Author Topic: If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago  (Read 15660 times)

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »
You know, Now that I think about it, I dont think so.  He probably could act as the Tool to allow TWG destroy a fallen if that were the route to be taken, but I dont think he'd be capable on his own Power (even f her were willing to risk a possible Fall to try it).  If an Archangel could destroy a Fallen I would have expected Lucy to take that route rather than locking up only his worst 30 rivals in such a way that they arguably got /more/ powerful...

Think of it like Lara Raith and Harry. Harry is a threat to Lara, but if she can consistently point him at her enemies, why would she kill him? Likewise, why would Lucifer kill his lieutenants when he can force them to be no threat to himself while still fighting against Luci's enemies?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »
Think of it like Lara Raith and Harry. Harry is a threat to Lara, but if she can consistently point him at her enemies, why would she kill him? Likewise, why would Lucifer kill his lieutenants when he can force them to be no threat to himself while still fighting against Luci's enemies?
Good point, I suppose we dont know that he /hasn't/ killed a fallen along the line that challenged him or something, just that he chose to use the coins for those particular ones. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
I totally see the coin collection ending up in the well, not only due to its epic image. The warden has soulfire. His pseudo nephlim spirit of intellect daughter likely has the knowledge of a shadow of the fallen. The knowledge, combined with soul fire, backed by the well has the best chance at permanently containing the coins. Want to bet Bonnie knows all the sigils and names for the nickel heads?

What's more, want to bet she also knows how to summon each one?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »
What's more, want to bet she also knows how to summon each one?
Perhaps it's better to say that somewhere in there she likely knows a bunch of summoning rituals and likely one of the would work on the coins.  But if she's still at the stage of "Guess what? Pancakes are /inanimate/!"  then I dont know that she'll yet have built too much context around that odd set of 30 special coins.  Or the actual practice of Magic, for that matter.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »
Perhaps it's better to say that somewhere in there she likely knows a bunch of summoning rituals and likely one of the would work on the coins.  But if she's still at the stage of "Guess what? Pancakes are /inanimate/!"  then I dont know that she'll yet have built too much context around that odd set of 30 special coins.  Or the actual practice of Magic, for that matter.

Right.  But I still think the knowledge is there.  Harry will just have to help her attain the perspective to be able to retrieve the right steps.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2017, 03:55:53 AM »
Wouldn't it be funny if Hades sent Deirdre as his representative?

My first thought was that it was an amusing idea that made no sense.  But then as I thought about it it struck me that in a lot of ways it does make sense!

Assuming Hades wanted to send a proxy, I don't know if he would be allowed to use a shade, either by cosmic rules or Accords rules.  I'm also not sure how much control he would have over her shade once she was outside his demesne.

But if he can do it, and control her as he does, from his POV sending Deirdre actually would achieve several things.  For ex, it might be part of her punishment, being able to perceive and even move within the mortal world, but unable to sample its pleasures or enjoy it.  If Nicodemus is somewhere around (which would not surprise me in any way), letting father and daughter meet again, but forbidden any communication, might serve as both additional punishment for Deirdre and payback for Nicodemus, too.

Her presence might also be a useful 'don't cross me' reminder to others who have forgotten how dangerous that is, too.

It could actually make sense.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2017, 05:06:36 AM »
It could be a sub rose attempt for Hades to pass on the two Denarian coins he might have to Harry to lock in demonreach.
k moinuddin

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2017, 08:58:21 AM »
I've long thought Harry needs to host a BBQ on DR.  Invite Hades and Spot to play with Mouse, invite Ivy to get to know (and Love) Maggie (and play with spot and mouse), invite McCoy to meet his granddaughter, invite Eldest Gruff for that beer Harry owes him, etc, etc, etc.
you know harry to made that much powerplay so casualy will make some one wet his pants for sure. we are talking god, girl with enough info to remove you from face of earth, the f ing black staff,assasin of summer court, posibly winter lady and white court princess, chicagos mafia boss, couple of knights of cross may be fix as well. thats to much power to put in same place.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »
What other mantles could Hades have than the lord of the underworld?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
you know harry to made that much powerplay so casualy will make some one wet his pants for sure. we are talking god, girl with enough info to remove you from face of earth, the f ing black staff,assasin of summer court, posibly winter lady and white court princess, chicagos mafia boss, couple of knights of cross may be fix as well. thats to much power to put in same place.
Oh, only about half those, the ones he actually considers friends.  Certainly no Marcone. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:06 PM »
What other mantles could Hades have than the lord of the underworld?

I've been thinking about this, and given his nature, I don't think he has any other Mantles.

Gotta remember, he's the responsible one.  Sure, Hades (the place) may be run smoothly, but it could also depend on his regularly monitoring things.  And he is absolutely the one who would not shirk that responsibility.  Having other mantles could interfere with that job.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »
I've been thinking about this, and given his nature, I don't think he has any other Mantles.

Gotta remember, he's the responsible one.  Sure, Hades (the place) may be run smoothly, but it could also depend on his regularly monitoring things.  And he is absolutely the one who would not shirk that responsibility.  Having other mantles could interfere with that job.
At the very least I think he's had an expansion of Duties.  Hades was a Psychopomp and ruler of the underworld, both nominally Death as well as some amount of Supernatural prison.  But later towards the roman age, he became conflated with Plutus, the greek god of Wealth.  Thus his Roman name Pluto, the god of Treasures, mineral Wealth, and often the keeper of misc Quest Items in various tales.  In light of SG, this all makes perfect sense.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
At the very least I think he's had an expansion of Duties.  Hades was a Psychopomp and ruler of the underworld, both nominally Death as well as some amount of Supernatural prison.  But later towards the roman age, he became conflated with Plutus, the greek god of Wealth.  Thus his Roman name Pluto, the god of Treasures, mineral Wealth, and often the keeper of misc Quest Items in various tales.  In light of SG, this all makes perfect sense.   

It almost sounds like a Saint.  As in a Patron Saint of (insert subject).

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2017, 08:09:40 PM »
It almost sounds like a Saint.  As in a Patron Saint of (insert subject).
Well, if Hecate can be Mother of Angels and Vadderung can be St Nicolas, I dont see why Hades couldnt have a Sainthood somewhere.

Though to be fair, Saint was the easiest way to recast and absorb local pagan gods into the sprawling Christianity expansion in Europe, so it would not surprise me at all if a whole slew of them evolved in that direction.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2017, 12:57:55 AM »
Maybe Hades is Patron Saint of lost things, Saint Anthony. He did have alot of treasures in his vault.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?