Author Topic: Who if anyone will Harry save in Mirror Mirror  (Read 5716 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Who if anyone will Harry save in Mirror Mirror
« on: October 10, 2017, 04:17:30 AM »
Well I'm wondering that there may be someone who has died in the previous books whom Harry might get an opportunity to save in Mirror Mirror.  Although he's not saving the actual person who died, in a way it will feel good for Harry to at least save them in another reality.  Of all the people who have died up to this point, who do you think would be cool to see saved?  I would start a poll but there are really a lot of people who have died so will just leave it up to you to write down, and why you'd like to see it.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who if anyone will Harry save in Mirror Mirror
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »
Morgan or Anna Ashe (WN) seem very likely. Susan was half-turned. Shiro was dying. Kim Delaney had died prior to GP.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Froklsnt

• Participant
  • Mister, where I come from, there is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
I'd expect Harry to end up a halfway-decent necromancer. Maybe he could even pull off the life-saving trick that Kumori used in DB. As for the who... I agree that the victims in WN seem like the best candidates. At least one of the girls in BR seems doable. Maybe Meryl (SK), but she mostly sacrificed herself. I don't think he'll save Morgan because I expect them to be more avowed enemies in MM.

One more idea which has all sorts of crazy-fun implications: Lily.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
Aurora.  She would be the one most important person to save to mend titanias heartbreak.  That is if she is still alive, and curable should she be nemfected.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »
Himself.

Get it?!   ;D

Because he died?!   ;D

Wait, you thought I meant the other -him?  Yeah no, that -dude is so getting killed by -Mab.

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
If your question is "of the people who died in the main story line, would any of them be alive in Mirror Mirror universe?", then I suggest
*  Morgan
*  Uncrippled Michael  (although I see this as very unlikely)
*  Kirby (one of the Alphas)
*  Maeve
*  Lilly

However, I think it is far more likely that "our" Harry will find some of his friends dead in the mirror mirror world.  Candidates include Butters, Billy/Georgia, and Rawlings.     

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:46:17 PM »
However, I think it is far more likely that "our" Harry will find some of his friends dead in the mirror mirror world.  Candidates include Butters, Billy/Georgia, and Rawlings.   

Michael and / or Thomas might very well not have survived in the mirror timeline, either as consequences of Harry's initial divergent choice in GP or somewhere between then and the present era of the story.

Saving Mirror Morgan's life in some situation where -Harry absolutely would have left him to die or killed him personally might be one way to shock him out of trying to kill prime Harry, though, if Jim wants to write it that way. For that matter, it could be interesting if Mirror Peabody framed him for something else that would attract somewhat lower priority for revenge than assassinating LaFortier, and he's been surviving on the run long term as a lone actor while still an enemy of -Harry.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
I  see Luccio has taking blame for LaFortier and Morgan going medieval on all law breakers.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 02:07:09 AM »
I  see Luccio has taking blame for LaFortier and Morgan going medieval on all law breakers.

I kind of doubt TC would have gone down quite the same way. With Harry at least on the way to a darker path in DB, odds are pretty good that something in the chain of events that leads to Luccio getting body-swapped and made vulnerable to major compulsion would play out differently. Either she's not swapped, or dies entirely.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 03:27:04 AM »
If your question is "of the people who died in the main story line, would any of them be alive in Mirror Mirror universe?", then I suggest
*  Morgan
*  Uncrippled Michael  (although I see this as very unlikely)
*  Kirby (one of the Alphas)
*  Maeve
*  Lilly

IIRC he's supposed to maybe show up again in book 17 so this one is probably the most likeliest of the bunch.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 06:53:22 AM »
Well I'm wondering that there may be someone who has died in the previous books whom Harry might get an opportunity to save in Mirror Mirror.  Although he's not saving the actual person who died, in a way it will feel good for Harry to at least save them in another reality.  Of all the people who have died up to this point, who do you think would be cool to see saved?  I would start a poll but there are really a lot of people who have died so will just leave it up to you to write down, and why you'd like to see it.
I'm not really certain how to approach this question, if only because there are multiple ways to do so. There's the first, and most obvious, which has been discussed a lot below: "Who might Harry save in the Mirrorverse?" Assuming self-containment. The other way I see this question, and the potentially far more interesting(though possibly less-likely) is: "Who does Harry save in the Primeverse via retrieving their alternate self from the Mirrorverse?"

This reason I suggest this alternative spin on the question is the, honestly, if MM ends up being a self-contained side-trip done solely for the thrill of having Harry jump dimensions... it will be a waste. SOMETHING that happens in the Mirrorverse MUST effect what goes down in the Primeverse. Or, why does it happen at all? So! I put forward that Harry - in the tradition of Star Treck and Anne McCafrey's Dragonflight and lots and lots of other time-travel stories everywhere - brings someone BACK with him. Or, at least learns something MAJOR while in the Mirrorverse. Both? I don't know.

But, I figured I'd throw the possibility out there for people to speculate on. If it were to happen, I doubt it would be Morgan. He's not really the kind of guy to skirt the edges of the Laws.

NOTE: I couldn't find a pithy way to fit this last part in, so I'm just gonna put it out there, too. Another option could even be that Harry - in his fashion of doing silly things with magic - brings back someone who DIDN'T die yet. So, we get two of the same person, but with wildly different experiences over the last decade, running around.

Thoughts?
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »
I think I prefer him to bring some object or item back as an ace in hole, a little secret that nobody knows.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
Hannah Asher. They are both on the run and wanted by the Wardens. Harry will take the opportunity to save her from getting stuck as Lasciel's Host.
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »
Hannah Asher. They are both on the run and wanted by the Wardens. Harry will take the opportunity to save her from getting stuck as Lasciel's Host.

I'm kind of expecting -Harry to have taken up the coin himself, unless things had already diverged so far by DM that Nicodemus never offered it to him.

The other way I see this question, and the potentially far more interesting(though possibly less-likely) is: "Who does Harry save in the Primeverse via retrieving their alternate self from the Mirrorverse?"

It's not like we can do this every week. We get three or four more of these, tops.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:53:37 PM by Snark Knight »

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 03:44:26 PM »
I'm kind of expecting -Harry to have taken up the coin himself, unless things had already diverged so far by DM that Nicodemus never offered it to him.

Its certainly possible, but I'm guessing that if Mirror Harry is resorting to body-snatching as a way of keeping the White Council off his trail, he probably doesn't have the Coin. The Denarians never seem to be desperately looking for ways to evade pursuit. Quite the contrary, they usually seem to be pretty well off and reasonably secure in their place in the world except when the Knights of the Cross show up. Also, if Mirror Harry had Lasciel's Coin, he would be a part of the Denarians as a whole, which would make him another signatory of the Accords, and as such, insulated from any sort of punitive measures the White Council would want to dish out.

I like the Asher angle since she would represent some sort of kindred soul to Mirror Harry. On the run from the White Council. A powerful wizard who feels railroaded by the White Council's draconian rules that they feel are out of line with how Harry and Hannah feel their situations should be viewed, and so on. I can also easily see our Harry meeting up with Mirror Hannah and, knowing full well how she turned out when she took up Lasciel's Coin in our universe, he tries to help her to keep her from ending up the same way. I could also easily see Jim having our Harry bring her back to our universe. The White Council here think's she's dead, and doing so would put her beyond the reach of the Mirror White Council. Having our Harry "save" Mirror Hannah would also give Jim an easy way to have Harry retcon something from our universe without throwing things completely out of whack.
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not