Author Topic: Prediction: Bob wrote the Dresden Files  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Sillynapkin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Prediction: Bob wrote the Dresden Files
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:12:05 PM »
In Turn Coat, Harry visits Ebenezar McCoy‘s office. During this visit, Harry reads his grandfather’s journal and McCoy tells him that Harry might want to document his knowledge in a journal. McCoy also implies that this is traditional, as his master and his master’s master etc. til Merlin have done so.
I think the Dresden Files are these “journals”.
I also think it would be hilarious if Bob wrote them for Harry.  I have no proof of this besides the fact that Bob is one of the few characters that Harry tells the “whole story” to.

Ps. I am new to this forum. I apologize if this theory is already out there.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction: Bob wrote the Dresden Files
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:39:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I have not seen this idea before. Others might have better knowledge. Bob does have internet access. So, many things are possible.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:45:53 PM »
It could be Bob because every woman in the universe is described based in sexual terms and most are super models. Was definitely someone male and horny writing them.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 12:14:25 AM »
I have never seen Mavra on the cover of SI's swimsuit issue. And I thought Bob's gender and sexual preference was dependent on his owner's.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 08:39:27 AM »
I have never seen Mavra on the cover of SI's swimsuit issue. And I thought Bob's gender and sexual preference was dependent on his owner's.
Yes, dead women mostly excluded.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 09:48:25 AM »
Yes, dead women mostly excluded.
LOL
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 04:06:48 PM »
In Turn Coat, Harry visits Ebenezar McCoy‘s office. During this visit, Harry reads his grandfather’s journal and McCoy tells him that Harry might want to document his knowledge in a journal. McCoy also implies that this is traditional, as his master and his master’s master etc. til Merlin have done so.
I think the Dresden Files are these “journals”.
I also think it would be hilarious if Bob wrote them for Harry.  I have no proof of this besides the fact that Bob is one of the few characters that Harry tells the “whole story” to.

Ps. I am new to this forum. I apologize if this theory is already out there.

The journal idea is all but confirmed by Jim from a Q&A session, if I recall; something to the effect of "The books are Harry kind of looking back, years later..." So I think that this is solid.

Bob being the writer is interesting. I'd posit that Bonnie (if you're unfamiliar, that's the name we've been using for Harry's new spirit of intellect from the end of Skin Game) may be a better fit; she actually lived in Harry's head, and would have greater insight into Harry's state of mind during each of the early events, and has the perfect recall necessary to describe events years after the fact. So that's a good thought.

Also, welcome.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 06:02:19 PM »
The journal idea is all but confirmed by Jim from a Q&A session, if I recall; something to the effect of "The books are Harry kind of looking back, years later..." So I think that this is solid.

Bob being the writer is interesting. I'd posit that Bonnie (if you're unfamiliar, that's the name we've been using for Harry's new spirit of intellect from the end of Skin Game) may be a better fit; she actually lived in Harry's head, and would have greater insight into Harry's state of mind during each of the early events, and has the perfect recall necessary to describe events years after the fact. So that's a good thought.

Also, welcome.

I somehow doubt that Bob is the writer, unless in looking back he can make himself sound different from Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »
   I somehow doubt that Bob is the writer, unless in looking back he can make himself sound different from Harry.
Ghostwriter
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I'm thinking if it was Bob writing them, he'd be FAR more prominent in them, and much more of the hero.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline twobee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 11:43:58 PM »
I think the story is pretty clearly from Harry's perspective. Bob or Bonnie might have helped edit, but the words are pretty clearly Harry. Also, there are large sections of the story that Bob would have only at best heard about, not witnessed, especially the parts when Harry is no longer Bob's owner

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 12:50:48 AM »
Well, Bob could be transcribing Harry's words onto an online journal for the paranet?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 03:52:03 AM »
I can see Bob or Bonnie working as the transcriber.  Being told an oral history of the events and then copying them into another format.  Bob can write things after all.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 06:03:43 AM »
by the way we are talking bob the pervertest spirit of intellect on the planet. If he was writing books it comes a to cheesy b we have clean description of sex scene every damn chapter in every book.

I am not gona be shocked that bob has phd on sex( know that's a odd character idea for rpg

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 09:04:50 AM »
Maybe Bob is the real writer of Laurel K hamilton books. Just a thought.
Make Mine Butcher!