8 (9.4%)
Mouse
8 (9.4%)
Mister
6 (7.1%)
Rashid
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Whose memoir would you read?  (Read 9370 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Whose memoir would you read?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »
No, but Lara might come after me if she knew I'd read Thomas' or (esp.!) Lord Raith's, I might have a problem with the Mob and the FBI if it got out that I'd read Marcone's, the Senior Council might object to my reading Eb's, Margaret's, or McCoy's, for various reasons, and Kemmler might catch the Council's attention, too.

Just about everybody would probably have opinions about the original Merlin's books, including the Queens, and Rashid's might take me straight into Seventh Law violation.

Not saying I wouldn't read them, mind you, but I wouldn't necessarily want it known that I had read them.

I read Kemmlers book. I know how the darkhallow works and I know how to turn necromancy against the black court

Mavra will kill you.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
Well, most of that goes back to the supernatural world likes it secrets. :)
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 03:47:45 PM »

They're pretty crappy at keeping a lot of them. Which, in my opinion, is a big shell game. They don't hide the big, distracting secrets—VAMPIRES ARE REAL AND PEOPLE CAN THROW FIREBALLS AND AIR TRAVEL IS A TOTAL WASTE IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE NEVERNEVER—just so that people don't look for the real stuff, like why the Sidhe are physically unable to lie.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »
While it does place some limitation on mortal manipulation; I have no clue as to how that became a part of their nature.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 05:01:24 PM »
I didn't know you had one, give me a short hand version?

Short version ... Kemmler was WARDEN before Harry.  Rashid distracted DR while the rest of the council took Kemmler out the last time.  That's why DR holds a grudge against Rashid.

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »
Lord Raith...  That would be very interesting to read.  It would not be boring.  It would be filled with lots of eroticism, deceit, eroticism, power plays, eroticism, murder, oh and it would also have eroticism. 

It would be like reading about an immortal, sexually turbo charged Lex Luthor.

It could be boring.  Especially if he DIDN'T focus on the sex parts.  I could totally see him doing that, thinking that the sex was the boring part of the story.  He gets sex ALL the time, so it's not interesting to him.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »
Short version ... Kemmler was WARDEN before Harry.  Rashid distracted DR while the rest of the council took Kemmler out the last time.  That's why DR holds a grudge against Rashid.
Ah. I could see Kemmler as The Warden... but I personally have other idea's about what Rashid did to DR to so royally piss it off.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
Ah. I could see Kemmler as The Warden... but I personally have other idea's about what Rashid did to DR to so royally piss it off.

Do tell.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »
It could be boring.  Especially if he DIDN'T focus on the sex parts.  I could totally see him doing that, thinking that the sex was the boring part of the story.  He gets sex ALL the time, so it's not interesting to him.

He would absolutely focus on the sex part.  He bragged to Murphy about how he loved to conquer (sexually) the strong women he'd come across over his lifetime.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:15:23 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 11:46:32 PM »
Do tell.
... He destroyed it... or destroys it, or is currently destroying it lol. Something Odin said about DR being unable to contemplate it's own end combined with what they were trying to do made me think It's already been destroyed once or will be in the future. It's intellectus would go nuts over Rashid for multiple reasons, one of which is GK might be an outsider role anyway.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 11:53:58 PM »
We know Kemmler was taken down on Halloween; but, we have never learned where as far as I can remember.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 04:05:14 AM »
... He destroyed it... or destroys it, or is currently destroying it lol. Something Odin said about DR being unable to contemplate it's own end combined with what they were trying to do made me think It's already been destroyed once or will be in the future. It's intellectus would go nuts over Rashid for multiple reasons, one of which is GK might be an outsider role anyway.

He, as in Rashid, destroys DR?
And the Gate Keeper role is an outsiders role?  I'm not following.

We know Kemmler was taken down on Halloween; but, we have never learned where as far as I can remember.

Was it Halloween?  I'll have to look into that, because that would be very interesting. 

IF he was the WARDEN, and on DR, there is no way the council could have taken him down.  Not if he knew what being the WARDEN was all about, and I doubt Kemmler would have NOT known.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 06:05:17 AM »

So does the natural one.  You could end up just as dead for learning Marcone's various mundane secrets as for learning the inner secrets of the White Court.  It's no safer walking around with a head full of information about military ciphers or where the Gambino's bury the bodies than it is to know Council secrets.

'Knowing too much' has always been a potential capitol crime.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 08:40:22 PM »
I still thing I would take mundane torture over magical torture; just remembering what Mab did to Slate.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »
I still thing I would take mundane torture over magical torture; just remembering what Mab did to Slate.

Imagine being locked up on Demonreach and Harry putting some annoying song on repeat for months on end.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.