Author Topic: Arsonist Fae  (Read 11043 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Arsonist Fae
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 05:21:06 PM »
Nope. I'm stating what's stated in the books. No reaching at all.
Which was n8ot linearly germaine to my actual question there.
Right, does "ambush unsuspecting victims" sound like something that's going to be strong and resilient?

Look at nature. Ambush predators avoid stand-up fights because they can't do stand-up fights.
Which is again towards my point, not away from it.
Right, so we're going into pure childishness here?
Considering Jim wrote those same words you might wanna bite your tongue, because that's two forum members you just directly insulted there.
Irrelevant. Ace is still nothing special. You're moving the goalposts with every answer.
You keep moving them in every reply, so I match.. like summer to winter lol . My points still stand in the same spots, you've outright refused to acknowledge or refute them.
Not playing that card at all. There's no nuance to what you're saying. You're making things up and ignoring the text of the books in some weird attempt to make Ace out to be more important than he is.
I'm pointing out relevant things mentioned directly in the books and expounded upon in monologue actually. Harry comments on how wiley Ace is very directly.
That's still not Mab's motivation. Her motivation has nothing to do with Harry or balance, any more than it did when she cured Lea.
MW directly comments on her motivation actually and it shows in and of itself the thematic romantizing in their balance.
She says as much, and she can't lie.
She can be mistaken.
I've pointed to the text of the books. Repeatedly. You've ignored the text of the books. Repeatedly. There isn't a "thematic" reason to bring Ace back. He's a low-level flunky who wasn't even good at the meager jobs he tried to do. His story is that of the tragic coward. You know how Harry's a medium fish in a large pond? Ace is a minnow.
to coin a phrase, illrelavent.
I think if you look through my posts, I never said it wasn't possible. I said it's not going to happen because Ace doesn't matter, he's not a "balance" to Harry, he was shot dead by Harry in territory where Summer had no influence, and Titania isn't going to bother because she can barely be arsed to do anything at all these days.

The idea that anyone is going to revive Ace involves ignoring all of that and appending importance and ability to him that he just plain does not have.
Except, as I just quoted (empirical evidence, remember?) Mab outright and explicitly says they're hunting Harry in specific relation to Marcone's capture.

The Gruffs themselves say they're hunting Harry in specific relation to Marcone's capture.

The idea that it's balance for the Fetches is never once suggested by anyone in the course of the whole book. That's not "reasoned deduction," that's jumping to a totally unsupported conclusion.
It's not meant to be a mystery. They are explicitly clear why they're acting. You're looking for a "mystery" to justify the idea that Ace could come back, when there is in reality nothing there.
Mab says they're Summer's Emissary. She can't lie.

And that Summer sent a hit squad was my point. That Summer does not mirror Winter's action with the same action, and I was saying so to refute the point that Ace must have been revived from being shot on Lake Michigan because of your assertion that he would have because that's what Winter did for Harry.

You are, again, moving the goalposts.
You're jumping to conclusions on things the books never say, and in fact indicate the opposite. You're stuck on this idea that Ace is some kind of nemesis of Harry, when that's simply not the case.

Just saying "it proves my point" doesn't make it true. I've already addressed that point.
the rest seems to be you spinning the circle so i'll go back to my original elements, Ace thematically challenges harry in his wiley status and mirrors him in reality, a common and important trope that doesn't match up directly as a mirror, but crosses characters.
And His 'death' being a precise parallel was neither doyalist or watsonianly a coincidence. period. As far as i'm concerned this convo is over, drop it or risk actually acting childish..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:26:42 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Arsonist Fae
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »
I directly and clearly answered your posts with direct citations from the text of the books to support my point. There isn't any "precise parallel" between Ace and Harry's deaths, and even if there was, that would not be nearly enough reason for Titania to bother.

The point is that Ace is not nearly important enough to Winter, Summer, Fomor, or even his own dad to go to the trouble of saving him to use him against a guy who he's already failed to do substantial harm to several times.

He's a goon, a flunky, he's irrelevant to the greater scheme of things, and he's dead. It makes no sense to say Titania's going to go to all this effort to save someone who she doesn't even apparently know about, to pursue a purpose she self-admits she doesn't care about and was talked out of.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:23:53 PM by Mr. Death »
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast