Author Topic: If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago  (Read 15572 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »
I don't know.  The Accords seem to have a rather bureaucratic element to them, so I could see something similar to the Robert's Rules of Order and Parliamentary Procedure in play, meaning one group could offer another group their proxy.  That way they can avoid attendance without offense because they followed the rules. Just surmise, mind, but as complex as any treaty/contract is likely to be - particularly one created by a high-ranking Fae - I can't help but see work-arounds like that being common.

/shrug
Oh, sure, sending your vote by proxy would be fine.  But then you'd "Not Be There."  What I dont see them doing is saying Im Not Coming and then trying to skulk about in the background of the proceedings or otherwise retain any access.  Either you are their in person (and participate or abstain as normal) as per the Respect due of you peer members, or you cannot and so send a properly empowered Proxy.  But I think that you cannot have it both ways, you cannot still participate in the conclave after having bartered off your vote (though you could probably take if back from a vassal proxy like a handmaiden).
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »
Sure you can, Q. 

And then at the right time, reveal yourself to large effect.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Sure you can, Q. 

And then at the right time, reveal yourself to large effect.
Sounds like needless, pointless theater.  So of course you must be correct.   ;D
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
Well, maybe not for Hades.  But others ....
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 12:16:56 AM »
If he does show up, he can pass those two coins from his vault to the warden of demonreach. The one prison that could truly keep it contained.
k moinuddin

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 03:47:36 AM »
If he does show up, he can pass those two coins from his vault to the warden of demonreach. The one prison that could truly keep it contained.

Not even DR could...  When asked about them Jim always responds "they are supposed to be in circulation".  My guess is a Fallen Archangel can get them out of anywhere, even DR.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »
Not even DR could...  When asked about them Jim always responds "they are supposed to be in circulation".  My guess is a Fallen Archangel can get them out of anywhere, even DR.
Since DR is proof against Anduriel's rather broad and blanket powers, I have to think it's strong enough to block any individual actions by an imprisoned Fallen.  I suspect The Balance would end up requiring outside intervention of some kind (from subtle fate-twisting to an outright Jailbreak), but it would be a force on the scale of Universal Balance rather than the individual power-levels of the Fallen themselves (and especially "hobbled as the are").
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
Somehow I think that the only way DR could contain a coin is if it imprisons a coin bearer as well.  Just seems like that would be a way around the "Needs to be in circulation" requirement.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
Somehow I think that the only way DR could contain a coin is if it imprisons a coin bearer as well.  Just seems like that would be a way around the "Needs to be in circulation" requirement.
Hmmm, I dont know...Wouldnt that be the same sort of thing that would trigger the general One Ring Abandonment mechanism some (me at least) mostly picture?  Im not sure I get how the Mortal Host would be a significant difference; their Free Will Choices would normally be paramount, but I dont know if it would be any different than the Free Will Choice of whomever was trying to lock up the coins in the first place (which apparently is not strong enough to keep them out of circulation). 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »
Silly thought....

Hades -- if he comes --- brings Cerberus. 

Image 1 --  Cerberus and Mouse playing (and destroying) a conference room playing Frisbee tag

Image 2 -- there is an entire "pet sitting" room where all sorts of monstrous pets/mounts are "in doggie day care". 

I am going to sit in the corner and hyperventilate until these thoughts go away. :)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »
Silly thought....

Hades -- if he comes --- brings Cerberus. 

Image 1 --  Cerberus and Mouse playing (and destroying) a conference room playing Frisbee tag

Image 2 -- there is an entire "pet sitting" room where all sorts of monstrous pets/mounts are "in doggie day care". 

I am going to sit in the corner and hyperventilate until these thoughts go away. :)
I've long thought Harry needs to host a BBQ on DR.  Invite Hades and Spot to play with Mouse, invite Ivy to get to know (and Love) Maggie (and play with spot and mouse), invite McCoy to meet his granddaughter, invite Eldest Gruff for that beer Harry owes him, etc, etc, etc. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »
I've long thought Harry needs to host a BBQ on DR.  Invite Hades and Spot to play with Mouse, invite Ivy to get to know (and Love) Maggie (and play with spot and mouse), invite McCoy to meet his granddaughter, invite Eldest Gruff for that beer Harry owes him, etc, etc, etc.
would you really invite Ivy back to the island where she was tortured and abused?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
Since DR is proof against Anduriel's rather broad and blanket powers, I have to think it's strong enough to block any individual actions by an imprisoned Fallen.  I suspect The Balance would end up requiring outside intervention of some kind (from subtle fate-twisting to an outright Jailbreak), but it would be a force on the scale of Universal Balance rather than the individual power-levels of the Fallen themselves (and especially "hobbled as the are").

I wasn't talking about that Fallen..  I'm talking about the Fallen Archangel who put them in the Coins.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »
would you really invite Ivy back to the island where she was tortured and abused?
Ohhh....Right.  :-[

Sooo, Rent out a park like Clan Murphy then?

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »
I wasn't talking about that Fallen..  I'm talking about the Fallen Archangel who put them in the Coins.
Oh, ok, because I definitely thought we were talking about the actual fallen in Coins and whether they could escape DR themselves.  Are you saying you credit the continued "Circulation" of the Coins to Lucy?  Or do you think he has a coin of his own?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/