Author Topic: Which creature would be doing this?  (Read 5362 times)

Offline Razgrizi

• Participant
    • View Profile
Which creature would be doing this?
« on: April 27, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »
Good afternoon guys! I had a quick question. I had some inspiration for a one shot campaign with my players and I wanted your advice on this. I was wanting to tie in the craze from the Unicorn Frapp from Starbucks and something supernatural behind it. What creatures would have the motivations to do so. Any ideas?

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Which creature would be doing this?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »
Probably not any unicorns... :D

I can see some of the more psycho members of the White Court having fun by feeding unicorns to unknowing humans and getting some kind of leverage to compel the humans that feed on the concoction.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:00:49 PM by Shaft »

Offline Razgrizi

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 06:00:15 PM »
Probably not any unicorns... :D

I chuckled more than I should have at this :P

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 06:03:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

Edit:

It might give you a new perspective about this supernatural creature....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:28:10 PM by Taran »

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 05:56:19 AM »
Maybe they're spiked with a subtle magic mind-control drug that makes people spend exorbitant amounts of money on sugary drinks, created by the warlocks running Starbucks? :P
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »
Probably some Winter-sponsored mages playing a practical joke on people at Summer's expense.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
Maybe they're spiked with a subtle magic mind-control drug that makes people spend exorbitant amounts of money on sugary drinks, created by the warlocks running Starbucks? :P 
They've been doing that all along, expanding outside Seattle 30(!) years ago in 1987...

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
Good afternoon guys! I had a quick question. I had some inspiration for a one shot campaign with my players and I wanted your advice on this. I was wanting to tie in the craze from the Unicorn Frapp from Starbucks and something supernatural behind it. What creatures would have the motivations to do so. Any ideas?
There's something distinctly "little girl" about the whole Rainbow Unicorns thing (says the dad of 2 very different girls, who both went through that phase... ) .   Maybe some 2nd-grader somehow got a Summer Lady Mantle ... ?

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
There's something distinctly "little girl" about the whole Rainbow Unicorns thing (says the dad of 2 very different girls, who both went through that phase... ) .   Maybe some 2nd-grader somehow got a Summer Lady Mantle ... ?

Oh man...this ^

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 01:37:52 PM »
Hmmm,

I like the g33k's Little Girl line of thought, thought I'd branch out more from the Fae personally. 

Maybe a Twilight-zone superkid (other than ivy)?

I always liked the Good Omens idea of the fast food industry being a giant conspiracy and a dark joke, where the horseman Famine loved the idea of people dying of obesity and malnourished at the same time. 

Anyone looking to mass distribute some potion/toxin/magical malady would work, but then the Unicorn thing becomes more about marketing than theme of the big bad. 

If the Reds were still around, I might suggest it's a scheme from a gourmet block that is trying to "live season" their food, in this case a sweet desert dish. 

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
Quantum, you sparked an idea.  Maybe a group of WCVampires that feed on gluttony.

Red court vampire types who spike the drink to get people addicted works too.  Making them easier prey.  Spiking drinks is a common tactic for Reds.  If the reds are dead, maybe someone has a supply of RC saliva and is looking for a way to profit on the limited supply. 

A combination of the two where Starbucks becomes the Raiths version of a strip club.   That said, an all you can eat buffet seems a better place for glutton vampires. 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
Quantum, you sparked an idea.  Maybe a group of WCVampires that feed on gluttony.

Red court vampire types who spike the drink to get people addicted works too.  Making them easier prey.  Spiking drinks is a common tactic for Reds.  If the reds are dead, maybe someone has a supply of RC saliva and is looking for a way to profit on the limited supply. 

A combination of the two where Starbucks becomes the Raiths version of a strip club.   That said, an all you can eat buffet seems a better place for glutton vampires.
Maybe Something had a Rampire imprisoned in the NN or some other place with defenses powerful enough to block the bloodline curse, and now said Rampire is being imprisoned and tortured and milked like livestock?  It would be an interesting twist for the "innocent" that needs rescuing to be a Rampire...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 02:07:26 PM »
If the reds are dead, maybe someone has a supply of RC saliva and is looking for a way to profit on the limited supply. 
Now THAT's an evil thought.
I like it.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
Maybe Something had a Rampire imprisoned in the NN or some other place with defenses powerful enough to block the bloodline curse, and now said Rampire is being imprisoned and tortured and milked like livestock?  It would be an interesting twist for the "innocent" that needs rescuing to be a Rampire...
That's another evil thought!
You folks are geniuses.

(I note that "defenses" wouldn't AFAIK stop a bloodline curse -- at various times iirc Harry has been pretty clear that, magically speaking, "blood" bypasses pretty much any/all defenses.  Being in the Nevernever might do it (for your game, if you'd like some Rampires to surprise your players this seems like an excellent rationale!).).

Upon consideration:
1.  Where do RCV's come from?  What's the origin of the 1st-ever RCV?  Might there be a hidden reserve or pool of them (e.g. living natively in the Nevernever)?
2.  Maybe Lea wasn't the only one wearing a mask of one of the Lords of Outer Night:  maybe one of the LoON's scarpered off to the Nevernever when Fidelacchius made a showing (because you've gotta know that when a Knight shows up with a Sword and then an angel speaks through their voice, there's just a WORLD o' hurt about to come down on the Bad Guys!), leaving a lieutenant to fight and die in their place.
3.  IF the Nevernever is a sufficient protection from the bloodline curse... it would actually be kind of surprising (given all the thousands of RCVs & RCI's running around) if there weren't SEVERAL of these (accidentally or deliberately) NN-protected RCVs.
3a. If the bloodline curse has destroyed all the mortal-world RCVs and the connection between them, then Rampires coming out of the NN are now disconnected, and no single Bloodline curse can take them all down, anymore...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:52:11 PM by g33k »

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
(I note that "defenses" wouldn't AFAIK stop a bloodline curse -- at various times iirc Harry has been pretty clear that, magically speaking, "blood" bypasses pretty much any/all defenses.

Oh no, it just makes it easier. The whole reason the Reds were performing SO MANY sacrifices to charge their bloodline curse was so it could get through all of Eb's powerful defenses to kill him.
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge