Author Topic: worth exploring dwarves, bunyips and others?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
worth exploring dwarves, bunyips and others?
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:43:11 AM »
I've some thoughts for the supernatural down under; however given the forum being under Doom of Damocles, is it worth writing up? Would people be interested in such write ups?
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: worth exploring dwarves, bunyips and others?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »
drop a google doc so any one wants can read. but i am interested. as for doom of Damocles i think it kinda smells like pr stunt sine its two weeks since we past closing day.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 06:15:39 PM »
Most of the DFRPG resources arent hosted on the forum itself, and there are initiatives int eh works to preserve the rest. 

I"d say it's still well worth it.  Though a Google Doc or some other record beyond a thread post is always a good idea for anything you put work into. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »
I've some thoughts for the supernatural down under; however given the forum being under Doom of Damocles, is it worth writing up? Would people be interested in such write ups?

Certainly.

The forum will be preserved intact at a new location, if all goes well. Even if doesn't, we can preserve your writing in form or another.

drop a google doc so any one wants can read. but i am interested. as for doom of Damocles i think it kinda smells like pr stunt sine its two weeks since we past closing day.

Not a stunt. How would that even work?

There was never a specific closing day.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »
... as for doom of Damocles i think it kinda smells like pr stunt sine its two weeks since we past closing day.

Geez.

Iago is kind enough to delay the announced closure so the volunteers can work out the technical details, and you're smelling a PR stunt?  Um... cynical much?  Or just that naive about volunteerism, tech, etc... that it's just somebody's half-hour and done?

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »
cool, I'll get started.
The dwarfs are the least OZ specific so I'll do them first; they'll be the easiest for you to find problems with. Bunyips are largely known, so them next: finally the magic of the Clever Men as there's nothing worthwhile available online, so I'll need to have the Dresdenverse stuff down pat for them.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.