Author Topic: Wild Card Comics: Puck  (Read 5427 times)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Card Comics: Puck
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »
Yea, great thing about being written on multiple levels huh? Enjoy all the Woj's about unintended consequences of hanging around Harry, him Naming things. Immortals being unchanging(and hey, Pucks not an Imm... oh, yea? He IS?) and how Nemesis can't mess with Angels because they are too absolute but Harry nicknaming Uriel scared the hell out of him, ect, ect. Sure, yea, i'll go with it all the way.
So you're saying that because of Harry, Murphy has become more than human... I can see where you're at, ok, but I like Karen as a straight vanilla mortal, she doesn't need to be a Valkyrie, she's good at being a cop and a friend who's there when you need them.  Everything she's done, can be done as a mortal.  With the exception of when TWG used her as a sock puppet.  Harry has enough supernatural beings surrounding him, she should remain his touchstone to humanity.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »
So you're saying that because of Harry, Murphy has become more than human... I can see where you're at, ok, but I like Karen as a straight vanilla mortal, she doesn't need to be a Valkyrie, she's good at being a cop and a friend who's there when you need them.  Everything she's done, can be done as a mortal.  With the exception of when TWG used her as a sock puppet.  Harry has enough supernatural beings surrounding him, she should remain his touchstone to humanity.
Oh no, what she does is all her own, but that's my point, she can do it just as Harry does. She actually overrides Harry's influence quite often as she continually keeps him in line with that mortal perspective.
and I insist, although she's very familiar to Gard it's no more or less than Harry is to Odin. She will become a chooser and a judge, an dare I say a warrior princess but Valkyrie is just an expression of those base elements. There's another mythos at play that makes her potential futures easier to see... but i'm not telling which one that is, though i'm sure most know about it anyway.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »
Oh no, what she does is all her own, but that's my point, she can do it just as Harry does. She actually overrides Harry's influence quite often as she continually keeps him in line with that mortal perspective.
and I insist, although she's very familiar to Gard it's no more or less than Harry is to Odin. She will become a chooser and a judge, an dare I say a warrior princess but Valkyrie is just an expression of those base elements. There's another mythos at play that makes her potential futures easier to see... but i'm not telling which one that is, though i'm sure most know about it anyway.
ok. Then I hope we can agree to disagree.  I agree with the influence that she has, I just don't think that it needs to be supernatural in origin, and I think that she is and will continue to be vanilla mortal, someone needs to.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
ok. Then I hope we can agree to disagree.  I agree with the influence that she has, I just don't think that it needs to be supernatural in origin, and I think that she is and will continue to be vanilla mortal, someone needs to.
DONT EVER READ PEACE TALKS! lololmao

Offline Lidy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 08:15:01 PM »
Raidem, do you have a write-up of your theory? I have a few thoughts about time travel, but so far I think they're very, very, very, very, very (keep repeating until you get tired) different from yours. If so, can you link it up for me? Thanks.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
I have pieces here and there among the topics and threads. Some of it is in long lost threads.  I'll try to assemble a bunch of stuff soon, hopefully before the transition.

I think I have a Murphy thread somewhere. There is a Ms. Duck thread on Molly=Mab theory which I've used as a template, but mine is more precise and targeted than hers given new information about our Mab's history.  This is Ms. Duck's theory. Just twist it like I said with the focus on Murphy instead of Molly for my theory.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32663.msg1452169.html#msg1452169

Now, on time travel in general, I had a future=>past thread years ago, where I argued that some figures and/or knowledge went into the distant past.  Essentially I argued that perhaps Skakespeare's work, or some entity like Bob or Bonnie(Lash's offspring) gets left in the past with a history of some of the future literature, which forms the basis of the language for the fae and the archetypes of some creatures, like the scarecrow, etc that had appeared in modern cinema. Bob becomes some sort of basis for Demonreach, Bonnie becomes bound to the first Archive, etc, perhaps Harry's allies assume some mantles of god's when they go into distant past to help Harry fight some bad thing that tries to undo something and is countered by our good guys.

My next piece is based off of both IdHarry and Uriel's hint that "No matter where you go, there you are."  I believe this to be a hint that Harry can return to instances of where he had been, just like IdHarry had just visited him.  Further, I believe the "there you are" phrase may be a hint as to a time in which Harry may revisit that occasion in the books later on.  There are a couple of "there you are" that take place during the showdown at the masquerade in GP, so my theory holds that the masquerade will be repeated with those lines about "there you are" being repeated.

Lastly, I believe that there are ongoing assaults against the timeline to prevent Murphy from becoming Mab.  (You could also argue the assaults against the timeline are more targeted against Harry, but I'm a Murphy fan so its all about her.)  It has already happened in one timeline, one reality and we are seeing an attempt to prevent it in another. Or, if that doesn't succeed at least so damage her and her pride by taking her "Harry" away from her. Though I'm sure we probably wouldn't see much in the way of her inured pride, but I'd imagine it would be there similar to her injured pride when nemesis got to Maeve.

My Marcone is Harry/Murphy's son and Nic is Malcolm Dresden theory is really just tangential and to some extent beside the point because I'm more devoted to the Murphy/Mab theory and if it falls, the others likely fall as well.

I think that is a brief synopsis of my theories.  Did you have more questions specific to time travel itself?  Vadderung in Cold Days talks about twinned universes arising out of paradoxes like the one described where you both succeed in killing your grandfather creating a reality in which you were never born and failing to kill your grandfather in which case you likely got your butt kicked with the universe carrying on...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:15:00 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
Raidem has found a disciple!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »
heh, Dresden Files is what's called a casual loop, at least in so much as from the observer effect of it... plus the whole gyre thing, that's always important because if anyone ever really thinks about what it means it says a lot.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »
This thread has a compilation of links or comments that are relevant to Murphy/Mab.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,50304.msg2291717.html#msg2291717
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html