Author Topic: Supernatural Nations you'd like to see.  (Read 20171 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Nations you'd like to see.
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 06:35:41 AM »
There is the possibility that Thor no longer has his Mantle...  Perhaps the foreshadowing being shown here is that Charity will have it one day, and kicking ass along side her Sword wielding husband.  I guess Michael could get it but it seems more like Charity if Jim used foreshadowing.
Shan't we forget that Harry wielded a hammer in Proven Guilty as well.
The hammer struck the bolt that held the other ring of Rawlins’s cuffs. Sparks flew. The bolt, as rusted and ruined as the rest of the building, snapped.
That might as well translate as, "And lo, the mighty Tharry did wield the great Moldinjar in his fist, striking true with his righteous strength, to shatter the cursed metal binding his companion in twain, the air itself splitting as surely as the chains of captivity, as the sharp crack of thunder rolled through the sky, the reverberating echo of the lightning summoned by the great hero sounding like a clarion call to the halls of Valhalla, signaling the Valkyries to take flight, for the battle was joined, and the fallen would be theirs to claim.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 09:24:14 AM »
Ahahahahahaahaha.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
There is the possibility that Thor no longer has his Mantle...  Perhaps the foreshadowing being shown here is that Charity will have it one day, and kicking ass along side her Sword wielding husband.  I guess Michael could get it but it seems more like Charity if Jim used foreshadowing.
Dude, you know who Mike the Mechanic could be don't you? Whom the Mechanic(whom I wanna say was Mike) was in Adventures of Babysitting...? I've long thought that his fate, especially since we have the... idk their names, the things Etri was, as the dwarvish smiths.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »
Shan't we forget that Harry wielded a hammer in Proven Guilty as well.

But his cup is full if you trust Jim's words.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2018, 06:37:11 PM »
But his cup is full if you trust Jim's words.
Unless he's already Thor, and it's part of his full cup.   :o

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2018, 06:42:01 PM »
He's more the Loki to Marcones Thor... although mayhaps he's Baldor instead :o unless that's Thomas?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2018, 06:48:20 PM »

Hasn't shown anything that makes me think of Thor...  Perhaps Thor's powers become activated when wielding his Hammer?  If so this could mean Malcolm was Odin?  Hmmm  RAIDEM!
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2018, 07:55:18 PM »
Hasn't shown anything that makes me think of Thor...  Perhaps Thor's powers become activated when wielding his Hammer?  If so this could mean Malcolm was Odin?  Hmmm  RAIDEM!
He used a hammer, and there were sparks.

He's more the Loki to Marcones Thor... although mayhaps he's Baldor instead :o unless that's Thomas?
Given that one interpretation of Baldr's etymology is "the white, the good", Thomas seems apt.  :P

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2018, 08:05:15 PM »
He used a hammer, and there were sparks.
Given that one interpretation of Baldr's etymology is "the white, the good", Thomas seems apt.  :P

lol... You're just trolling us aren't you?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2018, 08:17:25 PM »
lol... You're just trolling us aren't you?
Who, me?

I lean more towards the main cast having Arthurian parallels rather than being reincarnations or pre-destined mantle-bearers.

But Butters making a joke about a lightsaber was foreshadowing, so I'm not ruling anything out these days.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2018, 02:34:05 AM »
Thus Baldr had to remain in the underworld, not to emerge until after Ragnarök, when he and his brother Höðr would be reconciled and rule the new earth together with Thor's sons.
Mmm...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2018, 04:25:12 AM »
Who, me?

I lean more towards the main cast having Arthurian parallels rather than being reincarnations or pre-destined mantle-bearers.

But Butters making a joke about a lightsaber was foreshadowing, so I'm not ruling anything out these days.

I wasn't suggesting they were pre-destined.  The *hints* would just be Jim playing around with us like Butters and the light saber.  It wasn't predestined in story (I don't think), just a little thing Jim dropped in there.

I do agree with the Arthurian parallels idea though...  To me it feels like Harry Dresden is walking a similar path to Merlin.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:26:43 AM by groinkick »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »
feels like Harry Dresden is walking a similar path to Merlin
Path being the operative word here.(one I think rai can appreciate)But it's folly to limit it to simply Arthurian mythos or Merlin in said mythos. That's part and parcel why the Hades parallel scene was put in, to show a wider and wider scope of connections. GK and his appearance vs his domain being across the surface of the moon and other associations as a likely Horus put's Egyptian mythos firmly on the map too... how many is this now... Arthur, Christian, Egyptian, Greek/roman(I'd categorically have them the same).... and Norse? ^.- Mmm that's five directly connected mythos, until we see a sixth perhaps the five timelines entwined works quite well?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2018, 11:17:25 PM »
In storm front, Harry ended up using lightning from the storm. So there is something rather Odin, Thor like with Harry, but I don't think he is Thor. I still like the idea that Harry descends from some multiversal amber like family particularly on his father's side.  I like that Harry's ancestry goes back to some corwin character that created a multiverse in line with amber.  This same royal family could take up other mantles, so they could appear as other gods, cultural, mythological figures.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »
well this whole thor and odin talk is good but thanks to my last vacation. we kinda not know all things as there is people thinking zeus was fertility god instead of the storm god thus with idocity of the current world all i can say may be Ragnarok was a poker turnament that harry gonna attend as bodyguard of some out of blue person. as what faction i like to see in the remaining books my main pic goes to either vodoo pantheon( not that small loa of knowledge but more lake baron samedi himself) or poynesian pantheon. As story hook to intruduce them how about going out of chicago for a full book where harry works with new temporary cast of people