Author Topic: Making things on DR  (Read 15409 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Making things on DR
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »
I sir am made of Water.
It's just very hard to get other people to step away from the Canvas they have. Your more in the habit than most to misunderstand me anyway, to my frustration sometime.
But do I give up?.... no. Simply ignore all these attached idea's and focus on the facts in your own quoteNone of the other things matter, all the Warden talk is extraneous detail and My words pointing to her talking to DR first were both misspoke and Non germaine to getting my point across. It's what she said to him that matters, Thankee Sai.
*he both chose, proving a thought process, and Reacted, proving a preconceived subroutine towards the situation at hand.
Yes, Alfred can think, nobody is denying that. Yes, he exhibited a some unexplained form of restraint, and yes Mab thanked him for it.  But did Alfred Choose to Raise the Circle Barrier?  Nope, Lily did. 

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »
Yes, Alfred can think, nobody is denying that. Yes, he exhibited a some unexplained form of restraint, and yes Mab thanked him for it.  But did Alfred Choose to Raise the Circle Barrier?  Nope, Lily did.
Does that have anything at all to do with if he actively choose to take Mab or not? Nope the convo we already dressed up and down from Mab did. Lily activated preconstructed magic that could be done by literally anybody, Harry summoned a creature that could be called by literally any human. Does the fact Lily jiggered with DR to try and get into the inner sanctum somehow gainsay the original purpose of the wards, which would not be to make DR more vulnerable? Nope.
Does your assertion have most any effect on mines what so ever? Not if your listening...
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
Does that have anything at all to do with if he actively choose to take Mab or not? Nope the convo we already dressed up and down from Mab did. Lily activated preconstructed magic that could be done by literally anybody, Harry summoned a creature that could be called by literally any human. Does the fact Lily jiggered with DR to try and get into the inner sanctum somehow gainsay the original purpose of the wards, which would not be to make DR more vulnerable? Nope.
Does your assertion have most any effect on mines what so ever? Not if your listening...
Ok, so What Im getting here is that you agree with the point I was making and had simply moved on to another without me.  Cool.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2018, 02:28:15 PM »
Ok, so What Im getting here is that you agree with the point I was making and had simply moved on to another without me.  Cool.
What i'm getting is I tried to explain something and you latched onto the first foilable you found weither it linearly connected to what I was trying to point out or not... Not cool? The interaction between Mab and DR was always my focus.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 02:59:26 PM »
What i'm getting is I tried to explain something and you latched onto the first foilable you found weither it linearly connected to what I was trying to point out or not... Not cool? The interaction between Mab and DR was always my focus.
If you say so.  This was always my only point:

I agree with that entirely.  Im just trying to say there is a big difference between Lily activating a pre-existing element of the Island and Alfred exercising initiative with those structures.  It's the same division of Power vs Authority that stopped him from Imprisoning Shagnasty even though he actively hated him, and the same reason Im sure that Alfred could free the inmates (because he literally is the walls and doors and locks) but he never Would without an outside agent (ideally the Warden) making the Choice and initiating the process.

If, when you jumped into that part of the conversation you were actually talking about something else, Sorry I missed your transition.

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »
If you say so.  This was always my only point:

If, when you jumped into that part of the conversation you were actually talking about something else, Sorry I missed your transition.
My apologize on being a non linear being. i'm full of twists and sharp turns.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »
Using uniqu and valuable materials make magical foci more powerful and last longer. The crystal produced on the island would definitly quality.

I am imagine a mobile pseudo sanctum, designed to contain potential inmates for travel to the island.

I'm picturing Harry running around with a large currier's tube on his back with a rolled up magic circle.  He pulls it out, throws it to unroll it, and attempts to get the baddie to step onto it.  LOL
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:58 PM »
I'm picturing Harry running around with a large currier's tube on his back with a rolled up magic circle.  He pulls it out, throws it to unroll it, and attempts to get the baddie to step onto it.  LOL
Id go more the spring-wire style that Binder uses  8)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »
Id go more the spring-wire style that Binder uses  8)

The one Binder uses is for a specific race/being.  I could totally see Harry trying to have something that would be more general and stronger.

Then again, it could be like one of those spring loaded circles that some folks use for Frisbees, only ... bigger.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2018, 06:38:57 PM »
The one Binder uses is for a specific race/being.  I could totally see Harry trying to have something that would be more general and stronger.

Then again, it could be like one of those spring loaded circles that some folks use for Frisbees, only ... bigger.
I'd never really gotten the impression that Binder's wire was anything specific to his summon Army, or really anything more 'crafted' than the physical wire.  In other words I'd thought it was just a faster and more portable version of a basic Chalk-line circle.  But I could be entirely wrong about that, I cant really find anything to confirm or deny my old assumption. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »
I'd never really gotten the impression that Binder's wire was anything specific to his summon Army, or really anything more 'crafted' than the physical wire.  In other words I'd thought it was just a faster and more portable version of a basic Chalk-line circle.  But I could be entirely wrong about that, I cant really find anything to confirm or deny my old assumption.

I'd be willing to bet that it has runes/sigils on it.  I just seems like that would make summoning a specific race that much more easy, and that is Binder's style.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that it has runes/sigils on it.  I just seems like that would make summoning a specific race that much more easy, and that is Binder's style.
True, I more got the sense that there was no more Easier to be had with that particular summoning trick, and since we hadnt seen him need it prior I had it pegged as just a convenience.  But I could easily be wrong. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2018, 05:32:47 PM »
I think with Harry's improved abilities at finer magic, and his connections with the Svartalves , he may be able to come up with a spring loaded circle with strong enough runes/sigils etched into it to use.