Author Topic: Billy and Georgia  (Read 3726 times)

Offline crystalphoenixhobbies1

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Billy and Georgia
« on: August 26, 2017, 06:48:28 PM »
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, and if someone just wants to direct me to the original post that's fine. But in Turn Coat, during the big battle on the island at the end, Billy and Georgia are hit by a White Court whammy that sends them into a different kind of frenzy in the bushes. But how did that happen? Are White Court vampires able to use their magic on people who are truly in love, or is feeding the only thing affected?  If they can't use their powers either, wouldn't that imply that Billy and Georgia aren't actually in love?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Billy and Georgia
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »
WCV blood is intoxicating. They got it from biting Madeline.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »
I have a related question or two:

Is that where they conceived their child, and if so, will being conceived while it's parents blood is contaminated with WCV toxins have any effect on the child as it grows older?

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
I have a related question or two:

Is that where they conceived their child, and if so, will being conceived while it's parents blood is contaminated with WCV toxins have any effect on the child as it grows older?
That part wr have little knowledge of. But if I had to guess I'd say no. The idea of an intoxicant effecting a pair of tiny cells that likely wouldn't meet up for a few days after the event is a bit too much for me. Maybe if Georgia were regularly exposed throughout the pregnancy, but that's not the case.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 09:39:34 PM »
It is possible that being conceived on the island, gave the child more magical potential. Not necessarily full on wizard level, but greater potential for shapeshifting potential perhaps. He could change without being taught the spell. He could be a practioners, focused on shapeshifting, so able to do the more advanced forms of it and possibly multiple forms.
k moinuddin

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 11:17:24 PM »
It is possible that being conceived on the island, gave the child more magical potential. Not necessarily full on wizard level, but greater potential for shapeshifting potential perhaps. He could change without being taught the spell. He could be a practioners, focused on shapeshifting, so able to do the more advanced forms of it and possibly multiple forms.
The island isn't exactly a magical mountain paradise...
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »

Georgia was pretty late-term in Aftermath, wasn't she? I think Changes followed Turn Coat pretty closely (like summer to fall closely) so she was probably already pregnant at that point, just early enough to maybe not have known so yet.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 09:38:34 PM »
Was Billy and Georgia's child conceived on Demonreach island?  Another question for someone to ask Jim at the next Con.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »
Was Billy and Georgia's child conceived on Demonreach island?  Another question for someone to ask Jim at the next Con.
According to the timeline Changes is over a year after Turn Coat. Turn Coat is 10 years after Storm Front. Changes is 11. Given that Storm Front is early spring they're not bridging its anniversary.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:26:48 AM »
According to the timeline Changes is over a year after Turn Coat.

I remember TC being set in the summer, and Changes had to be around Halloween for Harry's threat to do a Darkhallow if Mab wouldn't deal for the Knighthood (corroborated by six months later for GS being late for the winter weather to still be hanging on). But why do we figure it's over a year instead of them being in the same year?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 10:15:04 AM »
On the timeline there are a few short stories that occur between TC and Changes that suggest a time gap of over a year.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
I remember TC being set in the summer, and Changes had to be around Halloween for Harry's threat to do a Darkhallow if Mab wouldn't deal for the Knighthood (corroborated by six months later for GS being late for the winter weather to still be hanging on). But why do we figure it's over a year instead of them being in the same year?
Priscille's timeline says it. She's more in the know than me or most anyone. It is generally viewed as official.  That's enough reason for me.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 08:54:53 PM »
How old does a kid have to be to demonstrate magic and eventually be able to control it at will?
k moinuddin

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:09 AM »
How old does a kid have to be to demonstrate magic and eventually be able to control it at will?
At the oldest, 10ish. Probably younger given how scary Ivy was.