Author Topic: Arsonist Fae  (Read 11038 times)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Arsonist Fae
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 07:30:08 PM »
You think someone that brought the kind of pain, and suffering to Slate would consider the account settled for the death of her daughter?  I don't believe so...  I would not be remotely shocked if Mab's idea of settling the account would be to murder Murphy's future child...  Or to enslave her child...  Or maybe torturing Murphy until she's begging for death, only to punish her for years more to come.
Mab point blank ordered Harry to kill Maeve.

Murphy was effectively working for Harry there, to do something that Mab explicitly ordered her knight to have done.

It'd be daft if Mab went out of her way to gain retribution for an act that she not only personally and directly enabled but that she had ordered her Knight to do in the first place. Is she also getting retribution against Harry for doing the things she explicitly ordered him to do?

Slate betrayed Mab personally. Murphy did the exact thing Mab wanted done with Mab's direct assistance. The two situations are not at all comparable.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
Mab point blank ordered Harry to kill Maeve.

Murphy was effectively working for Harry there, to do something that Mab explicitly ordered her knight to have done.

It'd be daft if Mab went out of her way to gain retribution for an act that she not only personally and directly enabled but that she had ordered her Knight to do in the first place. Is she also getting retribution against Harry for doing the things she explicitly ordered him to do?

Slate betrayed Mab personally. Murphy did the exact thing Mab wanted done with Mab's direct assistance. The two situations are not at all comparable.

And Titania's response to Harry stopping Aurora from doing something that was of world ending proportions?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 07:52:01 PM »
And Titania's response to Harry stopping Aurora from doing something that was of world ending proportions?
... Was to yell at him and then say while she's mad, she's not going to harm him and in fact gives him helpful information.

And that's considering that Titania didn't order Harry to kill Aurora.

Look, point is, if you say, "I want this thing done," then you kinda forfeit any right to be mad about that thing being done. Especially if you directly help that thing be done.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:55:55 PM by Mr. Death »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 08:02:57 PM »
... Was to yell at him and then say while she's mad, she's not going to harm him and in fact gives him helpful information.

And that's considering that Titania didn't order Harry to kill Aurora.

Look, point is, if you say, "I want this thing done," then you kinda forfeit any right to be mad about that thing being done. Especially if you directly help that thing be done.

"I could feed you to my garden and make you scream the entire while.  I could visit torments on you that would make Lloyd Slate's fate seem kind by comparison.  I want to eat your heart"

"But she was mine.  I cannot forget that you took her from me.  I cannot forgive you that.  Take your life and leave this place"..

Sidhe don't lie.  She will not forget what he did, she will not forgive what he did, and she does want to eat his heart.  If she has the opportunity, meaning if Harry crosses a line that allows her to act, she will follow through.  I doubt Mab thinks any differently about Maeve's death.  Sidhe are not human and human logic does not translate to Fae belief. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 10:41:14 PM »
Mab absolutely thinks differently about Maeve's death. For one, Mab is the cold and logical one in direct contrast to Titania's hot-blooded emotion. Of course she's going to think differently, and that's even before bringing in the fact that, again, Mab not only ordered it done but directly assisted in it.

You could argue that she's more directly responsible for the death than Murphy or Harry was.

Aurora's death to Titania and Maeve's death to Mab are two different circumstances, involving two different beings with diametrically opposed views and modes of operation, who take different roles in the deaths and are going to react differently.

So no, you can't say that because Hot Blooded Emotional Titania is angry at Harry (but ultimately doesn't actually harm him) for killing her daughter, Cold and Logical Mab who ordered Harry to kill Maeve and directly assisted Murphy in killing her is going to go to extreme length to punish someone for an act that she willfully and completely supported and assisted in.

Offline jb3435

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 02:44:56 AM »
Last - Titania, cover the costs at the train station? Not likely. Though I think that Mac might have received some sort of compensation for his ceiling fans. Everyone in the Dresdenverse loves Mac.

