Author Topic: Need help building a huntsmen  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Need help building a huntsmen
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:02 AM »
Looking for ideas on how I would be able to build a pure mortal similar to Lara Croft, but one whose occupation is a huntsmen. My limit is 6 (+2 for pure mortal makes it 8) and my skillpoints is 20. Its needed for a last of us esque like setting. My dm's words are that survival is all that matters and that. So far this is what I've managed to come up with.

High concept: humanity's last hope (dm said all players should have this)

Trouble: not sure what this should be
Great: survival, weapons
Good endurance, athletics
Fair stealth, investigation
Average: alertness, might

All input is deeply appreciated and if you need me to better explain. Then please do not hesitate to ask and I will be sure to clarify. I would like to make survival my go to skill in pertaining to stunts. Or if you have ideas. Please share.

Powers are not allowed and everyone has to be pure mortal in game.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Need help building a huntsmen
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »
Looks pretty good. Guns/Bows might be more appropriate for a hunter than Weapons, though.

Can't say I like the idea of sharing a High Concept with the other players; maybe talk to the GM about dropping it down to a regular Aspect?

A stunt letting you use Survival instead Craftsmanship for survival-related crafts might be worthwhile.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:13:07 AM »
I made a Scottish huntsman for a game and loved it.   I'll look for it and post it to give you ideas.

Same refresh and skill points that you are looking for.  He's a very competent tracker

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,38555.msg1894228.html#msg1894228

The stunts are in their own spoiler tag
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:17:54 AM by Taran »

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:54:24 AM »
Thank you kindly, this is definitely what I was looking for. Though my dm is a bit of a stickler for creativity, I can definitely see myself playing a character like this. Never thought about using Survival to attack with, that is very impressive. Thank you very much!

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 01:01:14 AM »
Also, to echo Sanctaphrax, Humanity's last hope sounds more like a trouble than a high concept. 

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 04:55:54 AM »
+1 on not HC'ing identically for  PC's!
(especially a "stickler for creativity??!?)

Maybe consider FateFractal'ing the Team, or tha Campaign, and using "Last Hope" there ... ?