Author Topic: Book 17 Mirror Mirror? Rumor thread  (Read 19371 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Book 17 Mirror Mirror? Rumor thread
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2018, 04:13:30 PM »
On the topic of Lasciel. Harry had an imprint of Lasciel in his brain he named Lash. She developed into a separate entity. Harry never took up the coin and Lash sacrificed herself to save Harry meaning that Lash was never reabsorbed into Lasciel. How then did Lasciel gain any intimate knowledge of Harry? That knowledge died with Lash. Although some or maybe all of it passed to Bonnie.

Pop culture references were probably all Hannah. I do not think that Lasciel knows Harry at all except by reputation and what was passed along by Nic. Hannah's anger at Harry for the destruction of her friends fed into Lasciel's anger at Harry for his refusal of her and vice versa. Lasciel is angry because her shadow failed to seduce Harry meaning that she failed. The fact that Harry and her shadow had a "baby" means that Harry seduced the shadow which only rubs salt in the wound. She easily could have found out about Bonnie from Nic as Harry told Murphy about the "parasite" in an unsecured environment (which in retrospect was not smart of Harry. He knew Anduriel was most likely Listening and yet still revealed a weakness/weapon/desirable possession).
I remember woj that she had that knowledge. The shadow was blocked from communicating but she could still get her info.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
I remember woj that she had that knowledge. The shadow was blocked from communicating but she could still get her info.
Could you point me toward it?  I didint think we had anything specific on that link, but it's likely a post- SG WOJ that arent as thoroughly cataloged. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:20 PM »
Could you point me toward it?  I didint think we had anything specific on that link, but it's likely a post- SG WOJ that arent as thoroughly cataloged.
I am horrible at that kind of thing, I just remember and forget were I heard it an I am not going to listen to hours of youtube to get it. But I will give it a try later.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »

I could not find it but this quote from skin game points into the same direction:

, I had a pretty solid intuition that Ascher could keep throwing fire until I was a gasping heap on the ground, especially with Lasciel’s knowledge and experience backing her up. Worse, Lasciel knew me, inside and out. Or at least, she had known me. So it was time to use a few tricks I’d developed since we’d parted ways.

It was part of her that was with Harry. She knew him good enough to speak those seven words that killed him. She helped Assher with handling Harry.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2018, 12:55:38 PM »
I second it as a confirmed rumored Woj, lol. Thought he talked about how well the circle actually contained Lasciel. I'm actually fairly certain it helped Lash in becoming her own being, in that it kept Lasciel's actual influence at bay while she deviated from it.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »
Okay, Harry had Lasciel's shadow in his head for years.  Further there was a connection, though blocked, from Lash to Lasciel.

Here's my theory...

When Lash sacrificed herself, she and Harry created Bonnie.  And we know that Lash wasn't 100% gone, because she was still able to help Harry with his Guitar Composition.

This suggests that the link between Harry/Bonnie and Lasciel may have still had some life.  So, when Harry busted the coin out of his vault, and gave it to Fr. Forthill, Lasiel was able to take a "reading" from Harry.  While she could no longer exert any influence, I think the link hadn't completely been destroyed.  I think that since then, Harry's healing has closed those holes in his brain, completely cutting him off from Lasciel, but she still had "Read access" to his mind for awhile.

I do not believe she has any access to Bonnie.  But who knows?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2018, 07:09:30 PM »
The point is I think that link gave Lasciel a better understanding of Harry and knowledge about him other evil entities do not have and made it possible for Lasciel to help Hanna with the reference jokes.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2018, 08:13:58 PM »
The point is I think that link gave Lasciel a better understanding of Harry and knowledge about him other evil entities do not have and made it possible for Lasciel to help Hanna with the reference jokes.

I think that's it.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »
I guess while I dont dispute that Lasciel should Know him better than nearly any other entity out there, at the end of the day I prefer to think that Hannah was simply a Xanth fan and had read similar books as Harry, and was still a decent person just made some bad decisions.  A big part of her impact as a character is that she was basically just Harry with slightly less internal fortitude (or more likely fewer true friends to lean on).  Similarly Id rather believe her (I think very wise) relationship advice to harry was just decent advice from one human being to another, and not part of some elaborate manipulation by Lasciel.

"There but the grace of God goes Harry Dresden..."
and all that.

And devils advocate:  Lasciel might arguably Know Harry better than anyone else around, but she's also the one that has FAILED to manipulate him every time she's tried :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2018, 02:35:58 AM »

I don't have the source handy, but someone asked him how much of Lash's interaction with Harry she was aware of, and the answer was "all of it". But I think it was a one-way feed where she saw and heard Lash' experiences but couldn't transmit back.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2018, 08:21:14 AM »
I don't have the source handy, but someone asked him how much of Lash's interaction with Harry she was aware of, and the answer was "all of it". But I think it was a one-way feed where she saw and heard Lash' experiences but couldn't transmit back.
Yes that was the one I remembered. Must have been terribly frustrating for her when she saw her shadow being “corrupted” by Harry while she could not do anything about it.

Explains why she went over the line and how she had the knowledge to do so.
SH[Elaine+++]