Author Topic: Spoilers: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 19692 times)

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilers: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 10:35:53 PM »
Eh, I see plenty of opportunity for both the film to have the correct answer and be utterly misleading:

(click to show/hide)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 12:39:28 AM »
Speaking of Star Wars has anyone seen the evidence that Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith, possibly Palpatines master in the prequels?  This youtube video is somewhat convincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 03:18:20 AM »
Haha. No. 

I could see though, in line with some of what I've said before, that Jar Jar's 'clumsiness' is part of an innate force talent.  Though the point at which he stops being clumsy is a clue that he has then become vulnerable and made into Palpatine's tool or he becomes deadly serious and cautious.  In the books, Palpatine's master was still alive and active during the Phantom Menace despite Palpatine believing him dead.

It be pretty cool to find Jar Jar Binks come back to us as a wizened jedi/sith.

If you draw back the curtains far enough in the expanded universe, you have Abeloth in cycles breaking free of her prison manipulating events more until she is once more fully imprisoned.  These cycles correspond with the rise and falls of the Sith and Jedi. Abeloth is imprisoned within the MAW, a group of black holes near which there exists a tight passage to a safe spot within a center of gravity of the cluster.  The MAW is part of the created prison complex near the Kessel system and it is this black hole cluster (MAW) that Han Solo and others talk about when they allude to the Kessel Run.  They have to get close but not to close.  So that's it!!! Maybe the Kessel Run, the Maw, and Han's boast about it being 12 parsecs will be relevant in the next movie.  They will uncover a secret passage into the MAW installation. (The expanded universe already went there).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:37:49 AM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 06:04:20 AM »
Haha. No. 

I could see though, in line with some of what I've said before, that Jar Jar's 'clumsiness' is part of an innate force talent.  Though the point at which he stops being clumsy is a clue that he has then become vulnerable and made into Palpatine's tool or he becomes deadly serious and cautious.  In the books, Palpatine's master was still alive and active during the Phantom Menace despite Palpatine believing him dead.

It be pretty cool to find Jar Jar Binks come back to us as a wizened jedi/sith.

If you draw back the curtains far enough in the expanded universe, you have Abeloth in cycles breaking free of her prison manipulating events more until she is once more fully imprisoned.  These cycles correspond with the rise and falls of the Sith and Jedi. Abeloth is imprisoned within the MAW, a group of black holes near which there exists a tight passage to a safe spot within a center of gravity of the cluster.  The MAW is part of the created prison complex near the Kessel system and it is this black hole cluster (MAW) that Han Solo and others talk about when they allude to the Kessel Run.  They have to get close but not to close.  So that's it!!! Maybe the Kessel Run, the Maw, and Han's boast about it being 12 parsecs will be relevant in the next movie.  They will uncover a secret passage into the MAW installation. (The expanded universe already went there).

Have any theories on George Lucas saying Jar Jar was the key to everything?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 04:12:53 PM »
Well, did he mean anything much by it?

Let's say there is meaning there. Crazy wag time. But first background.

First,
Abeloth or something similar is locked up in the maw.
The ones are force like entities represented by tarot cards father, mother, son, daughter, servant.
Mother went missing, mortal Servant filled in mother's role.  Servant grew afraid of her death so drank of forbidden pools of knowledge gaining immortality but turning her into dark side creature abeloth. Son and daughter, brother and sister, duty then becomes to keep servant imprisoned within the maw.

Vader uses a particular weapon to kill the ones, brother and sister. And abeloth is now nearly, if not fully, free. I found a website that better describes everything but I'm on my kindle so can't link it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones

Crazy wag:
Jar jar comes onstage to represent the ones, or is representing abeloth.  I'm more inclined to go with the idea that jar jar is or becomes a representative of the ones.  In the books, the Sith are the ones who are unknowingly representing abeloth.  So, she is the true phantom menace that is alluded to in the title.

In conclusion, jar jar binks is or becomes a representative of the Father who tasked him with locating, verifying the chosen one who would bring balance to the force.  Jar jar is following this path that will ultimately lead to abeloths destruction for good though there were many casualties along the way. He set Palpatine up to finally reveal himself.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:49:53 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »
So... having not yet seen tlj I didn't think to have much to say, however, I was wrong lol.(which means i'm not bothering with spoiler tags btw)
First the whole restore balance and destroy the sith thing, he did. He did destroy the Sith when he betrayed the emperor, and when a whole bunch of light exists but no darkness, there isn't balance. Stop looking at it through the jedi's now obvious stupidity on what is balance. He reset the balance pretty well.
Ok so, most of the expanded universe is down the trash shute, which... things HAVE been known to survive.. but still. New canonical novel 'origins of the Jedii' is an absolute must for understanding some things reference though, Ashara and Bogan represent the light and the dark respectively, they are considered the incarnations of it in the old school before the split jedii who knew that you have to stay suspended between the light and the dark and not sway to either, true balance.(this also appears in other new works, in the clone wars cartoon(iirc) a being tells a jedi HE is Ashara and Bogan because he knows balance and the jedi does not.
Combine this with raidem's offhand reference about something in the force and the simple mention of snoke(in trailer, of darkness rises and light to meet it) leads me to believe perhaps.. just maybe, Ashara and Bogan were two very dynamically opposing force users who became the first two and most powerful force ghosts and have been mucking about with everyone else who uses it ever since...?
actually kinda hope not cause that would be too damn reminiscent of my DF theories.. The circle would be complete, those who were originally copied from have now become the copiers...
*which might make the resurgence of 'twins' Ashara and Bogan reborn, again and again(which would make the Novel have another hidden meaning, as it
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:11:26 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 01:52:35 AM »
I am not saying I believe it. In fact, I don't want to believe it. It goes against the grain of Star Wars being the Skywalker saga. But, I suspect that it will be so in order to appease certain non-plot related needs.

