Poll

Harry knocking over Ares Woodshed

Harry starting and ending the war with the Ramps impinged on Ares' territory
Harry acquiring the weapons from Hades vault
Harry having done something already, unknowingly upsetting Ares
Something in PT or MM that hasn't happened yet

Author Topic: Ares' Wood Shed... now with a Poll  (Read 7158 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Ares' Wood Shed...
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 09:45:28 PM »
I could see it as Hades is protector of the weapon's and Are's is more directly concerned with testing those who have them, as holders of War's greatest weapons on earth?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 09:49:23 PM »
I don't think Hades is Ares.  They have different temperaments.  That said they can have different mantles that have different temperaments.

Anyways, there is WOJ that the gods ask Hades for someone to help with their godly problem, and Hades having interacted with Harry suggests Harry to them.  They then proceed with his advice and go with him to solve it.
I didn't watch the video so I may be mistaken, but it may be that Harry has yet to knock over Ares' woodshed. So, perhaps it hasn't happened yet.
that was in part my original question, was whether or not people thought it had happened already, or was still to come, maybe in PT?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »
Can you link the video in the OP.  Maybe also shoot a post of the link to some 'report new WOJ thread'.

The order of the books per WOJ are:
Peace Talks
Mirror Mirror
(Fight Night)* My title for wrestling book that Murphy alluded to in telling Harry "save it for fight night big guy."

1)  at one point (24:10) when talking about future books, Jim says that the wrestling book will come about because Harry has come to the gods attention when he "knocked over Ares' woodshed"... ok I'd always assumed it was when he had his interview with Hades... when has/is he intruding on Ares' territory? Assuming he hasn't already, will it be PT or MM?
I could see Harry in climactic fight or escape from -MirrorMirror knocking over Ares' woodshed near the end either in Harry's or -Harry's reality.  It most likely will be collateral damage with Harry like so much other things.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:41:55 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:08 AM »
Perhaps Ares was one of the depositors in Marcone's vault that they went through? It's possible he inflicted some property damage while fighting Tessa and was too preoccupied with staying alive to notice whose holdings he made a mess of.

In that case I can see Ares taking it sort of along the lines of "I'm impressed, but you still owe me for that".

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 12:49:50 AM »
Nah, I want more story of an event that hasn't happened yet.  Just my preference.

I'm still waiting for Larry Fowler to be a god on the talk show circuit. :)  Or he is at least some supernatural entity.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:55:55 AM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 04:03:44 AM »
As was pointed out in Hades' vault, the truth is there within the legend, if one reads between the lines.

Well Ares, and Mars are at least in mythology one in the same.  He's not only the god of war but also considered a guardian deity.  Also an agricultural guardian, and considered second, only to Jupiter.  So Ares may be a savage god with no redeeming qualities, or possibly if he is also Mars which he's supposed to be in mythology he may have redeeming qualities.

"Although Ares was viewed primarily as a destructive and destabilizing force, Mars represented military power as a way to secure peace,"

"the myths of Ares were reinterpreted by Roman writers under the name of Mars"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:06:45 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 05:02:36 AM »
Well Ares, and Mars are at least in mythology one in the same.  He's not only the god of war but also considered a guardian deity.  Also an agricultural guardian, and considered second, only to Jupiter.  So Ares may be a savage god with no redeeming qualities, or possibly if he is also Mars which he's supposed to be in mythology he may have redeeming qualities.

"Although Ares was viewed primarily as a destructive and destabilizing force, Mars represented military power as a way to secure peace,"

"the myths of Ares were reinterpreted by Roman writers under the name of Mars"
That's the problem with simplification of pantheons.  Because they were both gods of war, they're considered equivalents, or even the same.  But they're not.  They have different origins, personalities, and roles within their pantheons.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 03:40:34 PM »
I always interpreted Ares as Violent Conflict and Mars as War—both bloody, but not identical.

Some of the stuff in Hades's Vault (his actual vault, not the one Marcone operates) might've belonged to Ares. The woodshed might also have been the Red Court itself; they've always struck me as a bunch of tools (*rimshot*).

Good to hear a timeline about the book releases, if nothing else; just one more year...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 05:43:46 PM »
That's the problem with simplification of pantheons.  Because they were both gods of war, they're considered equivalents, or even the same.  But they're not.  They have different origins, personalities, and roles within their pantheons.

Yeah.  At the end of the day, Jim will decide how it's done.  Because there are Mantles, and in most cases it appears that powerful being's have multiple Mantles, I'm thinking that Ares/Mars may be distinct Mantles worn by the same person.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 07:27:21 PM »
Maybe Mars is Ares 2.0, a new guy with the mantle and more into agriculture.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »
Just guessing this is figurative. Dresden started a huge war, perhaps leading the war god to take note of him.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »
If you'll think back to the fight in Hade's vault, there was also a bit of destruction.

There is a compelling reason to believe that Ares' woodshed was "knocked over" during the battle and we just didn't pick up on it.

Also, I like the thought that Harry's manner of ending the war with the Rampires would have been a figurative way for him to have knocked over Ares' woodshed (war).
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »
I've narrowed it down to basically 4 primary options and added a poll (my first).  I'd be interested in seeing where people stand on it.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Ares' Wood Shed... now with a Poll
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »
Went with Red court War, Ares in the Hercules/Xenaverse always keeps a bunch of noob would be world conquerers around to keep the action hot. I could see Fight Night as Ares challenging Harry for his actions. Testing his Mettle.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ares' Wood Shed... now with a Poll
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »
I went with Hades vault, mainly because of the phrase "knocking over."
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?