I'd say respect more than love

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 03:31:50 AM »
"I could feed you to my garden and make you scream the entire while.  I could visit torments on you that would make Lloyd Slate's fate seem kind by comparison.  I want to eat your heart"

"But she was mine.  I cannot forget that you took her from me.  I cannot forgive you that.  Take your life and leave this place"..

Sidhe don't lie.  She will not forget what he did, she will not forgive what he did, and she does want to eat his heart.  If she has the opportunity, meaning if Harry crosses a line that allows her to act, she will follow through.  I doubt Mab thinks any differently about Maeve's death.  Sidhe are not human and human logic does not translate to Fae belief.

From Cold Days:
"The blame lies with me," Mab said quietly.  "I cared too much."
I realized something then, in that moment when Mab spoke.  She wasn't reacting as she should have been.  Cold rage, seething anger, megalomaniac outrage- any of those would have been something I would have considered utterly within her character.  But there was none of that in her face or voice.
Just . . . regret.  And resolution.

Mab fully anticipated the idea Maeve wouldn't back down, that like a rabid dog she would have to be killed.  But part of her, the part that remains at its core human, hoped in the insanity of desperation and a mother's love for her child, her child could turn back.  Some parents send bad kids to reform schools.  Mab had no other recourse when Maeve made her choice to kill Lily but let the die fall.  Maeve threw it and never realized her own death was about to be set up and her gambit to throw the court into chaos would fail before the night was out as a new Lady of Winter would rise.

Mab is more like the hero of Old Yeller, young Travis who has to put down a beloved family member before more damage could be done.  She took full responsibility for Murphy's actions.  She even guarded Murphy from retribution from Maeve's fae allies who might seek vengeance.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 02:40:53 AM »
Mab is more like the hero of Old Yeller, young Travis who has to put down a beloved family member before more damage could be done.  She took full responsibility for Murphy's actions.  She even guarded Murphy from retribution from Maeve's fae allies who might seek vengeance.

I'm very much curious whether the Redcap is still kicking around with a grudge, or Mab promptly offed him for his role as an enabler / possible Nemesis vector himself.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »
I'm very much curious whether the Redcap is still kicking around with a grudge, or Mab promptly offed him for his role as an enabler / possible Nemesis vector himself.
I'm wondering if Ace got his role by proxy/ascension? I'd like that, and it'd give Harry a bigger pain in the ass than Red himself.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 04:22:58 PM »
Except Harry pretty clearly killed Ace.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »
Except Harry pretty clearly killed Ace.
Just as clearly as He himself was killed in Changes? The parallel is not coincidental. Considering he's savvy enough to have been a real threat to Harry, has an opposing army of little folk, ect I see him becoming a major balance to Harry in the courts and possibly beyond.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
Just as clearly as He himself was killed in Changes? The parallel is not coincidental. Considering he's savvy enough to have been a real threat to Harry, has an opposing army of little folk, ect I see him becoming a major balance to Harry in the courts and possibly beyond.
He was a flunky, nothing more. Harry was shooting and killing everyone who came onto that boat, and Ace's face is mentioned just so you know he's dead.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 01:04:44 AM »
He was a flunky, nothing more. Harry was shooting and killing everyone who came onto that boat, and Ace's face is mentioned just so you know he's dead.
So you know who was shot...

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 03:12:19 AM »
So you know who was shot...
Right, because Mab is going to save him?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Harry had Mab (really stretching her limits) and Demonreach to help him - and they STILL had to bargain with Bonea for her help keeping him alive, and Uriel seems to have provided the path for his soul to reunite with his body.

Ace was canny enough to weaponize the little folk, but they're orders of magnitude too weak to give the kind of help he would have needed. Perhaps some of the Outsiders present or the Fomor in the lake have the juice, but anyone who falls into their hands isn't really going to be themself if they're seen again at all.