Author Topic: Marvra and Kemmler (Deadbeat)  (Read 17979 times)

Offline Anubissama

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Marvra and Kemmler (Deadbeat)
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »
Backing up to the main topic, the theory I had about Mavra and her need of Das Wort von Kemmler is as follows.

She knows that Kemmler Necromancy can be turned against Blampires, and she herself is a Wizard level practitioner at this point. Thus he has used Das Wort to set herself up as the main and unifying force of the Black Court, and we will see her making a come back (probably in Peace Talks during the Accords meeting) as the sole ruler of the Court. Who has also been flourishing and growing in strength lately (this is foreshadowed in "It is my birthday too" where a supposed weak and almost extinct vampire clan suddenly appears to breed new Black Court Vampire Masters).
DV Anubissama V1.2 YR5 FR(M) 3 BK++++: RP++++: JB+: TH+++: WG: CL++: SW +(-): BC+: MC+++: SH(Molly)+++++:

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 07:28:14 PM »
I like that theory it also possibly supports my theory that the Dark Hallow and y extension the Word of Kemmler was based on the Black Court and their magic.

Could their be an adaptation of the Dark Hallow where instead of taking life it turns people into lack Court to get numbers risen again?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »
I like that theory it also possibly supports my theory that the Dark Hallow and y extension the Word of Kemmler was based on the Black Court and their magic.

Could their be an adaptation of the Dark Hallow where instead of taking life it turns people into lack Court to get numbers risen again?
Thinking about how BLV feed, slurping down a whole life. One wonders if every time they feed it's not a miniature DH. They begin draining the life so fast the spirit gets caught up in the 'vortex' too. Instant upgrade.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
Thinking about how BLV feed, slurping down a whole life. One wonders if every time they feed it's not a miniature DH. They begin draining the life so fast the spirit gets caught up in the 'vortex' too. Instant upgrade.
That's basically the theory yeah, but I don't wanna take too much away from Anubissama's theory of Queen Mavra. How do you think she'd use the Word of Kemmler? How do you think she'd organise her court?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »
fwiw, this has always been my interpretation of the WOJ that alluded to the Erlking using Darkhallow mechanisms: that the Erlking added to his Power one Hunt, one Prey at a Time
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2017, 08:06:16 PM »
fwiw, this has always been my interpretation of the WOJ that alluded to the Erlking using Darkhallow mechanisms: that the Erlking added to his Power one Hunt, one Prey at a Time
Makes sense to me, hasn't it twice now shown up on Halloween? Still in his old hobbies.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2017, 08:07:26 PM »
Makes sense to me, hasn't it twice now shown up on Halloween? Still in his old hobbies.
And in CD he indicated that a Halloween Hunt is a yearly tradition. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2017, 08:15:53 PM »
I wonder how Vadderung/Kringle maintains his power now that he's MORTAL that's right quantus, I said it What?! COme at me Bro!

The worship from his Einherjaar and Valkyrie can't be enough, information is obviously crucial to it given how well informed he is. Their must be something that keeps him on par with Mab enough to tell her to "get in line" or just barely avoid "tedious duels".

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2017, 08:38:32 PM »
I wonder how Vadderung/Kringle maintains his power now that he's MORTAL that's right quantus, I said it What?! COme at me Bro!

The worship from his Einherjaar and Valkyrie can't be enough, information is obviously crucial to it given how well informed he is. Their must be something that keeps him on par with Mab enough to tell her to "get in line" or just barely avoid "tedious duels".
Blood sacrifice of babies and the cutest puppies, obviously :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2017, 08:41:23 PM »
That's basically the theory yeah, but I don't wanna take too much away from Anubissama's theory of Queen Mavra. How do you think she'd use the Word of Kemmler? How do you think she'd organise her court?
Depends...
In need of info, do we KNOW there were 13 BC Elders? I thought it was said to be 30 but I can't find any numbers in any listed woj at all.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2017, 08:42:19 PM »
Blood sacrifice of babies and the cutest puppies, obviously :P

Well Odin was the originator of Being Hanged I wonder if he got all the blood sacrifices from everyone being Hung.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »
Ok now that your post gave me a brain fart and I hunted up the clue I needed.
And a one-on-thirtyish fight (Mab vs the elders of the BC
I'm feeling waggish. I think the BCE were actually starting to replace old mantles held by the 30 fallen. cause ya know Dracula=son of dragon=winged serpent=fallen angel, ect. They actually both are primarily based on angelic power. So maybe Mavra want's to eat them all up and become a super angel/ fallen/ undead born goddess?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »
Depends...
In need of info, do we KNOW there were 13 BC Elders? I thought it was said to be 30 but I can't find any numbers in any listed woj at all.
30-ish Black Court Elders.  Thirteen is the number of Grey Council Members and the max number that can collaborate on a spell via a Circle, but it sometimes gets confused in discussion

4. if the elders of the black court could have taken mab, then HOW ON EARTH did any mere force of humans manage to go up and stake them? i mean, they should've wiped out anything that was coming after them if they can take on MAB herself...just a thought
Power in the spirit world isn't the same thing as power in the material world.  And a one-on-thirtyish fight (Mab vs the elders of the BC) is WAY different than a one-on-20,000 fight (a BC vampire against a modest mortal city).  Especially when the 20,000 know what your weaknesses are, and how to kill you with them. Smiley  And that's assuming that you don't have a saint, or an independent wizard, or a shaman, a Knight of the Cross or some other champion, or other spiritual allies on your side which was not uncommon.  Hell, for that matter, you might well be aided by vampires from the other Courts.  *Everyone* resented how powerful the Blacks had become.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2017, 09:02:25 PM »
Ah bugger their goes a crucial element of my theory.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
Actually, taking all the 30=30 theory out of it, and we have a being who thrives on the same stuff of necromancy and being not trying to eat a crap ton of magic, of life. Born goddess might be more accurate a description than I first thought when you account for the 'you are what you eat' rule/law/maxim(whichever), in which case she might literally become an 'inside' goddess of magic. a resident of this world. Eeek!