Author Topic: Zoo Day spoilers  (Read 21576 times)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Zoo Day spoilers
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2018, 07:20:17 AM »
What is the future they foresee for Maggie?  Because they seemed to want her dead because of what she will become, not out of revenge or some other motive to get at Harry..   

I didn't get that impression myself. To me it felt like My Shadow wanted her alive.

Which is quite possible far worse.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »
I didn't get that impression myself. To me it felt like My Shadow wanted her alive.

Which is quite possible far worse.
Being as I've failed to even get out of the house let alone acquire BC I must ask, Does she mean "My Shadow" like it's her personal thing or is this an entity already manifest elsewhere?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
Being as I've failed to even get out of the house let alone acquire BC I must ask, Does she mean "My Shadow" like it's her personal thing or is this an entity already manifest elsewhere?
"My Shadow" is not part of Maggie's narraation. It is
(click to show/hide)
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »

(click to show/hide)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2018, 06:29:23 PM »
It seemed "My Shadow" was content with the ending and losing to Mouse.  Mouse told him something to the effect of there might be help for us/him yet.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 03:29:43 AM »
Here's a thought;

Mouse has more or less said he chose Harry.  He "won" him, rather than vice versa.  Which implies that he made that decision from the start.

What does that mean for the ones who were stolen?  Did they also choose their "captors?"  Or was it easier for Mouse to just stick around with Harry than it was for the others to escape?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 05:26:00 AM »
Here's a thought;

Mouse has more or less said he chose Harry.  He "won" him, rather than vice versa.  Which implies that he made that decision from the start.

What does that mean for the ones who were stolen?  Did they also choose their "captors?"  Or was it easier for Mouse to just stick around with Harry than it was for the others to escape?
I didn't read it yet, but I believe he made the choice when he left the box of pups that was to be delivered to brother Wang. It would mean he chose to stay with Harry, who was reluctant to keep him and trying to send him back/give him to someone else at first.
Edit: Wong. Brother Wong..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:29:47 AM by Fcrate »
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »
Maybe Mouse used Puppy breath to arrange events to win Harry, aka Harry get Mouse.

I do like the thought also that maybe the other dogs might have 'chosen' or used some of their 'breath' to get chosen by their captors, maybe even so as to arrange freedom for their other litter mates.  So the two people stole the puppies, and then the puppies started working against their captors with their breath. The two largest used their breath to get more singled out so as to create a longer diversion for the other pups to work toward their escape.  This allows Harry, perhaps assisted behind the scenes by a parent Foo Dog or even the pup collective, to come in and work toward the pups freedom.  Mouse used his moment to get Harry.  Maybe the other dogs will do the same at other points in time.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:02:14 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2018, 01:55:42 AM »
now I understand what Jim butcher meant when he said that mouse knew more the anyone else about what was going on. also harry need a new apprentice I think it would be cool if Austin was the apprentice it would give Maggie some one to have her first crush on and make harry a grumpy old wizard.

You want the boy to be apprentice to former suspected warlock, political foe to the current Merlin, Warden of Demonreach and current holder of the winter knight?

Are you sure you are not trying to harm the boy?
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2018, 03:58:06 AM »
You want the boy to be apprentice to former suspected warlock, political foe to the current Merlin, Warden of Demonreach and current holder of the winter knight?

Are you sure you are not trying to harm the boy?

Sometimes the best person for teaching what is right is the person who has walked on the dark side.  Harry may be a suspected warlock, but he isn't one.  It's difficult for a troubled person to relate to a goody two shoes.  That being said I think Harry would be a better friend to the kid while seeing if someone like Lucio could teach him about magic, and how to use it.  Harry does have a full plate.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:36:17 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 05:53:44 AM »
Also Harry's previous students haven't exactly done so well.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
Also Harry's previous students haven't exactly done so well.
Molly did perfect. She could have been a raving warlock messing with peoples brains left and right and now she fullfills a necessary role in the protection of this reality against the outsiders. She is a useful member of this reality.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »
Molly did perfect. She could have been a raving warlock messing with peoples brains left and right and now she fullfills a necessary role in the protection of this reality against the outsiders. She is a useful member of this reality.

She's been enslaved by the Queen of Evil Faeries and is slowly being Mindraped into a psychotic clone of her bitchy daughter.

Sounds like a raw deal to me.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2018, 08:59:42 PM »
She's been enslaved by the Queen of Evil Faeries and is slowly being Mindraped into a psychotic clone of her bitchy daughter.

Sounds like a raw deal to me.
She is not enslaved, she has a purpose. It is not all roses and happyness I agree but it is an important purpose, worth doing. And she does not have to change in a clone of Maeve either because Maeve was an anomaly, she did not even do her job.

Yes it is difficult for her but she is not a failure, she is not useless, she is not a danger for everyone else. What she does is important. She will adapt.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 12:18:50 AM »
I still think it's possible that Mavra was behind the pupnappings.  She was in town and had darkhounds with her.  I like to think that she would enthrall them and build a new Blamp wizard corps, each with their own dark temple dog.

But with it confirmed that two were taken, rather than more, it does seem likely that they're with Cowl and Kumori.

Minor note: I think there was a minor editing mistake.  I think Maggie at one point said Harry was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans and didn't have his duster, but Mouse later observed her tugging on his coat sleeve.  I don't have the book handy and I only read it once, so I may be wrong

Mouse's section was such an amazing intersection of hilarious and adorable and so fundamentally Dog that it had me on the verge of tears.
It reminded me of Rowl's scenes in The Aeronaut's Windlass.  Which was my favorite part.