Author Topic: To the cops of Chicago do the Alpha's seem like a gang?  (Read 8176 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: To the cops of Chicago do the Alpha's seem like a gang?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »
What movie or tv show was this from?

lol I think it's from a movie called Wolfcop
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 02:31:18 AM »
Looks cheesy enough to watch while drinking.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
lol I think it's from a movie called Wolfcop

I don't need to know if the movie is good or bad, because it doesn't matter. This is a thing that exists, and I know what I'm watching tonight.

Oh my God, the lead character's name is Lou Garou.

On topic, I'm sure that the cops are aware of them, but I don't think they particularly care. Crime is down.

Animal control, on the other hand, have very likely responded to many panicked phone calls, only to find nothing. I would actually love that short story, with some kind of obsessed animal control officer with a map of Chicago and pins stuck in it, desperately trying to reconcile wolf sightings with no evidence of a wolf den anywhere in the city.

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 05:38:43 PM »
Wolves look a lot like huskies, don't they? And I can't imagine any of the Alphas letting any vanilla mortal get close enough to their wolf forms to tell the difference.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »
Animal control, on the other hand, have very likely responded to many panicked phone calls, only to find nothing. I would actually love that short story, with some kind of obsessed animal control officer with a map of Chicago and pins stuck in it, desperately trying to reconcile wolf sightings with no evidence of a wolf den anywhere in the city.

Every time he thinks he's cornered them, he finds Will and Georgia entangled together in the bushes. Eventually, he comes to the only logical conclusion:

"No no, you don't understand! They're Werewolves!"
"Of course they are Officer. You just come along now"

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »
Wolves look a lot like huskies, don't they? And I can't imagine any of the Alphas letting any vanilla mortal get close enough to their wolf forms to tell the difference.
I'm not sure about a "lot," but probably close enough for government work if they're only being seen at night while they're moving quickly and in-and-out of bushes.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
Bumpus's dogs are running wild again.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »

Wolves are much, much bigger than huskies. On the low end of the bell curve, male gray wolves are about 70 pounds—a bit heavier than the biggest huskies. Wolves can grow to 180 pounds. They're a bit taller, and about eight-ten inches longer, which is significant. They also have heads that are a lot bigger in relation to body size.

In short, just from pictures, you can confuse a husky with a wolf, but if you see a big one in person, there's no mistaking them. And you'll also likely need a fresh pair of underwear.

Add to that Harry's insistence that the Alphas are bigger than natural wolves—not as big as the hexenwulfen, but still beyond what you'd find in nature—and I don't see how anyone could see an Alpha and not crap themselves. Also, I'm constantly disappointed that Mouse and the Alphas have still yet to really hang out.

As for the Alphas not being seen at all, well, I can only speculate that it's unlikely they haven't been spotted enough times to attract attention over the last ten or fifteen years. They've been involved in too many crime scenes for their pawprints, for instance, not to have been noticed.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 04:12:57 PM »
"Sir, I found some paw prints at the site of that mugging."
"So? It was in a park. People walk their dogs. Don't waste my time."

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't think the police are really aware of them.  Then I thought of the Animal Control angle.  Though I like the thought of an obsessed AC officer with pins in a map.  That's funny.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »
Especially if alot of pins are near pizza places and comic book stores.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Independent George

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 01:34:19 AM »
Honestly? The cops probably don't care enough to notice. The crime rate has gone down within the precincts, so brass get to take credit for doing a great job, the sergeants probably notice but won't stick their necks out, and the beat cops are just relieved they have less chance of getting stabbed on the job. Maybe a detective or two might notice seeing the same faces around, but unless they're getting paid overtime (which they aren't, on account of the lower crime rate), they're not going to poke their noses into it.

Whatever the investigative instincts of individual cops, the bureaucracy functions the same everywhere.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 01:39:05 AM »
"Sir, I found some paw prints at the site of that mugging."
"So? It was in a park. People walk their dogs. Don't waste my time."

"Sir, according to our animal expert the paw prints belonged to a wolf estimated weight of 200 pounds.  Bigger than any wolf ever discovered"
"Get Karren Murphy on the phone"
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 02:14:01 AM »
"Sir, according to our animal expert the paw prints belonged to a wolf estimated weight of 200 pounds.  Bigger than any wolf ever discovered"
"Get Karren Murphy on the phone"
More likely,

"Jackson, I told you not to bother me with that crap anymore. Who cares if someone had a big dog there? Now get me something we can work with, or I'm busting your ass down to SI."

Seriously, unless you were in SI and served directly under Murphy, chances are you considered SI and her a laughing stock, a dumping ground for crappy detectives and people who couldn't hack it.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2017, 06:11:46 AM »
More likely,

"Jackson, I told you not to bother me with that crap anymore. Who cares if someone had a big dog there? Now get me something we can work with, or I'm busting your ass down to SI."

Seriously, unless you were in SI and served directly under Murphy, chances are you considered SI and her a laughing stock, a dumping ground for crappy detectives and people who couldn't hack it.