Author Topic: Did Cowl teach....  (Read 3056 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Did Cowl teach....
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:26:39 AM »
Did Cowl teach the spirit how to eat Harry's magic? 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Did Cowl teach....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:39:40 AM »
What spirit?  Do you mean the Nightmare from GP?  I thought it was assumed that Mavra or Bianca trained him.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:55 AM »
What spirit?  Do you mean the Nightmare from GP?  I thought it was assumed that Mavra or Bianca trained him.

Yes.  Assumed, but Cowl was hanging around.  For that matter is Cowl training/controlling Mavra?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:55:33 AM »
I just thought that was just a natural part of him being a spirit- like how those Ghosts at the start of GS tried to eat Harry's essence for sustinence.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 09:52:01 AM »
Eating/devouring I think is more a vampire thing than a necromancer thing.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »
Eating/devouring I think is more a vampire thing than a necromancer thing.

Yes but a vampire can't teach someone to feed.  You either are, or aren't a vampire.  Also controlling the dead is a necromancer thing, that includes spirits.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
You know, now that you mention it, mavra May indeed be controlled by another.  I just wouldn't jump to conclude that it is cowl.

One option is that the blackstaff has a handle on mavra.  But aside from that, it would be interesting to see her trying to shake loose a puppetmaster, say like cowl.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 05:35:53 AM »
You know, now that you mention it, mavra May indeed be controlled by another.  I just wouldn't jump to conclude that it is cowl.

One option is that the blackstaff has a handle on mavra.  But aside from that, it would be interesting to see her trying to shake loose a puppetmaster, say like cowl.

Good call.  I could see Eb using her in this way.  Not sure if he is, but could see it.  I wonder if when Eb was there to lock her down, he used necromancy, and made her his slave.  Through her he obtained the Book of Kemmler which he has plans for.

Offline Froklsnt

• Participant
  • Mister, where I come from, there is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
How much have we explored the idea that the Mavra we know is actually a puppet being operated by Cowl and Kumori? I suppose it makes the scene at Bock's in DB a bit problematic, but it fits together pretty well otherwise.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
How much have we explored the idea that the Mavra we know is actually a puppet being operated by Cowl and Kumori? I suppose it makes the scene at Bock's in DB a bit problematic, but it fits together pretty well otherwise.

I agree...  Even if now Cowl, I think someone is pulling her strings.  Maybe even Drakul