Poll

Dresden vs Marcone in Changes?

Marcone and company would successfully neutralize Harry
1 (10%)
Dresden in his rage crushes them all like tin cans
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Butcher Battle #20: Harry Dresden vs John Marcone - Changes battle  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Thatguywhocomesaround

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Butcher Battle #20: Harry Dresden vs John Marcone - Changes battle
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »
So, in Changes Harry threatened he'd hurt Marcone until he gave him what he wanted. Now, obviously Marcone handled it in a professional 'saintly' manner as usual, but what if for some reason - both men came to odds right there. Yes, unlikely - just ya know? What if circumstances were different and they had.

Marcone is armed with weaponry of course (guns, knives, whatever he'd come equipped with), Hendricks and Gard are with him. He is also - of course, aware his meeting Harry and has taken proper precautions.

Dresden is alone at start, but Molly isn't far away (in the car outside- if I recall) may enter the fray possibly. This is them both at their Changes power level - Pre - Winter Knight Harry

Harry is fighting for information and is willing to go all out

Marcone and company are fighting for kill

Starting Location: Burger King
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:00:29 AM by Thatguywhocomesaround »

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
Re: Butcher Battle #20: Harry Dresden vs John Marcone - Changes battle
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 01:36:38 AM »
Marcone, no contest. Hendricks pulls his gun on an old couple and they use them as hostages to get some safe distance. In doing so, Marcone or Hendricks pushes a little button which alerts all troubleshooter in range that Harry is an immediate target. While Gard stalls, the troubleshooter gets in place and picks off Harry with a sniper rifle.   

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 02:13:36 AM »
Harry.

By a landslide.

Because as we learned in Changes, you don't mess with someone in the seat of their domain.  We saw it with Vadderung, and we saw it with Erlking.  It took three SotC, fourteen of the most powerful wizards/spellcasters in the world, the second most powerful creature in Winter, a powerful SoI, a retired god, and a Winter Knight in "let the world burn" mode to overcome the seat of power of the Ramps.

There's no way Marcone, Hendricks, and Gard could defeat Harry in his.

So, like I said.

The Burger King.  FTW.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 03:49:01 AM »
Harry, and not with rage but with Wizardly insight. He'd strike at Marcone's personal weaknesses and plan ahead for his defenses. Harry would treat it with the seriousness such a thing deserves.... And totally Home Court advantage too. Marcone wouldn't allow innocents to get killed unnecessarily so it would limit his choice of caliber and use of explosives.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 03:58:59 AM »
Harry.

By a landslide.

Because as we learned in Changes, you don't mess with someone in the seat of their domain.  We saw it with Vadderung, and we saw it with Erlking.  It took three SotC, fourteen of the most powerful wizards/spellcasters in the world, the second most powerful creature in Winter, a powerful SoI, a retired god, and a Winter Knight in "let the world burn" mode to overcome the seat of power of the Ramps.

There's no way Marcone, Hendricks, and Gard could defeat Harry in his.

So, like I said.

The Burger King.  FTW.

Harry's seat of power isn't Burger King though, it's  Demonreach Pizza 'Spress

He's the Za Lord, not the Burger King

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 04:44:03 AM »
Harry's seat of power isn't Burger King though, it's  Demonreach Pizza 'Spress

He's the Za Lord, not the Burger King
He only has one crown.

I snagged a golden paper crown from one of the bags and idly
joined it into a circle and put it on my head. Susan blinked at
me, then let out a brief laugh.
   “I am,” I intoned, with an imperious narrowing of my eyes, “the
burger king.”
King trumps Lord.

And thus did his reign begin. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:46:59 AM by Griffyn612 »

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
dresden wins the monument molly pulls her veils and let Persephone walk for few seconds marcone dies ( either by sneak attack or harry going papa dresden on him

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »
dresden wins the monument molly pulls her veils and let Persephone walk for few seconds marcone dies ( either by sneak attack or harry going papa dresden on him
Err that's a good point, strike at him through his weaknesses would prolly be letting Ms. Beckett shoot him in the back while Harry acts as a noisy distraction.

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »
I think that you all are vastly overestimating what Harry is able to do. I know that TC said that Harry is willing to go all-out, presumably even breaking the laws of magic. However, if his goal is information, he wouldn't just be immediately blasting Marcone to powder.

There is a reason that Harry is more afraid of Marcone than most anything else Supernatural. He has an incredible level of planning, preparation, and resources. He's also incredibly smart. And Harry, despite all his power, is still a glass cannon. One unexpected bullet ends him, like anyone else.

Is it possible at all that Marcone entered into this meeting with Dresden without a way to get out if the worst case scenario happened?  Very unlikely. They're going to treat a Dresden on assault with the maximum level of threat, which means that there's no holds barred. Their goals are to have Marcone break contact in order to escape.  And thinking that Marcone doesn't have other guards nearby ready is just foolish.

Harry and Molly going against Marcone is like two Queens trying to take on a chessboard with one King and a full assortment of Rooks, Bishops, Knights, and Pawns. No, individually they're not as powerful. But they'll out-maneuver him.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
If it's that way we must include all of Harry's allies, Small folk, Murphy, favors he can pull in, ect. Harry's kinda the back up guy... an Ms. Becket remains an ace in the hole.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »
In that fight, I'd say Harry, in a matter of seconds.

He unloads his force rings into Hendricks while he pops up his shield for Gard's first swing.

The only thing I could think would stop him would be Marcone chucking a knife into his throat. The shield would have to be instant, or he's dead. If he does that, well, forzare, forzare, forzare. Burgers for everyone.

That said, I don't think Marcone and Dresden will ever come to life-or-death blows. They're usually operating at cross-purposes, sure, but... I think Harry actually likes him. And Marcone likes him, too. There's a respect there that I find incredibly fun to read, and it's gone the second they fight for keeps. I think Jim values their frenemies status, and will do his best to keep it that way.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:13 AM »
hmmm  I'd say it's a coin flip.  There is a good chance Harry is able to kill them all but I think there is also a pretty good chance that either Marcone, Hendricks, or Gard land a lethal shot on Harry.

I think the wild card is Gard.  Harry's main advantage will be his shield bracelet blocking bullets.  There is also a chance Marcone has his magic bullet that Gard has made for him that Harry will not expect, getting him killed.  Even if Marcone doesn't have a magic bullet, Gard may have a way to render Harry's shield meaningless or at least do something that stuns, confuses, or severely drains his magical reserves.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »
It could go either way, Haarry has the power advantage and Marcone has the prepared advantage. The place will be wrecked with whoppers and fries everywhere.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?