Author Topic: Fellowship and Formor  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Fellowship and Formor
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
Are we actually sure Martin really got the rest of the Fellowship killed? He was fully intending to be dead via his triple agent plot within about five minutes of revealing himself as a supposed double agent. Might he not just have misdirected the assassins and lied to the king that they'd accomplished their tasks?

Yeah, we don't know yet.  Closest we have is what Hanna Asher said about the demise of the Fellowship.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
I wonder how the fellowship was founded. There are two facts we know, it is a haven for half breeds and that they acted against the rcv in the war. Since it is apparently based upon a saint, that implies some kind of link, however tenuous to the church. So the church could potentially refund the fellowship.
k moinuddin

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 12:38:53 AM »
Yeah, we don't know yet.  Closest we have is what Hanna Asher said about the demise of the Fellowship.

I'm pretty sure that even pre-Lasciel, she would have wrecked the absolute shit out of any Red assassins that tried to kill her cell though, so that might have been something of a special case.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:46:43 AM by Snark Knight »

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 12:21:57 AM »
I kinda would see the rcv assassins targeting the Demi rcv of the fellowship, and that might have allowed the rest of the membership a chance to survive.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that even pre-Lasciel, she would have wrecked the absolute shit out of any Red assassins that tried to kill her cell though, so that might have been something of a special case.

I'll bet you are right.  She did take out Wardens.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
I wonder if the changeling scions are ever a part of the fellowship. Imagine of the scions of the supernatural world coming together forming a sort of pseudo court. It can't be safe in the supernatural world without the protection of a patron or established power. This pseudo court could become part of the emerging para net system.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »
I wonder if the changeling scions are ever a part of the fellowship. Imagine of the scions of the supernatural world coming together forming a sort of pseudo court. It can't be safe in the supernatural world without the protection of a patron or established power. This pseudo court could become part of the emerging para net system.

I suppose it could, but no reason why they would join the paranet any more than they'd join the Fellowship.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 09:34:10 PM »
The scions similar to the talented practioners, they are straddling the line between the mortal and supernatural realm. They both could be seen as mortals marked by the supernatural. Full wizards are far more seperated from the mortal world.
k moinuddin

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »
The scions similar to the talented practioners, they are straddling the line between the mortal and supernatural realm. They both could be seen as mortals marked by the supernatural. Full wizards are far more seperated from the mortal world.

I would instead state it as follows.  Scions are mortals who share some supernatural traits with their supernatural parent, but still retain the mortality of their other (human) parent.  Some like half fey have the ability to become fully supernatural. Others are always going to be in that half state.   

Kazimmoinuddin is correct that many are probably more comfortable with technology that a powerful wizard as few supernatural races have a problem using technology.  However, I suspect many scions have other issues based on scion status such as unusual appearance, cravings, allergies, crazy relatives, etc.   There is no source of power in the Dresden world that comes without liabilities. 

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »
If the para net really becomes a bridge between the supernatural and mortal realm, I can see scions being drawn to it. Simply because they are not truly of one world.
k moinuddin

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 11:18:45 PM »
Not sure I see the paranet being such a bridge.   After all, it has a very specific mission - magic using humans. 

It could become an organization that offers protection to outcasts or other supernatural flavored groups, but there has been no evidence to date that it has done so.   At best it has semi-allied itself with Marcone and the White court to defend itself vs the Formor.  But that alliance is clearly opportunistic and temporary.   

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 01:30:02 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Paranet gets declared a terrorist organization, gang, or cult when the government inevitably becomes involved. For a vanilla mortal, it it would look pretty wacky from the outside.

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
Cult or crazy very likely.   The whole "magic is not real" thing makes that designation very likely - plus many are probably a bit strange.   

Terrorist or gang - not so likely.  If magic is not real, they hardly seem dangerous.  They are a mixture of people from all walks of society and tend to be led by old women (witches) or men (wizards) as these individuals have the most skill.  Very few engage in illegal activities.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Cult or crazy very likely.   The whole "magic is not real" thing makes that designation very likely - plus many are probably a bit strange.   

Terrorist or gang - not so likely.  If magic is not real, they hardly seem dangerous.  They are a mixture of people from all walks of society and tend to be led by old women (witches) or men (wizards) as these individuals have the most skill.  Very few engage in illegal activities.

Consider how it would look to an outsider; mysterious deaths and/or kidnappings occur, and activity among these people increase. It seems like they speak in code to someone who isn't clued in. "We had another ghoul attack," for example; how would someone gathering intelligence interpret that? To some, things might look like a territorial or criminal interest dispute. Then they call in help from people like Dresden, who is definitely on several terror watchlists by this point...

While they don't have direct evidence of criminal wrongdoing against the organization, suspicion is likely super high. I could see a Mulder or two examining the Paranet as a massive enterprise. But, you know, with people like Tilly having some kind of understanding, I doubt we'd see some kind of crackdown from uncorrupted sources.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 07:13:18 PM »
I'm not so sure they'd be designated as a terrorist organization, until they do something magical.  Until then they'd probably only be considered a watched group.