Author Topic: Mac and the Mirror's  (Read 2445 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Mac and the Mirror's
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:13:56 PM »
I had a kinda funny thought I just wanted to put into words. The whole Mirror realm/shadow replication thing has been my thing for awhile now in the DF. I've researched it from various angles and mythos. That part of what N does is find that mirror and/or use mirrors.
Anyway remembering the 'son of the chief Physician' idea and connecting the references, mainly from MS hanging around MW's cottage, Mort's Guardian's giving stability to the Insane ghosts(which i'd point out for my own reasons basically gave them a sanctum/home to live) and in DR's make up as well.
Long have I thought of TWC the spiritus mundi of reality, the one who dreams up it's existence/defines it's will(in this way reality is kinda just HIS sanctum)
Basically, Mac is 'out' and does not interfere, though he's actually inside reality... Nemesis is actively interfering though she is 'outside' reality. I think he surrounds himself in Mirrors as a way of balance for that fact. He's surrounded by Nemesis's medium in a place in a sort of wonky way for balance... anyway, had to say it
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mac and the Mirror's
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:47:11 AM »
So, you think Mac could be a counter-balance to Nemesis. Well, he does seem to have some familiarity with Outsiders and recogntion among them. Negative recognition that seems to be mutual.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:46 AM »
I was reading up on psylocke the other day when I came across this potential plot piece. Someone imprisoned another with their powers but can't use those same powers because they could weaken the prison or let the prisoner out.

So to apply it to Mac, he has to remain out to sideline something else.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 04:13:53 AM »
I was reading up on psylocke the other day when I came across this potential plot piece. Someone imprisoned another with their powers but can't use those same powers because they could weaken the prison or let the prisoner out.

that would play to the theory that DR is powered by the grace of an Archangel, and that Mac is said Archangel.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »
that would play to the theory that DR is powered by the grace of an Archangel, and that Mac is said Archangel.
Not necessarily, but could. DR seems to have it's own balance act.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »

Aah, you are refering to how Psylocke had the Shadow King trapped in a mental prison that denied her use of her psychic powers. And, you think Mac might be in a similar situation.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »
Yep.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:47:24 AM »
Yep.
I'd forgotten that happened. Yea, I've realized the idea of 'the prison' is something that has been redone inside every mythological generation in the Dresden verse. On an angelic balance scale He could, much as Uriel, force another's stalemate by not acting himself(ergo even if they could conceivably act it's considered a 'cheat' allowing rebuttal directly). A defensive strategy to be sure... Hell, we KNOW angels can transubstantiate into a mortal vessel, Mac?
*sigh* and yea
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 04:55:21 PM »

That is actually very, very interesting. Effort might be necessary, too. It could explain why he doesn't talk much; he's concentrating on something else. And don't forget that he seems to recover from a gutshot within an hour—once he's unconscious, and his control slips.

Side note: check out "Legion," if you haven't already. It's not faithful to the comics, really, but it's fun as hell. Jemaine Clement is in it, too, and has a pretty awesome scene conducting a psychic remix of the song "Bolero," which was suitably awesome.