Author Topic: Could Bob possess a corpse?  (Read 4226 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Could Bob possess a corpse?
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:49:49 AM »
What do you think?  Could he reanimate a body and use it to run around?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Re: Could Bob possess a corpse?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 04:27:11 AM »
If it was possible then Evil Bob would be the one to do it.  Also, I think that even if Bob had the notion to do it, Butters wouldn't let him, and the longer Bob remains with Butters the more of Waldo's personality will rub off on Bob.  So no, I don't see this scenario ever happening.   
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 05:17:14 AM »
He already did Susan the Dinosaur in Dead Beat. Harry commented that he took the T Rex's body when he could have done so with any of the zombies.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:33:41 AM »
He already did Susan the Dinosaur in Dead Beat. Harry commented that he took the T Rex's body when he could have done so with any of the zombies.

I think you mean Sue...  But technically she was zombie animated at the time by Harry's spell.   I think it possible, but it might break more laws of magic and nature than even Bob would be willing to break.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »
Since Evil Bob didnt do it, I suspect he can possess a Zombie but not personally animate them (which is more than just a spell, requires an active Drummer, etc).  He can possess animals and do Ride Alongs with humans, so he could possess the form, I just dont think he can give it the Animating Energy it would need for a fresh corpse, and/or call the Ectoplasm he'd need for Sue. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:08:23 PM »
We've seen both of them create bodies to use (and fight each other with) in the Never-never.  They're not incapable of making their own ectoplasmic forms; they either can't pull it across into the real world, or don't bother.

Assuming the former, I still think Bob would be more inclined to possess a false body rather than a corpse.  Given the latter, and he could use a skeleton as a frame for an ectoplasm-covered body.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »
We've seen both of them create bodies to use (and fight each other with) in the Never-never.  They're not incapable of making their own ectoplasmic forms; they either can't pull it across into the real world, or don't bother.

Assuming the former, I still think Bob would be more inclined to possess a false body rather than a corpse.  Given the latter, and he could use a skeleton as a frame for an ectoplasm-covered body.

except for sunlight
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
except for sunlight
Just superglue his Skull to the rest of a skeleton, and BAM! Instant SkeleBob.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 03:14:52 PM »
Just superglue his Skull to the rest of a skeleton, and BAM! Instant SkeleBob.

But could he animate a whole skeleton?  He cannot animate his skull, just his eyes flash..

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »
But could he animate a whole skeleton?  He cannot animate his skull, just his eyes flash..
I don't see why not. He jumps into a stone lion statue with little trouble.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 04:40:00 PM »
No, it's fully animated; there's often mention of how he manages to whistle without lips or over-act a yawn, even rotate himself on the shelf.  Plus he's telekinetically moved his books on stage at least once.  The eyelights are the main bit for actual expression but he's got some amount of mobility.  Though he cant move the skull itself without aid, so Im curious if thats a real limit or just a restraint placed on him since ownership of the skull is so significant to his whole Deal.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
except for sunlight
Don't we see Bender's ectoplasm-based creatures during the day in Turn Coat?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »
Yup, but those are Circle-Summoned creatures bound to him, summoned with his power, and quite possibly something more like a fae or demon than a pure spirit.  Bob, specifically, cant survive the Sunrise or daylight at all without and actual Sanctum; just possessing a vehicle body isnt protection enough (at least a cat or a gun, as specific examples)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 05:29:28 PM »

I'm referring to Bob's form being vulnerable.  Was your idea that he'd be protected within the skeleton?

You know this gives me an idea.  Even if Bob doesn't have the kind of power to sustain a form as described, Harry may be able to create a type of battery that would require recharging while Bob isn't running about. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:31:08 PM by groinkick »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 01:19:58 AM »
Yup, but those are Circle-Summoned creatures bound to him, summoned with his power, and quite possibly something more like a fae or demon than a pure spirit.  Bob, specifically, cant survive the Sunrise or daylight at all without and actual Sanctum; just possessing a vehicle body isnt protection enough (at least a cat or a gun, as specific examples)
I'm referring to Bob's form being vulnerable.  Was your idea that he'd be protected within the skeleton?

You know this gives me an idea.  Even if Bob doesn't have the kind of power to sustain a form as described, Harry may be able to create a type of battery that would require recharging while Bob isn't running about. 
Yeah.  He'd have a sanctum (the skull) enclosed in an ectoplasm shell.  He'd be mobilizing the skeleton inside the shell.  The body wouldn't be sensitive to sunlight, and would cover him.  Maybe there'd be a problem with his power empowering  the shell?  The only exposed part would be the eyes, which could be under sunglasses or a hat.