have a viable host to be their beast of burden.... anytime those specific consciousness(or whatever, collective spiritual identity) manifest it's in tune with that description causing, by their own nature, The End. (hence why Nic specifically was calling apocalyptic powers of Disease, a previous horsemen he does not want an identity/aspects to come back to, so he spreads it out and then takes the smut with Anduriel.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »
Though with the Denarian traitor, Papa Raith having some sort of contact with Outsiders, there's always the possibility for individuals to be on Team Outside.

I always thought Papa Raith was possessed by an Outsider, and that is why he cannot be touched by magic seemingly except for the death curse placed on him by Maggie..   However come to think of it, she may not have placed it on him but on his Hunger demon.  He is still possessed by the Outsider which makes appear young etc, but his Hunger cannot get any nourishment no matter how much he feeds, which makes him weak.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »
I always thought Papa Raith was possessed by an Outsider, and that is why he cannot be touched by magic seemingly except for the death curse placed on him by Maggie..   However come to think of it, she may not have placed it on him but on his Hunger demon.  He is still possessed by the Outsider which makes appear young etc, but his Hunger cannot get any nourishment no matter how much he feeds, which makes him weak.

Jim may have thrown out some misinformation but didn't he say recently that the 3 witches got him the magical protection? (probably by summoning HHWB)
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2018, 08:30:56 PM »
Jim may have thrown out some misinformation but didn't he say recently that the 3 witches got him the magical protection? (probably by summoning HHWB)

I never heard that, but I am not up on all WOJs..  It is my own theory based on what Harry felt when he tried to kill him in Blood Rite.   Do you have the WOJ?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »

I never heard that, but I am not up on all WOJs..  It is my own theory based on what Harry felt when he tried to kill him in Blood Rite.   Do you have the WOJ?

I didn't even hear the comment.  Someone else mentioned it in one of the 3 video's i linked recently.  Maybe someone else who heard it can show you.  I personally feel pretty let down if that is in fact how he got magical protection.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »

He was protected long before blood rites. Which is why a wizard of Margaret's calibre went for a crippling blow with her death curse instead of a death blow.
The possessed by an outsider bit has merit though.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير