Author Topic: A new idea on Kemmler returning  (Read 4054 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
A new idea on Kemmler returning
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:56:58 AM »
I don't know if Kemmler will even be in the story..  However if he returned as a Black Court vampire, that could be interesting....  He may have sent Mavra to obtain the book because he knows the very spells that he developed could be used against him.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:47:47 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: A new idea on Kemmler returning
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »
If he was a Blampire ... I wonder if something in the Word could be used to restore him.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:14:27 AM »
I don't think this is going to happen, but I've got to admit it has some appeal.  However, the would mean that the Blampire that turned Kemmler would be even scarier, because I don't see Kemmler being turned by some newbie vamp like the one in "its My Birthday, Too." 

Now that I think about it, wouldn't Kemmler's new "Master" want Kemmler to become its magic teacher?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 03:46:39 AM »
I don't think this is going to happen, but I've got to admit it has some appeal.  However, the would mean that the Blampire that turned Kemmler would be even scarier, because I don't see Kemmler being turned by some newbie vamp like the one in "its My Birthday, Too." 

Now that I think about it, wouldn't Kemmler's new "Master" want Kemmler to become its magic teacher?

It's possible that an uber powerful Blampire turned him for the purpose of either learning his magic, or for him to be a very powerful thug.  On the other hand it could be a case of someone turning him, and dramatically underestimating how powerful he'd be, and destroyed by the Undead Kemmler.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 04:20:20 AM »
Well, there's WOJ that the Council killed Kemmler exceedingly thoroughly the last time they caught up to him. If standard vampire folklore is a reliable guide, I'm not sure an already dead corpse is a viable substrate for them to turn - they might need the victim alive to start the process.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:25:38 AM »
Well, there's WOJ that the Council killed Kemmler exceedingly thoroughly the last time they caught up to him. If standard vampire folklore is a reliable guide, I'm not sure an already dead corpse is a viable substrate for them to turn - they might need the victim alive to start the process.

With the Red Court you're right I think.  But Mavra for example is a corpse.  So I think that perhaps the person is probably dead.  That being said there might not have been much of Kemmler left to bring back. 

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
Nice idea.  but I simply do not believe Kemmler will show up in any story.  He is backstory, not a protagonist.   

The one exception might be the time travel book, but even that is a stretch.  It would only make sense if Harry ends up stopping briefly in a number of critical points in time.  Otherwise, why else would Harry need to travel to the 1960s or so when Kemmler was killed for the last time. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 03:39:37 PM »
With the Red Court you're right I think.  But Mavra for example is a corpse.  So I think that perhaps the person is probably dead.  That being said there might not have been much of Kemmler left to bring back.

From what we saw of turning new ones in It's My Birthday Too and from One-Ear's attempt to turn Lara in BR, they work with a live victim too. The new blampire then begins to look decomposed over time (One-Ear implied he'd enjoy raping Lara while she still looks lovely 'for a little while' before rot sets in).

Though I suspect Elders might eventually recover the ability to pass for human they want to, since Stoker's book downplayed Dracula from corpsey to merely emaciated looking.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
From what we saw of turning new ones in It's My Birthday Too and from One-Ear's attempt to turn Lara in BR, they work with a live victim too. The new blampire then begins to look decomposed over time (One-Ear implied he'd enjoy raping Lara while she still looks lovely 'for a little while' before rot sets in).

Though I suspect Elders might eventually recover the ability to pass for human they want to, since Stoker's book downplayed Dracula from corpsey to merely emaciated looking.

However, when you consider that Kemmler was a Necromancer, it's possible there is something more afoot.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 04:08:07 AM »
I have this theory that the dark hollow ritual could be adapted to use the BCV as a source. If the BCV can be affected by necromancy, they could be a power source. Necromancy works best with older bodies created via violence. If the BCV are the result of necromancy, then they would be perfect for further magics.
k moinuddin

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 04:14:08 AM »
The one thing that escaped the Council was Bob....  Can't help but wonder if Kemmler had found a way to tag along with the skull.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42:21 AM »
I think Bob would know if his skull was not as roomy as it ought to be.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »
Yeah, I pretty sure Kemmler is gone for good.

I would like to learn more of his story though.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 04:35:30 PM »
With time travel and alternate realities existing, it is likely that there is some Kemmler that we are going to bump into at some point.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »
With time travel and alternate realities existing, it is likely that there is some Kemmler that we are going to bump into at some point.

I keep forgetting about a Time Travel book. 

That's cheating.