Author Topic: What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books  (Read 8859 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »
Due to incessant trollage, ima lock this thread when i'm not adding stuff. PM me(except for you Firn, this isn't an invitation to take trolling to pm, and i'll answer your add and answer your questions here.

Since the end is nigh, I've decided to stop holding back anything I have on the DF's future timelines. So sparing myself any great build up or purpose in writing, if anyone has questions, chances are good I have answers.
1Nemesis in and beyond reality will manifest in 3 distinct forms, the Mother, Harry's own Mother turned immortal/angel/passed beyond into the role of N,(similar happened Slate to Hwwb4 if you examine the image he forced upon Harry in CD, this is why Mab drove him crazy, break his hold/understanding of reality) The Wife, which is mostly Elaine, But Murphy as the chooser starborn is probably infected to some extent even if it has no hold. And the maid, The little girl Marcone wanted to save is the original line N used to grip in reality. Wasn't intentional but it's pretty much the same aspect they used in the silent Hill movie, little girl injured gives way for the darkness to mirror her and use her free will. Her getting back into her body is going to be hugely bad.(they keep trying to take/mirror a crazy young woman who uses magic) Also Bonnie is easily seduced until she gains free will, she exists in an imbalance from Lasciel being locked away, Lasciel can use her as her form of influence right now.
2 Harry's DH on DR is going to have a larger purpose, after everything stops he's going to restart reality with his 'be' spell, sucking all life through the vortex and kickstarting reality back off again. In doing so he will become the 'soul' of old gods via a Nrylahotep existence as the gatekeeper himself, as he touches the alpha and omega... which is highly metaphoric for him being both the end and beginning of reality, just like original verse. GK knows so much because he's from the future, watching it all change and happen in his head from his 'history'.
3 My old theory of 5 jumps in MM to create pentagram in time... Harry ends up saving 5 versions of himself at least, These 5 are the 5 versions of merlin who make DR 5 times at the same time. they twist the timelines together like the stem of the life tree, which is representative of multiverse branch theory.
4 Bonnie kills Murphy because she doesn't understand pancakes are inanimate and ppl are alive. She then comes back bonded to Bonnie as Athena reborn. everybody always points at Valkyrie/Gard, but forget she's just one version the warrior princess archetype.
5 Marcone rises as KoTC because the one thing he'd do anything to save is that little girl who who became Nemesis' vessel, only with the redeemers blade is this possible.
6 Nic's purity is corrupted by Nemesis, so he's not pure evil anymore.
7 Mab's last favor is for Harry to kill her with Medea's Bodkin on the stone table, giving the power she holds as the last Guardian of everness... err reality
8 Mac is one of the previos ages walkers/horsemen, he and the rest of the team sit it out in favor of choice and freedom of will. When the Fae court, the KotC and the walkers become one again we will see the Horsemen as they originally were.
9Harry has to break every law of Magic so he can become the sponser for valid reasons to use it, ending it's inbalance in reality and negating N's current foothold similar to how TWC redeemed Sin as an unbalanced force to Gaia's dark Seraphim, Satan, whom was then replaced by Nemesis/Lilith.
10 Gawain is in DR as English guy, various clues all over, Woj on his shield which has a pentagram on it, his green/grey cloak equivalent of a wardens, Susan asking about if Michael was a sleeping Knight awaiting the day the world needs him. But mostly because when I originally busted this out Serak let more known in his blustered reply than he realized. Interrogation is easy when you have no linear brain but a lot of intuition lol.

11# after MM Harry wears the hat from the cover, due to timeline shifting/variances.
12 Mavra is trying to become a living goddess, Nemesis in reality by using the DH.
13Cowl is Justin in Simons Body, Elaine is a fine thrall, used her skills to break the wards to acquire a suitable body.
13 When Billy finds the lost Alpha's it will turn out one of them is Nfected/mirroring the rage demon aspect found in Denton. Also, the Alpha's represent the Odin connection to wolves while the 'Pack' from FM represent the dualistic opposite, that Odin dies by a wolf. So Harry has both side to the coin, just like Odin does there.
" My apartment is in the basement of a huge old, rooming house that somehow managed to survive all the Chicago fires"
 First sentence, of second paragraph of Chapter 7, FOOL MOON
LC survived and will be used as a thaumaturgy connection to reach back through time/travel effect the past. The Build up all in one spot in was from arriving through it.

