Author Topic: If Rashid is the Gatekeeper.....  (Read 3410 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
If Rashid is the Gatekeeper.....
« on: August 30, 2018, 03:13:06 AM »
Who is the Keymaster?  lol...  I dunno but does anyone think that Jim got the name idea from Ghostbusters?  If so would there be a Keymaster?  Oh yeah, Dresden lol.   Without the lovemaking of course!
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: If Rashid is the Gatekeeper.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 11:18:58 PM »
Who is the Keymaster?  lol...  I dunno but does anyone think that Jim got the name idea from Ghostbusters?  If so would there be a Keymaster?  Oh yeah, Dresden lol.   Without the lovemaking of course!
Lea is the Keymaster?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline zetadog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:11 AM »
"one time I turned into a dog and they helped me" - Louis, the Ghostbusters.

Lea is good at turning people into dogs.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 01:50:25 PM »
Who does your taxes?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »
Just a guess but if there was a "keymaster", I think it would be Mab, Mother Winter, Titania, or Mother Summer.  It would be like needing to turn two keys to launch nukes.  Preventing any one person from being able to act, but when the two agree then they can do it. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 02:28:55 AM »
The classic Keymaster/Gatekeeper dynamic is a sexual reference, with the female being the keeper of the gate (the womb) and the male the holder of the key (use your imagination).

Thus, unless Rashid is gay or a cross-dresser, I think 'Gatekeeper' is simply the Council's representative at the Outer Gates.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 03:45:08 AM »
The classic Keymaster/Gatekeeper dynamic is a sexual reference, with the female being the keeper of the gate (the womb) and the male the holder of the key (use your imagination).

Thus, unless Rashid is gay or a cross-dresser, I think 'Gatekeeper' is simply the Council's representative at the Outer Gates.

I agree that his name is probably more literal (watching the Outer Gates).  However as Jim said he loves to grab an idea and put a new coat of paint on it.  He could have taken the idea of Gatekeeper, and Keymaster and put a new spin on it.

Wizard Sibelis

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 04:08:21 AM »
Well, it would be the Warden yea? Look at it this way, keeper of keys is equal to gamekeeper, gamekeeper is equal to a Warden, the Warden has keys to let things out... but is it actually letting them IN at the same time? DR itself is outside of time and space after all, pocket dimension.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 04:49:51 AM »
Well, it would be the Warden yea? Look at it this way, keeper of keys is equal to gamekeeper, gamekeeper is equal to a Warden, the Warden has keys to let things out... but is it actually letting them IN at the same time? DR itself is outside of time and space after all, pocket dimension.

LoL that's funny...  Rashid is the Gatekeeper and Dresden is the Keymaster (Warden).

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »
Vinz Klorth...Harry Dresden, Keymaster of Gozer.