Author Topic: Fist full of Warlocks spoilers Possible clue about Cowl?  (Read 13566 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Fist full of Warlocks spoilers Possible clue about Cowl?
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Yeah, no.  Jim saying he is writing Murphy's funeral is WOJ.  Us wondering what 'funeral' means is WAG.  I was also just looking for quotes on the internet trying to capture the essence of wedding is a funeral idea.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
Yeah, no.  Jim saying he is writing Murphy's funeral is WOJ.  Us wondering what 'funeral' means is WAG.  I was also just looking for quotes on the internet trying to capture the essence of wedding is a funeral idea.

He did later clarify that when he said that it was to mess with the fans, indicating that it was a joke.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2018, 09:52:34 PM »
Yes. Sure, but he could still be trying to hide something he actually was writing or had planned.  So it is a joke, but also a 'subconscious' hint of some sort at something to come.  That is how I'm going to take it.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »
Yes. Sure, but he could still be trying to hide something he actually was writing or had planned.  So it is a joke, but also a 'subconscious' hint of some sort at something to come.  That is how I'm going to take it.
I take it as he shouldn't have said it and backpaddled afters. I have reason to believe Murphy dies quite soon, though may not stay that way.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2018, 11:54:24 PM »
Maybe Murphy's funeral for her mother?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
There was a WOJ that "we would see her again." with him smiling.  It was in a video in reply to us seeing Mother Murphy.

I've had a theory that she will end up tied in with the Mothers at some point.  Though I also have the theory that Mrs. Spunklecrief is the abdicated Mother Summer.  The WOJ's on Mrs. S is that she finally retired, sold the apartments for a good deal, and basically got her ideal retirement in Florida.  It was something to that effect.  That sounds pretty summery to me.  That of course doesn't mean she was a Mother Summer, but it got me thinking about things.  I like to view her as keeping kind eye on the next Starborn she foresaw prior to her abdication.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:23:23 PM by raidem »

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
Maybe Murphy's funeral for her mother?

I assumed either this or a flashback to Papa Murphy's.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2018, 12:09:41 PM »
I assumed either this or a flashback to Papa Murphy's.
maybe Sister-Spice dies in the sort of Case that gets kicked over to SI?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 09:07:00 PM »

That would be one way to massively tear up Murphy. Her sister dies in an SI case that she is not able to look into in any official capacity. Plus all the unresolved anger/tension between the two of them.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »
That would be one way to massively tear up Murphy. Her sister dies in an SI case that she is not able to look into in any official capacity. Plus all the unresolved anger/tension between the two of them.
All that unresolved BS, piled on top of the likely interactions with her ex-husband/Ex-Brother-in-Law who would apparently defaults to By-the-book jerk as often as not, and who would likely react in a more volatile than average manner if Murphy, who by many public indications has quit the police for to go work for a Mobster, tries to stick her nose in an investigation as personally important to him as that. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »

Maybe, but to pull a technicality, her last name likely wouldn't be "Murphy" anymore (yes, I know it's the 21st century, but I doubt Murphy's sister wouldn't love the opportunity to tweak Karrin's nose with the name change).

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2018, 12:18:18 AM »
All that unresolved BS, piled on top of the likely interactions with her ex-husband/Ex-Brother-in-Law who would apparently defaults to By-the-book jerk as often as not, and who would likely react in a more volatile than average manner if Murphy, who by many public indications has quit the police for to go work for a Mobster, tries to stick her nose in an investigation as personally important to him as that.

It's about time Harry showed some non-clued cop figures what's actually going on by way of convincing them to at least stop getting in the way if they aren't going to help. Having to stop Rick from bungling a case related to Murphy's family would be a pretty good reason for a non-violent but also undeniable demonstration. Maybe lock him in ice from the shoulders down until Karrin can tell him what's actually what.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2018, 01:24:34 AM »
Sounds like you are giving Butcher ideas on how to be evil.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
Maybe, but to pull a technicality, her last name likely wouldn't be "Murphy" anymore (yes, I know it's the 21st century, but I doubt Murphy's sister wouldn't love the opportunity to tweak Karrin's nose with the name change).
Eh, it could go either way but I dont think it would be about tweaking Karin on it; rather I think her mom's opinion would play a bigger role in it.  On the one hand it's traditional and big Catholic families tend to be traditional. On the other hand, this is a guy that has tried twice now to marry into this particular Law Enforcement family so he might entirely understand it if the Murphy's just prefer to keep their Name (given the talk about careers getting int he way, I suspect Officer/Sgt./Lt. Murphy did not want her career to have to deal with the multiple name-changes. 

Sounds like you are giving Butcher ideas on how to be evil.
I very much doubt he needs help from me :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/