Author Topic: Faerie Queens Full(?) List  (Read 5585 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Faerie Queens Full(?) List
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »
The previous Mother Summer (by implication) wasn't killed, she abdicated ...

1. the mothers - how does a queen become a mother? like after a thousand yrs, old winter dies and mab becomes the new mother?

Essentially abdication.  The previous mother wearies of her duty and moves along.  There's been one new Mother Summer during recorded human history.  Mother Winter has never retired.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 06:15:12 PM »
Yep.  One of my wags have Mrs spunklecrief as the retired mother summer.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 07:02:14 PM »
THAT would be AWESOME!!
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:58 PM »
From what I gathered there were six souls that took the Queen mantles to include Mother Winter.  So, I do believe even she was mortal once.
That's gather from what exactly? Everything we have on MW implies she was never human.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 09:29:30 PM »
The previous Mother Summer (by implication) wasn't killed, she abdicated ...
Right.  The theory isnt that the previous Mother Summer was killed, it's that she abdicated right around the same time (or because of the same event) as something that killed the previous Summer Queen, such that the Current Mother Winter jumped straight from Lady to Mother and never held the Queen position in any practical sense. 

I honestly dont entirely understand the forces that drove people to go for this particular theory, other than trying to untangle the genetics of the Court's royal family, since Mab and Titania are genetic twins.  There's been at least two generations between Titania and the original Mother Summer, so there'd presumably be at least one unaccounted for Winter Queen (ie the current Mother Summer's contemporary).  And the other WOJ about their family (below) says that there was a time where " the Winter Queens died" just before Mab took the throne, but the context of the WOJ makes it seem like he meant to say both Queens as in the Summer Queen and Winter Queen, as opposed to the plural "Winter Queens" meaning the Queen and the Lady of Winter (which would mean that Mab went straight from non-mantled/non-royalty directly to Winter Queen without having first served as Winter Lady).
2015 DragonCon
I was wondering if Mab was the first Winter Queen?
No.  Mab was not the first Mab.  Mab was originally Winter Lady, and Lea was her Jenny Greenteeth.  She was her sidekick and handmaiden.  And so when Mab got promoted Lea did too.  So she got to be much more powerful and awesome.  But that was a while back.  When that happened.  And the same thing with Titania.  The Winter Queens actually died.  The last time things got awful in the wizard world.  So things are about to get awful in the wizard world again and they're a bit nervous.  They're a bit nervous about Dresden.  Well, Titania is very nervous about Dresden.  Mab is keeping her enemies close.)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »
Hey Q,

That quote, to me, doesn't speak to the Mothers, or the change for Mother summer at all.  It suggests that Mab (current) and Titania (current) became the Queens that are at the same time, or close to it.

Though, with the way we tend to over think things, I can see someone making a connection.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 07:59:25 PM »
Yea, I feel its an over assumption to say that means anything befell the Mothers themselves in that quote.
I'm of the mind though, When MS originally abdicated it was Father Summer/Dagda archetype that changed literally when TWC/G came down in mortal form. There's a woj that the lesser mantles will begin to change the higher up mantles in the court, but if the higher ups change the lesser are directly effected. Hecate and TWG played musical chairs about 2k years ago methinks, and we got the female courts from that change.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:42 AM »
Hey Q,

That quote, to me, doesn't speak to the Mothers, or the change for Mother summer at all.  It suggests that Mab (current) and Titania (current) became the Queens that are at the same time, or close to it.
That is all I was saying.  As far as I recall I have never seen a version of the theory that involved the Mother's Dying until you mentioned it here, and I generally take the other WOJ to mean it would be nearly impossible to pull off anyway.  All I am pointing to is that there is an apparent generational gap in there, because there have to have been more Queens (as in the middle mantle, specifically) than we have accounted for.  The Currnent Mother Summer is at least one generation younger than the Current/Original Mother Winter.  Which means that the current Mother Summer (we'll call her Betty, for Betty White casting), was once (within the lifetime of the current court framework)the Summer Queen while Mother Winter (Lets just call her Grouchy) was in office with the original Mother Summer, and with a Winter Queen serving under her, ie. Betty's queenly counterpart.  That counter part is not Mab.  Also, there needs to have been another Summer Queen to serve between Betty and Titania, to have died back around Hastings.  So the pattern would imply there were more queens/generations in there, and with the exceptions in Harry;s lifetime, all the ones we knwo of have been actual blood relatives, so the family tree is either severely warped or there are more changes of mantles than we have accounted for so far.  That was my only point. 

I should have pointed out that the theory generally assumes that the generations and courts track each other, that circumstance if not any actual force of Balance has played out such that the Queens (and to a lesser extent ladies) are contemporaries of each other.  If Winter had just one extra instance of Queenly turnover than Summer, to counter the shift that happened when the original Mother Summer retired, it all fits fine. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »
DRINK!!

LOL