Author Topic: Book 17 Mirror Mirror? Rumor thread  (Read 19504 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Book 17 Mirror Mirror? Rumor thread
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 07:48:05 PM »
Don't forget the bondage sex that caused it! :)
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »
But it wouldn't have happened due to her all vampy-ness. 

Now a BDSM scene with Lara could have been in the cards.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »
Ohh, choices, choices, choices. Which one would have been more fun? I mean for Harry, yeah Harry. Not me the reader, Harry the hero.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »
Molly could have died a warlock in PG.

Actually, this one is interesting. Molly getting in trouble in Proven Guilty is an indirect result of Harry picking up Lasciel's Coin. Harry had consciously avoided Michael ever since, to the point where he hadn't seen him in a couple of years (especially odd because they're pretty much best bros). Because Harry wasn't around, he didn't pick up any of the signs from Molly, and she didn't have the opportunity to casually talk to him about it. Mab even lampshades it in Cold Days (page 480 on Nook):
"...Then when she went to explore the Art, you elected not to interfere until such time as she found herself in dire straits..."

Harry's absence, especially after his frequent presence and mysterious example, is one of the things that engineered Molly's circumstances. So, in Mirror, Mirror, if he didn't pick up the Coin, maybe Molly never went warlock in the first place. I'd actually like that, because the Mirrorverse might be a bit boring if everything is objectively worse in every regard, you know?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 10:53:22 PM »
I don't think Michael would be as trusting of Darth Harry.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
I wonder if Harry HAD been around to catch on to Molly's budding powers, if that would have had a negative effect on the creation of the Paranet.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
Maybe not, the idea of the Paranet came in the next book about witch-culling.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »
Yeah, but he may not have caught on quickly enough because he was focused on Molly.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
I agree that Molly was a big influence; but, I think the beheaded Korean boy was significant as well.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »
Actually, this one is interesting. Molly getting in trouble in Proven Guilty is an indirect result of Harry picking up Lasciel's Coin. Harry had consciously avoided Michael ever since, to the point where he hadn't seen him in a couple of years (especially odd because they're pretty much best bros). Because Harry wasn't around, he didn't pick up any of the signs from Molly, and she didn't have the opportunity to casually talk to him about it. Mab even lampshades it in Cold Days (page 480 on Nook):
Harry's absence, especially after his frequent presence and mysterious example, is one of the things that engineered Molly's circumstances. So, in Mirror, Mirror, if he didn't pick up the Coin, maybe Molly never went warlock in the first place. I'd actually like that, because the Mirrorverse might be a bit boring if everything is objectively worse in every regard, you know?

I see either two things happening. Either Harry is more involved in Molly's training from an earlier point and thus prevents her from going warlock due to not picking up the coin. On the other hand, Harry could withdraw due to Susans (supposed death/turning) and once again misses the signs of Molly's training leading to a similar outcome as the prime reality or a worse outcome in which she is either dead or joined with supernatural bad guys in her quest for power.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 09:03:01 PM »
I think that were like five futures described in PG soulgaze. Which will we get in MM?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »
I think that were like five futures described in PG soulgaze. Which will we get in MM?

Here we go:
One was an emaciated version of Molly, as though she'd been starved or strung out on hard drugs, her eyes aglow with an unpleasant, fey light. One was her smiling and laughing, older and comfortably heavier, children surrounding her. A third faced me in a grey Warden's cloak, though a burn scar, almost a brand, marred the roundness of her left cheek. Still another reflection was Molly as she appeared now, though more secure, laughter dancing in her eyes. Another reflection showed her at a desk, working.

But the last...

The last reflection of Molly wasn't the girl. Oh, it looked like Molly, externally. But the eyes gave it away. They were flat as a reptile's, empty. She wore all black, including a black collar, and her hair had been dyed to match. Though she looked like Molly, like a human being, she was neither. She had become something else entirely, something very, very bad.

So six views:
1. Drug Addict Molly
2. Mother Molly with children
3. Warden Molly
4. Normal Molly (possibly apprenticed to Harry)
5. Non-supernatural normal Molly
6. Warlock Molly

I am going with whatever causes Harry the most pain. To me that is either Warden Molly who is firmly set against Harry (actively hates maybe) or Warlock Molly who is allied with Mirror Harry, but is evil and twisted.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »
The apprentice with the burn on her cheek. Harry's attitude changed enough that he went through with his ball o' sunshine.

Offline phi1601

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:34 PM »
1. Drug Addict Molly
2. Mother Molly with children
3. Warden Molly
4. Normal Molly (possibly apprenticed to Harry)
5. Non-supernatural normal Molly
6. Warlock Molly

Howcome Winter Lady Molly never showed up in that soulgaze? Was it because it was such an unlikely scenario? Or was it because becoming the Winter Lady wasn't Molly's choice, but a consequence of other's Choices.

If it's the second, MMHarry's choice in GP could open some possibilities to Molly that weren't shown to our Harry in the soulgaze.

That being said, from a doylist perspective, if Jim had a plan for MM-Molly back when he wrote PG, I can't imagine he would have written the soulgaze scene without giving us a hint of it.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »
I am going with whatever causes Harry the most pain. To me that is either Warden Molly who is firmly set against Harry (actively hates maybe) or Warlock Molly who is allied with Mirror Harry, but is evil and twisted.

Hate-filled Warden Molly could easily come to pass if Michael didn't make it out of GP or DM because of something -Harry did did differently. If she grew up on Charity blaming -Harry for her beloved father's death, coming into her power later could look like a fate-given chance to bring -Harry to justice.

If Morgan doesn't bite it in the alternate timeline, Molly as his fanatical apprentice on the hunt for -Harry would make for a really entertaining pair of antagonists.