Author Topic: What happened to the rest of the Alpha's?  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the rest of the Alpha's?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »
I am thinking that, in the fictional world, the crazy ones usually come up with the most interesting ways of using their powers.

I think Bob pretty much said that. Something along the lines that only some of the madmen he'd worked for previously could have come up with something like Little Chicago.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »
I think Bob pretty much said that. Something along the lines that only some of the madmen he'd worked for previously could have come up with something like Little Chicago.
Which is entirely too ironic to me when I enjoy pointing out how Bob rubs previous owners off onto the new ones by proxy and pooled informatives.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 11:37:56 AM »
Back to the Alphas, is Will advance enough to recruit new members to the pack? Does he know enough about the process to teach others to transform? Or, is there some factor in the process that is not available to him?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:39:47 AM by wardenferry419 »
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »
in just about every universe or series with werewolves they love living in or near huge forests. It would make sense for a few to move to places like Montana instead of staying in one of the biggest cities in the US.

As for making more since he hasn't added  any new members in the last decade i doubt hes able to.
also its kinda time for his crew to fade from the series being able to bite and claw at someone with human strength makes them relatively useless against most of what harry faces nowadays
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:31:15 AM by Bacchus »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
I doubt that Butcher is done with the pack; but, yeah, I see your point about their level of effectiveness against many of Harry's problems.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
They're not just "bite and claw at human strength." For a start, wolves and dogs can bite much harder than humans can.

For another, the Alphas are regularly described as larger than normal wolves, which means even more strength they can pack on.

And don't discount pack tactics and their ability to move. Overall, their abilities are probably close to the average White Court vampire, and they certainly weren't so useless in Turn Coat.

Plus, Harry is still facing things wolves could be effective against. It's not like every enemy Harry faces is in the god tier weightclass. Fomor servitors, for instance.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »
They're not just "bite and claw at human strength." For a start, wolves and dogs can bite much harder than humans can.

For another, the Alphas are regularly described as larger than normal wolves, which means even more strength they can pack on.

And don't discount pack tactics and their ability to move. Overall, their abilities are probably close to the average White Court vampire, and they certainly weren't so useless in Turn Coat.

Plus, Harry is still facing things wolves could be effective against. It's not like every enemy Harry faces is in the god tier weightclass. Fomor servitors, for instance.

Georgia and Will gave Shagnasty something to think about after it killed Kirby. Harrying, hit and run tactics worked about as well as anything else, which is to say they weren't lethal, but did have a noticeable impact.