Author Topic: Call for help  (Read 6393 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Call for help
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:10:08 AM »
Was wondering if anyone here would like to help me delve deeper into my theories by pointing out things that need structured, questions that come up or other organization. Would need the ability to suspend disbelief in idea's not your own, ability to organize large bodies of information and abstract conceptualization.(so you can understand me lmao) Plan is for irregular intervals of work until I can get some steam going again... I lost a year of my time to video games when I finally bought a ps4(they announced a 5th the next day, go figure...) and am need of help getting on point again..
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Call for help
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »
Jonas,

Just post your theories.  They'll be picked apart, as is the norm.

Happy theorizing.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »
Jonas,

Happy theorizing.

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:32:29 PM »
Jonas,

Happy theorizing.
lmao, i'm sure, but that might not give me what I needs anymore... back in the day, a long, long time ago in a forum far, far away, we had more.... active minds for discussion. I mean, we have the same minds, but like mine some here are hibernating currently lol and others here have lost their way. Some of my favorite people to bounce idea's off of now take the "i'm tired of fan crack theory" path and don't show up at all, which is ironic as fu*& since they are generally the originators of said crack theory being a thing.
(wanna get real technical it's the same RL effect I've been studying in conjunction with the idea of Nemesis. That of Force Majore: Decay. Characterized by a build up of a constructed formation, even if just a thought form, into a set pattern that resonates in a way that begins to slough off idea's that are counter intuitive to it's current formation. Where-in, the pattern becomes stuck, stagnant and eventually breaks down when lacking the ability to diversify and adapt. But always is there that cancerous build up before the end transforming it into something it wasn't supposed to be... This pattern btw, can be applied everywhere, but an easy example would of course be Rome)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 12:19:56 AM »
You want to create a Raidem/Jonas thread;  I'll pitch in. Or just convert this thread into it.  If you want we can do a gmail shared document.  That said, I'm kinda not really into going too much more into theorizing until we get another book under our belt.  I've done enough theorizing.  I need an actual experiment which is Jim releasing a book.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 07:51:36 PM »
Ah..haha, no, Grevane does not work with corpsetaker lol.
An idk if you can say you've done enough theorizing, you've certainly plumbed the depths of your current perspective theories, but that's a narrow width compared to the broad range of views. That's why I read and try to justify, or negate theories here.(to myself mostly) Cause they should either open my own perspective larger, ergo creating a larger pool from which to theorize, or show me what's not there to springboard from.
Your own crazy Murphy=Mab theory made me realize a couple things for instance, one which was more or less confirmed by a fellow urban fantasy author/nerdgasm by.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »
I think many of us have hit the wall of ennui. I know I have. Apologies.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »
I have too...  But damn it I will keep fighting to try to bring up something random to talk about.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 11:28:41 PM »
Well in that spirit, lets try starborn. So starborn happen at 'conjunctions' in space time right?
We have Mab reference Time as Him concluding a chronos connection and Lea confirms that the "echo's of creation still reverberate in the memory of the universe.
 Combine the two and the idea that stars themselves are conjunctions in spacetime, defined by the big bang/breaking of Chronos, both proven events per above^, become much more palatable yes?
throw in the odd greek connection to eight visible 'celestial bodies' visible from earth and we have our general line up of usual suspects to be reborn with influence inside our own 'star'/existence.
and that easily sets up outsiders as the shadows between the stars, as the voids of existence, the things that used to be there. Anyone else see it> any reason I should modify it with something?(which will of course draw out other things I can think of that support this in ways)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 01:25:44 AM »
I'm tired.  Is the next book out yet.

Sry Jonas.  It's just my level of enthusiasm is at rock bottom.  I'm back to playing wow now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 01:28:26 AM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 03:37:47 AM »
Yea you can probably keep that to yourself guy, instead of intentionally dumping some negativity here.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 04:47:06 PM »
Starborn theory:

One of the prerequisites of being a starborn is that the individual has to be born in every existing splinterverse.  They might die at different times, but at their beginning, they carry the potential to influence every version of reality.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 05:05:14 PM »
Starborn theory:

One of the prerequisites of being a starborn is that the individual has to be born in every existing splinterverse.  They might die at different times, but at their beginning, they carry the potential to influence every version of reality.

Like Demonreach they must be conceived in 5 different time periods at the same time

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »
Starborn theory:

I'd agree with the result but i'm not sure about the method of getting there?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
I still like the starborn being related to an Amber like family, or close descendant of one.  This allows the descendant prime powers over the universe due to a special bloodline that was involved in the multiverse creation.  If the starborn in part tracks this way, I'd suggest that Malcolm dresden was a necessary ingredient in creating a starborn. 

Additionally, I favor Mac as being a privileged ancestor on this  bloodline.  So I'm asserting that Harry descends from Mac.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:04:53 PM by raidem »