Author Topic: Better Guns for Dresden and Co.  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Better Guns for Dresden and Co.
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »
I forget which book it was but there was admission at some point that Dresden's reliance on revolvers due to their simplicity wasn't really necessary, and was a result of Harry's relative ignorance on guns at the start of the series or something.

We've seen alot of Wardens etc pack some pretty serious firepower throughout the series. So question is, when is Dresden going to get an assault rifle or something.

His enemies certainly use them. Micheal of course got the bad end of that. Seems about time Dresden and crew assault rifle up on the reg.

Actually this is part of an even bigger question of mine that I have wondered for some time. I can see why dresden doesnt pack a long gun everywhere since it would be inconvenient compared to a pistol. Although there have been a number of situations in the book where It might have been a good idea to get a rifle since he knew what he was going into. Context would be the determiner etc.

But how come the WC doesn't use full on geared out Wardens on high-end missions? Like it would seem totally logical to have Wardens who are going to war with the Ramps (for example) to basically just look like soldiers from any mortal army, save they can also do magic.

Keep in mind I am not saying this would make sense all of the time. Just a little confused why we haven't seen something like it except form singular characters.

Additionally this question is meant to be broad. Just a in general query about desire to increase the various characters firepower.

We need more Dakka.

facilitating having any discussion happen in only one topic and locking this duplicate.  -Serack
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:07:33 AM by Serack »