Author Topic: If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago  (Read 15555 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:42:28 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EzU9sLQ6I

Just a vid that seemed to go with the Hades theme.

anyways think he will be there at PT?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:45:21 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: If Hades shows up for Peace Talks in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »
Personally, I don't think so.  There is nothing to indicate that he is a signatory to the accords.  Also, his realm is kind of separate from the others, and as such he wouldn't need to be a member. 

Then again, if he holds another mantle, he could be there but not be there.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:07:58 PM »
Personally, I don't think so.  There is nothing to indicate that he is a signatory to the accords.  Also, his realm is kind of separate from the others, and as such he wouldn't need to be a member. 

Then again, if he holds another mantle, he could be there but not be there.

Pretty sure he is a signatory...  He upheld the rules of hospitality.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
Hospitality is older than the Accords.  And it's polite.

I'd sooner see him show up as the Erlking or someone and reveal himself to Harry for fun.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:15:12 PM »
The people who will show up to peace talks are those who are already involved - or those who want a strong say in what happens AND can create a legitimate excuse to be there.  Hades does not get involved -- and is not currently involved - so why would he be there.   

Even parties need an invite and the peace talks are bound to be more selective than that. 

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:29:03 PM »
Part of me thinks that only heads of members and signitories will attend, but it is likely they will dispatch ambassadors or representatives.
k moinuddin

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:10 AM »
The people who will show up to peace talks are those who are already involved - or those who want a strong say in what happens AND can create a legitimate excuse to be there.  Hades does not get involved -- and is not currently involved - so why would he be there.   

Even parties need an invite and the peace talks are bound to be more selective than that.

you don't think Hades is involved???  oooooh I think you'd be wrong.  I don't know if he will be at the talks but am almost certain he's involved.  Jim has said that in a later book he will show how different gods are involved behind the scenes.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:41:02 AM »
Chapter 1 spoiler

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if Hades sent Deirdre as his representative?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 09:01:27 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if Hades sent Deirdre as his representative?

haha yeah

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »
Chapter 1 spoiler

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
  I suspect we would not see all the Independents, for example, or those like the Jade Court that are actively committed to non-involvement. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »
Other factions might watch or attend, but simply not officially. They could have unofficial envoys, to act sub rosa.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Other factions might watch or attend, but simply not officially. They could have unofficial envoys, to act sub rosa.
Eh, I dont really see that happening, attendance on the sly I mean.  Either they are interested enough to attend and participate by the rules, or else they abstain from the proceedings.  Id view that sort of sneaking around to be a Disrespect to the Accords, which Mab would not tolerate. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »
Pretty sure he is a signatory...  He upheld the rules of hospitality.
Hospitality has nothing to do with the Accords.

Hospitality is a very old-world social custom.  Think of it in terms of a gentleman holding open a door for a lady or pulling her chair out - not belching in public, etc.

The Accords, on the other hand is an organization, described iirc as similar to NATO, a sort of mutual protection treaty.  Members aren't supposed to have conflict with one another, but terms of the Accords provide a conduit for arbitrating any conflicts that do arise as well as providing certain forms of punishment/discipline when it does happen (reparations payments and the like are one we know of).
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Eh, I dont really see that happening, attendance on the sly I mean.  Either they are interested enough to attend and participate by the rules, or else they abstain from the proceedings.  Id view that sort of sneaking around to be a Disrespect to the Accords, which Mab would not tolerate.
I don't know.  The Accords seem to have a rather bureaucratic element to them, so I could see something similar to the Robert's Rules of Order and Parliamentary Procedure in play, meaning one group could offer another group their proxy.  That way they can avoid attendance without offense because they followed the rules.  Just surmise, mind, but as complex as any treaty/contract is likely to be - particularly one created by a high-ranking Fae - I can't help but see work-arounds like that being common.

/shrug
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.