I wasn't really comfortable with the 'nobody important' answer either, given that #7 hinted so strongly that her parentage was significant somehow. But if they reverse that again in 9, it's going to come across as just cheap writing to keep changing their minds. It's possible Ren was lying or wrong (say, not recognizing a son or daughter of Kenobi as significant, making Rey his granddaughter), and it's not like 8 wasn't already pretty full of cheap and inconsistent writing, but I'd be kind of surprised if they change tracks again on this issue.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 02:00:32 AM »
I wanted to love it; but, I kept seeing more socio-political points and less plot points.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2018, 02:49:30 AM »
I just read more about jar jar.

He has made a return to naboo as a clown in a book that is Canon. He is trying to make people happy. He knows he made mistakes. And the people of naboo have ostracized him but the kids like him, thus he is a clown.

I think there is other sources that have Palpatine sending him off to an undisclosed location.  And I think those same sources have him going on several missions with Jedi etc and doing well so he could very well have learned much in politics and fighting missions since we have seen him last.

Palpatine had a contingency plan in case of his own death and it involved jakku, specifically blowing up the planet while both empire and republic forces were fighting near it.  And then having a remnant go to the unknown regions.
He also wanted many planets scorched including naboo. If the empire couldn't protect him, it didn't deserve to live.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:03:34 AM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2018, 04:34:07 AM »
I wanted to love it; but, I kept seeing more socio-political points and less plot points.

Unfortunately it appears that the nerds last refuge (Star Wars, new Star Trek series, Ghostbusters, certain comic book related things) have been hijacked for this purpose, and it's sad.  As a nerd I enjoyed a magical world to get away from the stresses of the real world only to find even my fantasy worlds are now being infringed on.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 04:37:51 AM »
I just read more about jar jar.

He has made a return to naboo as a clown in a book that is Canon. He is trying to make people happy. He knows he made mistakes. And the people of naboo have ostracized him but the kids like him, thus he is a clown.

Well the theory that I posted the link to it's believed Lucas pulled out of the Jar Jar being a sith because of the fan backlash against him.  People just could not stand the character.  Lucas saying that Jar Jar was the key to everything, and Jar Jar being from the same planet as Palpatine along with all the other stuff I think is convincing.  I think Jar Jar was supposed to the be the dark sides Yoda...  Weird, funny, unsuspecting until you realize the real power, and evil behind him.  I think a lot of subtle hints were dropped as the video suggests so that only after the truth is revealed, fans could go back and see the logic of it.  Like Jar Jar standing beside Palpatine at the funeral...  That shot was very similar to shots of Palpatine and Vader.   

I don't really think that the positions of Jar Jar/Palpatine and on the opposite side is Obiwan/Anakin with the princess stuck in the middle (anakins future love interest and reason for him going dark side) is an accident.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:55:40 AM by groinkick »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 08:37:32 AM »
Unfortunately it appears that the nerds last refuge (Star Wars, new Star Trek series, Ghostbusters, certain comic book related things) have been hijacked for this purpose, and it's sad.  As a nerd I enjoyed a magical world to get away from the stresses of the real world only to find even my fantasy worlds are now being infringed on.
Well said, groinkick, well said. It makes me feel old and stained that that which I loved when I was younger has become a part of someone else's force-fed message.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
In the expanded universe, Jar Jar Binks was a senator allied with Palpatine.  Palpatine often sent him on missions or Binks went on missions.

One such mission has him:
While attempting to escape, Binks accidentally destroyed Amidala's yacht with a magnetic crane; ruining their chance to contact for help. He donned a Jedi robe Amidala had stored in her back closet, which led the droids to mistake him for a Jedi.

I think Jar Jar turns out to be an untrained natural Jedi that learns while on missions among Jedi.  I now need to watch the animated tv star wars series clone wars.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:50:33 PM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »
In the expanded universe, Jar Jar Binks was a senator allied with Palpatine.  Palpatine often sent him on missions or Binks went on missions.

One such mission has him:
While attempting to escape, Binks accidentally destroyed Amidala's yacht with a magnetic crane; ruining their chance to contact for help. He donned a Jedi robe Amidala had stored in her back closet, which led the droids to mistake him for a Jedi.

I think Jar Jar turns out to be an untrained natural Jedi that learns while on missions among Jedi.  I now need to watch the animated tv star wars series clone wars.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks

What they really need in the Star Wars universe is a time traveling story where in universe present day Jedi get to meet the Jedi/Sith of old.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 08:32:25 PM »
Lol, I was thinking of how to fit time travel into star wars.  Here it goes.  DJ, played by benicio del Toro, is a time traveling Cade Skywalker type character descended from say rey, if she is Luke's daughter, or from kylo ren.  Cade Skywalker appears 100 years after return of Jedi and is part of a story that is made into comics in expanded universe.  DJ's story will be made in early 2018 into comics.  So I'm suggesting that dj has traveled from the future to the present to assist with something in tlj and much more coming soon in star wars plots.

There.  I have now fulfilled my obligatory time travel theory and offering for star wars.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:36:31 PM by raidem »