That's certainly not all I know, but seems enough for the moment.
Got questions? cause I got answers ::)

*i'd modify my profile but I honestly don't remember my passwords for any of this... Suffice it to say if we're going down I want ya'll to know,
The Prophet Sibelis LIVES!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:33:15 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »
2 Harry's DH on DR is going to have a larger purpose, after everything stops he's going to restart reality with his 'be' spell, sucking all life through the vortex and kickstarting reality back off again. In doing so he will become the 'soul' of old gods via a Nrylahotep existence as the gatekeeper himself, as he touches the alpha and omega... which is highly metaphoric for him being both the end and beginning of reality, just like original verse. GK knows so much because he's from the future, watching it all change and happen in his head from his 'history'

I had and proposed a similar thought as to Demonreach and Harry with Demonreach acting as an umbilical cord for the new universe following BAT.  It also has similarities in Norse Mythology of a couple seeking safety within Yggdrasil to start a new world.  So I like having Bonnie, Bob, Harry and his Allies becoming in someway, part of a new realities mythology that resembles much of our own's mythology. Though I already like some of those effects to already be in the background of what we are reading.

6 Nic's purity is corrupted by Nemesis, so he's not pure evil anymore.
I like the idea that Nic's free will has been corrupted and that Uriel at some point gets to counter it.  This way, I can fashion a chance for a new life for him in the past, maybe even him having a new body/soul say of Harry's father, Malcolm Dresden who falls in love or is sought out by Maggie Sr.  Maggie Sr. and Nic have history by the way.  And, I could think of nothing else to gross Harry out more than Harry learning that he is related to Nicodemus either immediately or even distantly.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:54:06 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »
I had and proposed a similar thought as to Demonreach and Harry with Demonreach acting as an umbilical cord for the new universe following BATIt also has similarities in Norse Mythology of a couple seeking safety within Yggdrasil to start a new world.  So I like having Bonnie, Bob, Harry and his Allies becoming in someway, part of a new realities mythology that resembles much of our own's mythology.
Indeed, they are the new generation. If you apply that to starborn generational theory, then literally, they are the new versions, the new gen.
Was unaware of the bold part, but it makes #3 that much more a likely as 'the life tree'
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:51:06 PM by jonas »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »
*i'd modify my profile but I honestly don't remember my passwords for any of this... Suffice it to say if we're going down I want ya'll to know,
The Prophet Sibelis LIVES!!!!!!!!!

What is this about?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:39:17 PM »
Aren't you wizard nelson too jonas?  Or not?

What is this about?
At some point in upcoming future, we will be migrating the forum to a new home.  So help us find one.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
Aren't you wizard nelson too jonas?  Or not?
At some point in upcoming future, we will be migrating the forum to a new home.  So help us find one.
Lol, perhaps, perhaps...
I died once already, if this place goes I probably won't be resurrected again...  You may find Sibelis on wiki though. Made a profile so I could share the unwritten wizards rule from Sword of truth with the fandom... a lot of people really didn't get it unfortunately, to the point they had an erranious entry on the wiki ;(

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »
We have now reached level 11 Tin Foil Hat status...good grief Jim, get the damn book out before there's no sane ones left.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 05:59:44 PM »
We have now reached level 11 Tin Foil Hat status...good grief Jim, get the damn book out before there's no sane ones left.
Lol, except at one point in time  I had a whole notebook full of clues directly from Books and Woj about why these are things. Nobody seemed to appreciate a break down on what's what in the DF when they can't see it themselves or realize it's value post series as a comprehensive work, like all those studies and workbooks on Shakespeare.
i'm not a single lvl below 9000 (angry face) and btw, remember how Credit cards got those digital readers in them? the military issues it's Members tin foil sleeves to put their security cards in so they can't be read from a distance... So tin foil really does block distant radio waves, go figure.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:01:46 PM by jonas »

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »
Ah yes, The Book of WAG.

15 books into this series have we actually seen a payoff to any of the conspiracy theories? Because if Jim's prior comments are to be believed, the series is about 75% done, and there just hasn't been any sort of "AH HA!" type stuff.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »
Jim is annoyingly not closing up loose ends.  He is leaving many of them outstanding.  It's led to widespread where is this going.  There is too much ambiguity of how it can play out.  I already reached the point where there is no point of speculating anymore without having more source material, aka new book.  I'm just talking about what I had already thought. It's not new stuff.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:21:28 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
Ah yes, The Book of WAG.

