Author Topic: Toot's Pizza  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Tritium

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Toot's Pizza
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »
Harry buys Toot pizza on a regular basis.  Harry lives in Chicago.  Does Harry buy Toot Toot the half ton casserole that is a Chicago style deep dish pizza?  That would make Toot putting one away quite a bit more impressive.

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Toot's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »
Indeed, I just googled a couple of recipes. Those look like they're supposed to feed a family, not just one person.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »
Lou Malnati's is the best.  Don't let the Uno's franchising fool you; they don't hold a candle to Lou's.

But since Harry has ordered from Pizza 'Spress in the past (which sounds like cheap pizza) and considering his budget, I'd say no.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »
Seems to me I remember him saying it was peperoni Pizza.  Which, while still possible, doesn't really lend itself to Chicago style, if I recall correctly.

Last time I was in Chicago, I had a Chicago style pizza and I agree, it's pretty heafty. 

I'm thinking Pizza'spress is more like Little Cesars though.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »
He described in in more detail at some point, just how it was cheap as hell but all he could afford in his youth and now Familiar.  I vaguely recall descriptions of skimpy quantities cheese on top, which would imply non-Chicago style, yes?

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 09:01:29 PM »
Seems to me I remember him saying it was peperoni Pizza.  Which, while still possible, doesn't really lend itself to Chicago style, if I recall correctly.

Last time I was in Chicago, I had a Chicago style pizza and I agree, it's pretty heafty. 

I'm thinking Pizza'spress is more like Little Cesars though.
Lou's has pepperoni pizza, but under the rest.  The sausage is better, though. 

He described in in more detail at some point, just how it was cheap as hell but all he could afford in his youth and now Familiar.  I vaguely recall descriptions of skimpy quantities cheese on top, which would imply non-Chicago style, yes?
Indeedly do.  But I don't recall that description.  I think there was something about a slice dripping with cheese, which is definitely possible.

And now I'm going to have to call 1-800-Lou-ToGo and order me some pizza...

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 03:39:39 PM »
Lou's has pepperoni pizza, but under the rest.  The sausage is better, though. 
Indeedly do.  But I don't recall that description.  I think there was something about a slice dripping with cheese, which is definitely possible.

And now I'm going to have to call 1-800-Lou-ToGo and order me some pizza...

Will they deliver to Kansas City?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »
Will they deliver to Kansas City?
They will deliver anywhere in the US, I believe.  They ship them with dry ice.  They're not as good out of the freezer as they are fresh, but what is?  And they're still delicious.

Well, if you have good taste, that is.  My wife doesn't like them even fresh, so she obviously has bad taste.

Oh... Wait...

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 07:17:15 PM »
They will deliver anywhere in the US, I believe.  They ship them with dry ice.  They're not as good out of the freezer as they are fresh, but what is?  And they're still delicious.

Well, if you have good taste, that is.  My wife doesn't like them even fresh, so she obviously has bad taste.

Oh... Wait...

Well, she picked you!!

>wink-wink<

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 08:01:12 PM »
Well, she picked you!!

>wink-wink<
Er... I mean...