Author Topic: Mab, and Titania in love with another Starborn?  (Read 9479 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Mab, and Titania in love with another Starborn?
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
Mab and Titania haven't spoke in like 1000 years, and it was over a man whom Jim said didn't survive.  We also know that when things got bad in the wizard world both Queen's died resulting in the rise of Mab, and Titania.  I'm wondering if they were in love with a Starborn, possibly even Merlin, and that person brought about the end of the previous Queen's somehow either through action, or inaction.

This could explain Titania's and Mab's feelings towards Harry, a Starborn as they had trusted, and had feelings for the previous one.  Jim described Titania being very nervous of Harry, and Mab keeping her enemies close.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:15:48 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Mab, and Titania in love with another Starborn?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
Mab and Titania haven't spoke in like 1000 years, and it was over a man whom Jim said didn't survive.  We also know that when things got bad in the wizard world both Queen's died resulting in the rise of Mab, and Titania.  I'm wondering if they were in love with a Starborn, possibly even Merlin, and that person brought about the end of the previous Queen's somehow either through action, or inaction.

This could explain Titania's and Mab's feelings towards Harry, a Starborn as they had trusted, and had feelings for the previous one.  Jim described Titania being very nervous of Harry, and Mab keeping her enemies close.
The Man in question was specifically Oberon, per that WOJ.  Though given the theme of multiple identities, I supposed Oberon could have also been the original Merlin.  Though the WOJ's paint Oberon as far more coldly Dead than how they decribe Merlin. 

So I dont know that Oberon would fit as Merlin, but I do strongly suspect that the original Merlin was indeed a Starborn, and also the Winter Knight, which is in turn why he was entrusted with The Blackstaff by Mother Winter.  And odds are he was a central player in all the Big-Deal shenanigans that were going down around that time. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »
The Man in question was specifically Oberon, per that WOJ.  Though given the theme of multiple identities, I supposed Oberon could have also been the original Merlin.  Though the WOJ's paint Oberon as far more coldly Dead than how they decribe Merlin. 

So I dont know that Oberon would fit as Merlin, but I do strongly suspect that the original Merlin was indeed a Starborn, and also the Winter Knight, which is in turn why he was entrusted with The Blackstaff by Mother Winter.  And odds are he was a central player in all the Big-Deal shenanigans that were going down around that time.

Has it actually been officially confirmed that the Blackstaff is Mother Winter's walking stick?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 04:55:09 AM »
Has it actually been officially confirmed that the Blackstaff is Mother Winter's walking stick?

Yeah so much so that Jim said so at one point.  So many people suspected it I don't think he felt a need to deny it. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 11:56:24 AM »
Perhaps the last Star Born who killed a few Queens was Merlin, but I suspect if both Mab and Titania loved a mortal, it was probably Tam Lin.  Who then left the Knight service to be with some mortal woman.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 03:01:09 AM »
Perhaps the last Star Born who killed a few Queens was Merlin, but I suspect if both Mab and Titania loved a mortal, it was probably Tam Lin.  Who then left the Knight service to be with some mortal woman.

Hmm...according to legend, one of the dangers of taking a Fae lover was that they can be ferociously jealous, murderously jealous, even if they are routinely unfaithful themselves.  I wonder if Mab and Titania share that tendency...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 04:00:57 AM »
Hmm...according to legend, one of the dangers of taking a Fae lover was that they can be ferociously jealous, murderously jealous, even if they are routinely unfaithful themselves.  I wonder if Mab and Titania share that tendency...

I could see that...  Mab would see you as her prized possession, and Titania would love you deeply.  Both would fight for you

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
Well, WOJ is that Oberon was a mortal caught in a love triangle between them, and it did not end well for him.  So, I think that's reasonable.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 05:10:29 AM »
Well, WOJ is that Oberon was a mortal caught in a love triangle between them, and it did not end well for him.  So, I think that's reasonable.

Interestingly, if it was a matter of jealousy, there's no guarantee that it was Mab who killed him (if one did).  It's at least equally like that it was Titania, who revels in her lack of self-control.  Of the two, I would say T is at least as likely to lash out at a lover in a jealous rage as Mab.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »
Interestingly, if it was a matter of jealousy, there's no guarantee that it was Mab who killed him (if one did).  It's at least equally like that it was Titania, who revels in her lack of self-control.  Of the two, I would say T is at least as likely to lash out at a lover in a jealous rage as Mab.
Id say far more so.  Mab wouldnt lash out, she'd scheme...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 11:36:37 PM »

Hmm, was he really a mortal? I can't remember the exact quote though.

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »
Hmm, was he really a mortal? I can't remember the exact quote though.

/Ulfgeir
Huh, actually, no it does not.  I would have sworn it did...

Dudesan: You've described Santa Claus as being the Winter King. What does that title mean? Do Winter and Summer each have a trinity of Father/King/Prince, like they do with Mother/Queen/Lady? Is the King necessarily the consort of the Queen? If so, will we be seeing Oberon at some point?

Jim: 5) The Faerie realms just aren't that structured. It's more accurate to say that he is /a/ Winter King. Or even more accurately, that he is a free Wyld Fae who is of a power level that is on par with Mab's and happens to neighbor her sphere of influence, and finds it simpler to show up to family dinners during the holidays and make polite than to start staking out boundaries and establishing treaties.
Oberon... well, the guy kind of wound up between Mab and Titania in one of those romantic triangle things, back around Shakespeare's day. He didn't make it.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 02:53:06 AM »

Maybe if they genuinely cared about the mortal in question, but in the case of the Knight as the Queen's consort I don't think faithfulness is expected. Particularly in Winter's case, if Mab were going around killing the Knight's bedmates after the deed out of jealousy, she'd hardly have time for anything else under less rigidly self-controlled Knights than Harry.

I'd say if she has any problem with him starting an actual relationship with Karrin, it's more likely to be that their connection would help keep his humanity grounded, and get in the way of her agenda to mould him into a monster. Of course, it's not like Mab can just up and kill Karrin herself, or order Harry to with any expectation of obedience, but she may try to create more distrust as she did between Harry and Molly in SG.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 03:17:44 AM »
Huh, actually, no it does not.  I would have sworn it did...
You may be thinking of the compose who is Mab's Baby Daddy?

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 06:32:23 AM »
Maybe if they genuinely cared about the mortal in question, but in the case of the Knight as the Queen's consort I don't think faithfulness is expected. Particularly in Winter's case, if Mab were going around killing the Knight's bedmates after the deed out of jealousy, she'd hardly have time for anything else under less rigidly self-controlled Knights than Harry.

I'd say if she has any problem with him starting an actual relationship with Karrin, it's more likely to be that their connection would help keep his humanity grounded, and get in the way of her agenda to mould him into a monster. Of course, it's not like Mab can just up and kill Karrin herself, or order Harry to with any expectation of obedience, but she may try to create more distrust as she did between Harry and Molly in SG.

I wasn't thinking of Harry in specific.  He really hasn't taken a Fae lover, the one time with Mab was more of a ceremonial thing than anything else, and I doubt it was SOP.  As Harry said, it was less sex than something that was superficially like it.

I was thinking more along the lines of Oberon, or Maeve's father.