Author Topic: Drakul Theory  (Read 6235 times)

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Drakul Theory
« on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:38 PM »
So I saw this thread in the Dresden Files Reddit about the nature of Drakul and I have my own theory that has its origin in Grave Peril. In that book Michael calls Mavra "blood of the Dragon that old Serpent." Now Drakul was known as the dragon, as for the serpent, well in the bible there was a serpent who tricked Eve into eating the apple, and contrary to popular belief the serpent was not Lucifer, and as Drakul is trapped in human form it seems logical what his punishment is if you take it as a metaphor. Be a curse to humans and being hunted by them in turn seems to fit and it ties vampires in the demonic hierarchy as well.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Drakul Theory
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »
Is mavra the sort to take power for her self, or ensure the rise of her own court? I am leaning to her wanting to be large and Incharge, using her efforts to empower herself.
k moinuddin

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 10:45:10 PM »
Pretty sure that WON is that the serpent is Crowley, An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards.

Wait, which book series were we talking about again?

Anyways, that connection is one that I never made before. But of course, Michael referring to "that old serpent" is of course a reference to King James version Revelation 12:9. You might be onto something.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 02:30:07 AM »
As far as Michael is concerned, it's quite possible that ALL monsters are 'blood of the dragon'.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 08:21:29 AM »
As far as Michael is concerned, it's quite possible that ALL monsters are 'blood of the dragon'.
Narm? Now this is why I always connect it to Lucifer himself, he mentions Dragon and serpent in the same breath. A wingless dragon is what? A fallen angel looses what?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 11:02:18 AM »
Well in hindsight I forgot that he was referring to Revelations but my line of thinking was that since in the Dresdenverse everything is like the blind man and the elephant and Lucifer was not in the Old testament, and since Dracula was the creator of the Black Court I thought why not.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 03:40:59 PM »
I really can't say why, but I'm doubtful of Drakul being the Serpent in the Garden.  Possible, but I just don't think EVERYTHING is that tightly tied together.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:51 PM »
Well at the very least he has some demonic origin maybe one of the first demon lords. Wonder why he is stuck on earth?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »
Well at the very least he has some demonic origin maybe one of the first demon lords. Wonder why he is stuck on earth?
Considering one overlooked scene in GS where Bob offhandedly mentions Uriel conned the father of lies himself, and the fact I can find no biblical reference for that, I think Uriel tricked him into a human host because it would give him more 'power' in the choice category, but he failed to see he wouldn't keep his true power and would thereafter be stuck? Either way the reference was to an event pertaining to the DF itself.

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 01:04:29 AM »
It could be he sent one of his most powerful lieutenant and Uriel trapped him on the mortal plane limiting him to one realm but this is all conjecture we should glimpse more in the coming books.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 02:38:02 AM »
What's interesting is that the earliest reference to an identity for the serpent of the garden is the angel Gadreel.  That name means "wall of God". 

So, we've got a corruption of the Wall of God leading to humanity's knowledge that would introduce death and suffering to reality as we know it.

Not really relevant to this conversation, but interesting none the less.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 06:59:02 AM »
What's interesting is that the earliest reference to an identity for the serpent of the garden is the angel Gadreel.  That name means "wall of God". 

So, we've got a corruption of the Wall of God leading to humanity's knowledge that would introduce death and suffering to reality as we know it.

Not really relevant to this conversation, but interesting none the less.
Cool.. can I do that too? Cause randomly researching other things I came across
And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
Which ya know, I saw a theory here couple years back that was not well received at all, on how Harry shall return from MM using a pentagonal shaped time travel spell that touches two spots twice entertwining six Dresden timelines with the one already there(MM one). Well... this little biblical snippet(if you consider king and magus the same article as per the 3 wise men/3 kings/3 magus who visited TWC in his manger, ect, ect). Based on the idea Kemmler used the pull duplicates from other timelines 6 times to cheat his death those 6 times but on the seventh, seven being a magical number and all, it actually summons the equal or greater version of themselves and Harry is MM Harrys sixth try at it, making Harry magical #7 there. The 'continue a short space' line as it pertains to Rosenburg bridge theory of connecting points across vast distances, ect, ect. Pretty sure he even talked about the one who wasn't, about how all the versions that didn't happen coalesce into one or something? making the eight accounted for to..
Bottom line, really wish that theory was still around, cause I accidently found an outside reference to it. Anyway..

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
Considering one overlooked scene in GS where Bob offhandedly mentions Uriel conned the father of lies himself, and the fact I can find no biblical reference for that, I think Uriel tricked him into a human host because it would give him more 'power' in the choice category, but he failed to see he wouldn't keep his true power and would thereafter be stuck? Either way the reference was to an event pertaining to the DF itself.

I find this interesting.  Isn't the Father of Lies, Lucifer?  The ruler in Hell?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »
Well depriving him of a being on Mab's power level could be considered getting the better of him. Although considering the hierarchy of hell that might be a plus in Lucifer's eyes as the Denarians have shown.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »
I find this interesting.  Isn't the Father of Lies, Lucifer?  The ruler in Hell?
Well, officer/leader by Woj description, but ya.