15 books into this series have we actually seen a payoff to any of the conspiracy theories? Because if Jim's prior comments are to be believed, the series is about 75% done, and there just hasn't been any sort of "AH HA!" type stuff.
Ahh the classic Lurker/troll. My old Nemesis'. actually yes, we have, especially Ms Duck's Badgalyn of quackyness. Lacuna the tooth fairy, WC being after Molly was prewagged, the Sacrifical robe susan wore, ect. ect.I'm sure if I looked in the refence section I could find a half dozen more...
Take heart though, You'll only have to read book 16 next year before I can laugh and laugh and laugh at all the naysayers... I look forward to it really. Damn shame I won't be able to lambast them here. if you give me your email i'll be sure to remind you if you like though :)

@rai, do a reread, everytime I do I find new stuff. granted it might be cause my perspective is very loose as my personal memories are not very strongly associated with a sense of self.
*took me like a dozen times to realize the horses they ride in SK are the same colors as are rode by the horsemen of the apocalypse... less time after that to put walkers as horsemen without beast of burden via Magog/Eldest Gruff comment.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:27:12 PM by jonas »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »

Well I hope these forums are around for a long while.  I think that a migration would probably lead to a participation drop off.  That being said I have considered purchasing something like Paranet.info or some other Dresden files inspired site for the purpose of a discussion board. I have never run anything like that, and not sure how much of a hassle it is. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 07:06:36 PM »
Next year? THAT's sadly the craziest of your predictions.

Can't call Molly a WAG. It was made pretty obvious that was a possibility when Harry soul gazed her. You lost me on the duck thing. Lacuna's been in one book and again, not exactly conspiracy level stuff. It's a cute nod to the reader that can be confirmed with a dictionary.  At any rate there's a far cry between a little wink wink and what you're saying.

Good luck with your fanfic though, you've certainly put the time in.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 07:12:30 PM »
Next year? THAT's sadly the craziest of your predictions.

Can't call Molly a WAG. It was made pretty obvious that was a possibility when Harry soul gazed her. You lost me on the duck thing. Lacuna's been in one book and again, not exactly conspiracy level stuff. It's a cute nod to the reader that can be confirmed with a dictionary.  At any rate there's a far cry between a little wink wink and what you're saying.

Good luck with your fanfic though, you've certainly put the time in.
See? and this is why I tried to point out ppl with very few posts coming in and belittling members. Funny I draw attention to whom I really am and suddenly start seeing the same thing I avoided in ignominy before...
Ms Duck talked about them wanting Molly specifically Waaaayy before PG, like after GP btw and Lacuna means empty space and is generally a musical term, not to denote a space in the teeth. That's what was wagged. Nothing about Lacuna's name herself gives it that, but combining it with her distaste for sweets and a little intuition and we have a theory. One so widely accepted you spit it as fact even... except to my knowledge Jim's never actually confirmed that.
*oh and Jim's timeline itself, says BC done in June, PT 12 weeks after, so in a bout a year you'll be reading PT... hardly a deduction.
thanks, good luck out there.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:14:51 PM by jonas »

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
Here are some additional theories.

The postman from book one was tt Dresden’s tt grandson who came to push Dresden in the right direction for a future event to occur in book 17. If he fails, Butcher has to re-write the series from that point in the first book with a slightly different trajectory till book 17 again with the grandson interfering at the series onset each time in slightly different manner until the desired outcome occurs.
Also, he left the partial burrito in Dresden’s car in a scene yet to be revealed.

The alphas are going to meet their mm selves who are called the omegas. If they touch, it will be like matter and antimatter colliding.

Santa will give tt, pre-winter lady Molly a special gift on jul in the past which will result in an affair and twin daughters who go on to get jobs as receptionists at daddy’s office.

Murphy has been learning to play the flute and will charm and posses snakes to do her bidding. The snakes will be an effective method of learning all secrets alla Nic’s shadow. Unfortunately, her powers will grow too strong and she will channel ouroboros and will become lost in a time/space paradox loop.