0 (0%)
Toot
0 (0%)
Shiro
0 (0%)
Other (say who)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Character discussion.  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Character discussion.
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
So just opening a fun discussion on favourite character other than Dresden and why plus ideal casting.

My vote as a character. It's a tough one for me.

In terms of character development I'd have to go either Butters or Molly.

I also like how Murphy is a tough chick that still behaves like a woman not just a macho asshole who happens to be female.

I find Michael to be an inspiring character and so well written you can almost feel his goodness seep through the pages, makes me almost want to believe in God.

Ebenezar is just like his description of a soul gaze an old oak that has seen too much in the world. His character reminds me of that of old war veterans from Vietnam trying to live their life, but still having a grizzled hardness to their soul.

Rashid is a lot of things intriguing, mysterious, wise, humouress, good natured. I like that he's a positive Muslim character, but more than that I just like the guy. He is well suited to his role as a guardian just like Ebenezar is well suited to being a warrior. I wish we saw more of him on screen though I guess that'd defeat the purpose of his character

Marcone is chilling, he's a trope well used and well done. Like Ebenezar he was a soldier whose seen and done too much and been hardened by it, only he decided to use his coldness and darkness to serve himself.

I think I'm going to wait and see some discussion before deciding who to vote for.
 I know Jim has joked about Tom Hiddleston and Michael Fassbender as Thomas and Harry, while I don't think it's very realistic eh who cares this is about fun so that said I've always wanted to see those two thrown together with James McAvoy and Benedict Cumberbatch the four of them on screen together would be amazing. Some day I'll become a Hollywood Writer and get them together in an SAS Squad movie taking down a Jungle Warlord.

What do you reckon one could play Michael the other Nicodemus.

In terms of realistic casting I tend to look at tv actors for a potential Dresden Files tv series as it may actually be possible.I've really only got one solid hope.

Laura Vandervoort as Murphy. She's a Canadian actress sci fi and supernatural props, plus here's the kicker she's a second dan black belt as can totally kick ass.

Other TV Castings would have to include the Cast of Supernatural. I know Jim's not a fan of the longevity of the show but I think he was fan in the beginning. Though the actors might not want to work on such a similar show with similar characters after their finished with Supernatural

Jarad Padelecki as Thomas.

Jensen Ackles as Dresden.

Misha Collins as Nicodemus or Michael (either or I think he has deceptive range)

Then theres

Famke Jenssen as Mab or Lea (She has the sultry evil seductress thing goin on and the accent fits)

Sasha Grey as Lara (I saw her in Entourage and she can act... I swear thats the only time I've seen her)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:06:40 AM by Con »

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Character discussion.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 02:15:30 PM »
Marcone and Butters, for the Arcs.  I love how Butters has developed over the course of the series, and similarly Im really interested to see what Marcone becomes (and could have become). 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »
Hmm i feel like Marcone is a purpose built character what that purpose is is to create a small duchy nation around Chicago to give it and harry protection and allies. I find it interesting that Marcone is so intent on being independent yet allows himself to be drawn into the supernatural

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »
Hmm i feel like Marcone is a purpose built character what that purpose is is to create a small duchy nation around Chicago to give it and harry protection and allies. I find it interesting that Marcone is so intent on being independent yet allows himself to be drawn into the supernatural
"Drawn into the supernatural"?  Hells no, he's launched a campaign to Claim it, or as much as he can. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:26:28 PM »

Disappointed you left out Uriel, Toot, Shiro, Rashid...

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
Well, it's Ramirez and Ebenezar for me.

Ebenezar was always one of my favorite characters to love-hate. He's dark hero material and tragic hero material in so many ways, it's mind-blowing to think about. I can only hope we'll learn more about him and see more of him. (Short shory in his pov would be something I'd trade a couple more months of PT wait for. Don't kill me please).

Carlos is the true underdog in the series. He rocks, but he gets a worse deal for it than Harry. The poor guy is pretty, awesome and pretty awesome and he didn't even have sex yet when he's nearly thirty. Talk about a tough lot.

I'm lousy at casting actors. For one thing, I don't know them by names most of the times (especially not American TV actors) and for another, I don't imagine fictional characters like that. I form a picture in my mind and that's how they look like for me. It's most often inspired by people I know in RL, not TV or cinema actors.

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Ebenezar was always one of my favorite characters to love-hate. He's dark hero material and tragic hero material in so many ways, it's mind-blowing to think about. I can only hope we'll learn more about him and see more of him. (Short shory in his pov would be something I'd trade a couple more months of PT wait for. Don't kill me please).
While I too love Ebenezer as a character, I would prefer that his short story be a follow-up to Peace Talks(if for no other reason than I feel the book could be an amazing opportunity for some great Ebenezer moments in and of itself...). Oh, by the way... Don't be scared if Kincaid drops by your place later... I umm... am going to move on to a new topic now.  8) ;) :)

But, on the topic of the Vote: I decided on Michael and Morgan. I personally feel that they have some of the most compelling arcs in the series. Morgan isn't just exercising a personal grudge towards Harry. He's become so incredibly bitter that he hates everyone who breaks the WC's rules with an unholy passion. But, to some degree he moves past that with Harry. He doesn't like Harry, but he can see - in the end - that Harry is actually one of the quote unquote good guys. Too(the one thing saving his story from being a complete tragedy in my eyes), he is allowed to die in service to the one thing that means anything to him anymore - other than Anastasia.

Michael is similar, and yet completely different. He - like Morgan - truly and completely believes in what he does. He goes out to save the monsters from the path they walk. Not meet out judgement. No. He tries to save them. He almost dies doing it, too, but is given a happy ending to spend with his family, build homes... do the things he loves. And, even if it isn't as obvious, Warrior points out that he is still fighting the good fight. He's still one of the good guys and he always will be.
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »
Other: Elidee.

(I know she flew out of his hair in Summer Knight before ascending to Aurora's garden in the sky, but I like to think she snuck back in when he came back down, and has ridden along with him ever since)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 03:25:29 AM »
You got Jensen Ackles as Dean btw.... no Dean in the DF lol. 100 views and nobody caught that either lol.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 04:08:11 AM »
You got Jensen Ackles as Dean btw.... no Dean in the DF lol. 100 views and nobody caught that either lol.
Lol my bad.

Disappointed you left out Uriel, Toot, Shiro, Rashid...

Added the others and I did have Rashid.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »
I'm shocked and appalled that you left out the BEST character in the entire series ... Mouse.

I have no idea who'd play him, but Mouse is the bestest.  Just ask Maggie.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »
I'd like to see more Thomas, and Eb
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.