Author Topic: Could Mavra be under Eb's control?  (Read 25668 times)

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Could Mavra be under Eb's control?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 04:30:54 PM »
Perhaps his mother in law LoL

Oh, good grief. Dresden would LOVE that new relation.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »
Oh, good grief. Dresden would LOVE that new relation.

And that's why it would be so epic!
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »
WOJ was that Mavra is from the late 1400's or so, therefore predating Eb's birth by quite a bit. She might be one of the first few blamps turned by Dracula.

Do we know this for a fact?  Harry noticed that the fabric of her medieval outfit was cotton rather than wool, meaning it was of modern manufacture.  Maybe Mavra is old, but no so old as she pretends.  Mavra would pretend to be a few hundred years older than her actual age in order to make herself a more mysterious figure, enhance her reputation and make other magic users think twice about taking her on in a fight.  The Black Court's greatest strength before Stoker's book was lack of knowledge about them.  Mavra might have decided this was a good personal defence too.

However, that's just a WAG, and not a very serious one.  There's something really pathetic about Mavra sticking with medieval clothing; which in every painting, period movie or museum manikin I've seen in such outfits, doesn't look very comfortable.  Mostly it looks like it was designed to keep people warm, which isn't really a problem Mavra faces.  It's like she's trying to hold onto a tiny piece of who she once was.         
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 06:15:13 PM »
Perhaps she has relations to someone else like Mab.
I'm Wagging She's actually Morgana Le fay herself, just changed by an unfortunate incident with the Blamps. Because of how Blamps appear to be though, I think her transformation separated her from Nemesis proper,(whom is equated on some level to the Greek deity) though her past self still holds the same connections/mirroring's.... Think Nemesis is Mother level and Morgana was ousted from say, queen level.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 06:25:05 PM »
Do we know this for a fact? 
Yup, per WOJ: "I think she's about 600."
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »
Harry noticed that the fabric of her medieval outfit was cotton rather than wool, meaning it was of modern manufacture.     

I would be very surprised if her original clothing survived 600 years of Blamping. Most likely replacement clothing.

There's something really pathetic about Mavra sticking with medieval clothing; which in every painting, period movie or museum manikin I've seen in such outfits, doesn't look very comfortable.

I don't know about that. The Queens of the Faerie Courts maintain a much more Medieval fashion sense (Maeve being the exception), and I assume they could procure whatever form of dress they desire. Mab only went modern businesswoman in Skin Game to avoid attracting attention. Why deviate from what you know/like?

As for comfort, I can't speak for women's clothing, but the men's clothing I've worn at SCA events hasn't been uncomfortable.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 11:55:40 PM »
Comfort is a worry for those of us with working nerves and muscle tissue. I don't think Mavra much cares whether her outfit chafes.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline BlahBlah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 05:10:33 AM »
Yes, Mab is almost certainly under Eb's control.

And good job, discovering one of JB's clues.  Although, it's not the biggest one.
Quote from: Griffyn612
My guesses are not educated, thank you.  >:( 

They're Logic School drop-outs, just hanging out in the rough parts of the boards, looking for trouble.  They look tough, but run at the first sign of reasoning or intellectual thought 8)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 06:57:43 PM »
When Harry was badly burned Mavra made her escape....  We never really know what Eb was doing at the time.  Locking down her magic somehow...  Here is the thing.  Does anyone else find it odd that Blackstaff Mccoy, a very powerful wizard who was Captain of the Wardens, and who's living is to hunt down dangerous, and powerful things that would target the White Council would not have found her when she was making her leave from the scene? 

I'm wondering if at that time he did find her, and as the Blackstaff used Necromancy to control her.  At a later date Eb used her to get the Book of Kemmler, something that sounds like it would fall under the Blackstaff's duty to get a hold of.

What say you?

I have wondered if Eb was Black Council/Circle for some time.  Maggy Sr. Had to learn her rebelliousness from somewhere.  More circumstantial evidence in tjat direction.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 07:52:33 PM »
I have wondered if Eb was Black Council/Circle for some time.  Maggy Sr. Had to learn her rebelliousness from somewhere.  More circumstantial evidence in tjat direction.

I mean it's possible but I think Eb explained her rebelliousness by him pushing her too hard.  That's understandable, and happens a lot when parents push their children too much.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 10:33:26 PM »
I mean it's possible but I think Eb explained her rebelliousness by him pushing her too hard.  That's understandable, and happens a lot when parents push their children too much.

Or, Maggie Sr. Really is a chip off the old block.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 04:09:55 AM »
Or, Maggie Sr. Really is a chip off the old block.

LoL..  Really think Eb is dark side eh?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 02:25:11 PM »
Personally, I think Margaret found out about the Blackstaff position, and that's what soured her on the White Council.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »
Nah, that'd fit fine with her beliefs, as Luccio put them in Turncoat. Grey areas of magic, White Council directly acting, instead of reacting and being passive.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
I really don't get the assertion that Maggie "picked up" being a rebel from Ebenezer, especially since he's the person she was rebelling against. Children, when they rebel, don't rebel in a way that makes them aligned with exactly how the person they're rebelling against acts.

Plus? Again, no evidence that Ebenezer is darkside, or shared any of the traits that Maggie is said to have when she was rebelling against him.

The whole rebellion that we know about is based around Maggie and Ebenezer loudly and violently disagreeing on exactly the issues y'all are saying that Maggie and Ebenezer were supposedly on the same side of.

This whole line of thinking just plain makes no sense to me.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:37:27 PM by Mr. Death »
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast