0 (0%)
Goodman Grey
1 (4.8%)
William Borden
0 (0%)
Gard
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Grey Council Members Poll Yet Again, Supernaturals Only  (Read 4859 times)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Grey Council Members Poll Yet Again, Supernaturals Only
« on: February 01, 2018, 02:21:34 AM »
Once again, let's talk Grey Council Members.  Who do you think is on it, likely to be on it, or might be on it?  So far the confirmed members are Harry, Eb, and Odin.  Jim has said that we've met 6 others who are as yet not confirmed.  This poll is solely for the Supernatural creatures, fae, shape shifters, demon possessed folks, etc...

I will probably be missing several strong candidates, so feel free to chime in with other options. 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Council Members Poll Yet Again, Supernaturals Only
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 03:35:28 AM »
Just for the sake of organizing my thoughts...

Twelve plus Harry. 
 (Confirmed Members) Odin, Eb
 (Likely Met Mortals) Carlos, Martha, L2W (sick?), Langtry
 (Likely Non-Mortals) Eldest Gruff

(Possible Unmet Mortals) Klaus
 (Possible Unmet Non-Mortals) Circe, Medea, Väinämöinen, Marduk, Ningirama, Sun Wukong (Monkey King), Malinalxochitl, Potii-ta-rire, Trivia

(Unlikely Mortals)
   - Ivy (not neutral, unless the attack was Accord-sanctioned and she acted as enforcer)
   - Rashid (he seems to stay out of things, except when he doesn't; might not commit to a group that could draw his time away from the Gates?)

(Unlikely Non-Mortals)
   - Mab (without her Queen mantle, if she can set it aside and had previous power as Morgan Le Fay or someone)
   - Titania (as Morgause)
   - Mother Winter/Summer (without power, as a baseline Baba Yaga witch, although this seems highly unlikely)

I think my dream cast would be Vadderung, Eb, Martha, Gruff, Klaus, Langtry, Mab-as-Morgan, Titania-as-Morgause, Sun Wukong, Trivia, Malinalxochitl, and Ningirama.  It seems unlikely, though, given that Eb was the one to put the team together rather than Vadderung.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:12 AM »
I see Gard and Eldest Gruff as most possible. With Eldest Gruff being the stronger of the two. He is Lea's counterpart.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »
Leas
I see Gard and Eldest Gruff as most possible. With Eldest Gruff being the stronger of the two. He is Lea's counterpart.
Why would Lea's counterpart need to be on the grey council? She isnt.

I see Erlking as far more likely than Gruff by personality and Loyalties, but I dont know that Erlking known magic and all the Grey appear to be staff-wielding magic-users, even Vadderung. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »
LeasWhy would Lea's counterpart need to be on the grey council? She isnt.
Or maybe she is?  After all, she was aware of the Grey Council plan, and played an integral role in it.

I guess it depends on if the Grey Council is supposed to be truly wizards only.  There might be more than the twelve.

I see Erlking as far more likely than Gruff by personality and Loyalties, but I dont know that Erlking known magic and all the Grey appear to be staff-wielding magic-users, even Vadderung.
Depends on if there are any other mantles tied up with that one.  Just like Odin has Kringle, Erlking could have something like Ningirama tied up with him.  If he could wear that mask for a night, it'd allow him to participate.

Seems like a very long shot, but hey, most artist depictions online seem to show Ningirama with horns of one sort or another.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
Harry counted 12 members of the Grey Council showing up, and said the whole council was present.  Jim said that they, plus Harry, makes 13.  Thus we can be confident that Lea, the Knights of the Cross, Murphy, Molly, Thomas, are not part of it.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
You know, why are we just limiting ourselves to 13 for the entirety of the Grey Council. 

We know 13 is a limit for wizards working together.  There may have been other Grey Council members aside from what we seen that are in Support Roles, particularly for those not suited for combat.

It is clear that Lea was working as 'part' of the Grey Council operation.  She was after all the one that assisted in providing transport location for them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:49:45 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 11:45:17 PM »
If there is, Harry doesn't know about them.  He was confident that when those 12 people showed up, it was the entirety of the Grey Council, and Jim's count was 13 including Harry.

And frankly, I wouldn't trust Lea as part of that group.  Not with any sort of important or vulnerable information. 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 12:07:54 AM »
I can see the grey council as a loose confederacy than a mandatory meeting type of group.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 12:24:15 AM »
um harry was sure it was the entire grey council?

cause if no one else said that i wont believe it without other confirmation because he didn't have any way of knowing that. I see it more that the whole Grey Council decided to act on his behalf not that everyone showed up to throw spells.

and i see the grey council as those who can be completely trusted. they already have a loose confederacy in the normal white council and thats been infiltrated.

id say many of those are working with the Grey council but not actual full members. Odin has been described as strange because he gave up power as to interact with mortals far more than others on his level. and he has strong ties to the white council through the original merlin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »
LeasWhy would Lea's counterpart need to be on the grey council? She isnt.
Nope.  By WOJ there were 13 present: the 12 that arrived plus one (identified as Harry) that was already there.  If Lea had been in the count it would have made it 14.  Which is also less useful magically speaking (given the Circle mechanics/limitation).

Grey Council
2010 Bitten by Books Q&A:
#136 “I am also highly intrigued by the Gray Council showing up as 12 in number.”
Thirteen, actually: Harry was already there.
“So we found out who 2 of them were, i’d like to know how many of the rest we already know and how many of them haven’t been formally introduced to us yet.”
Hang on, counting… You already know six of the folks who showed up at Chichen Itza, excluding McCoy and Vadderung. :)

My thoughts exactly. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:34:20 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 04:11:12 AM »
I really don't believe that Eb would trust any of the Denarians.

Of the choices given, I'd think that the most likely candidate is Eldest Gruff.  Though WHY he'd participate, I have no idea.

As to other candidates, could you add Vadderung/Odin/Claus?  Just for completeness sake?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 12:33:32 PM »
I really don't believe that Eb would trust any of the Denarians.
Well, I guess, if I were going to make an argument for it, which I'm not inclined to do, but if I were...

I could see a very, very, very unlikely scenario where Eb would work with (more as a one-time partnership rather than a full-time member) Thorned Namshiel and his new bearer.  But only if Thorny was not complicit with his host's Outsider activity, he made a billion binding agreements with Mab about working off a debt owed to reality, and he had a strong-willed bearer.

But that's all so infinitely slim a chance that it seems all but impossible.  And the only other Denarian we've seen with wizard-like skills is Rosanna.  I doubt Eb would trust her without major leverage and assurances.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 03:43:02 PM »
I also don't think Eb would ally himself with a Denarian, I just put it up there as a balance for Namshiel's work with the Black Council.

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
that question and response quoted seems to be talking about only the grey council members who showed up, not necessarily the entire group.
remember a large percentage of wizards just arnt suited to combat and you'd be a horrible general to throw away those members on a Chechen itza type battle.