Author Topic: Mab, and Titania in love with another Starborn?  (Read 9473 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Mab, and Titania in love with another Starborn?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 05:55:17 PM »
Interestingly, if it was a matter of jealousy, there's no guarantee that it was Mab who killed him (if one did).  It's at least equally like that it was Titania, who revels in her lack of self-control.  Of the two, I would say T is at least as likely to lash out at a lover in a jealous rage as Mab.

We are assuming he was innocent.  He may in fact have been playing a game with both of them.  They fought over him, and then realized he was playing them.  If this was the case they probably share in his torment....  Sometimes with Summer, sometimes with Winter...  It could still be going on lol.

Of course their not speaking does make it look like their fight is with each other, and not him.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 06:44:15 PM »
We are assuming he was innocent. 

No, I'm not.  What I said applies equally well either way.  Whether he was innocent, or trying to play them, Titania's still the one of the two more likely to lash out in a lethal angry rage.

Of course their not speaking does make it look like their fight is with each other, and not him.

Not necessarily a contradiction.  Any given lover might try to 'play' them, and even after they found out they could still easily blame each other as well.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »
I really doubt that Titania is in love with Harry.  They've only met the once (that we know of).
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 02:27:08 AM »
Titania told Harry that she and her twin sister have not spoken directly since 1066, presumably in a context that had something to do with the Battle of Hastings.  I wonder when we'll see them have their first face-to-face encounter in a millennium...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 06:09:20 AM »
I really doubt that Titania is in love with Harry.  They've only met the once (that we know of).

Never made the claim
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 05:55:50 PM »
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »
Elaine?

Na.  The last time things got really bad there was a Starborn running around, according to Jim.  It was a really long time ago.  I was speculating that's when Mab, and Titania had a falling out.

Mab and Titania haven't spoke in like 1000 years, and it was over a man whom Jim said didn't survive.  We also know that when things got bad in the wizard world both Queen's died resulting in the rise of Mab, and Titania.  I'm wondering if they were in love with a Starborn, possibly even Merlin, and that person brought about the end of the previous Queen's somehow either through action, or inaction.

This could explain Titania's and Mab's feelings towards Harry, a Starborn as they had trusted, and had feelings for the previous one.  Jim described Titania being very nervous of Harry, and Mab keeping her enemies close.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 06:07:44 PM »
Na.  The last time things got really bad there was a Starborn running around, according to Jim.  It was a really long time ago.  I was speculating that's when Mab, and Titania had a falling out.

Oh.  I thought we had confirmation that it was Tam Lin.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

Dunno.  I thought Tam Lin got out of being Winter Knight alive.  Some people thought it might have been someone from mythology, another Winter/Summer King.  I think that is probably more realistic than my proposal

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 08:41:48 PM »
No, we only have confirmation that he was a former Winter Knight.  To my knowledge we dont have ANY confirmed examples of a Starborn save Harry himself and Elaine as a "potential".  There are a couple mentions of previous Starborn in WOJ (no names though), and a bunch of theories for possible historic examples (My money is on the original Merlin).
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Orion Ultor

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
You know, if it wasn't Merlin, it could have been Arthur.

But if it wasn't either of them, (likely, since I recall that Shakespeare was only a few hundred years ago), it could have been Shakespeare himself…but nah, it could (and probably is), somebody else.

And Maeve wasn't of either of these, as I recall per WoG that it was an Austrian Composer, which means it was possibly Beethoven or Mozart.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
You know, if it wasn't Merlin, it could have been Arthur.

But if it wasn't either of them, (likely, since I recall that Shakespeare was only a few hundred years ago), it could have been Shakespeare himself…but nah, it could (and probably is), somebody else.

And Maeve wasn't of either of these, as I recall per WoG that it was an Austrian Composer, which means it was possibly Beethoven or Mozart.
Mozart is a strong contender, though I think there was some reason we concluded Beethoven wasnt a good fit (too recent and German, I think).

There was another composer I was less familiar with that somebody made a great case for, but I cannot for the life of me remember who, (Franz Schubert?). I recall that he had some works that were suspiciously fitting to have been Fae inspired, and he had a somewhat mysterious death at a young age. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain